Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Simply disgusting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simply disgusting...

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/advice/h...ed-my-abortion

When Emily Letts got pregnant, she knew she would get an abortion. Then she decided to film it. Letts, 25, is an abortion counselor at Cherry Hill Women’s Center in New Jersey, which is where she had her abortion. The non-graphic video focuses on her face and shows her breathing and humming through the procedure. The doctor on the other side of the sheet is out of view. When she entered the Abortion Care Network’s Stigma Busting video competition and won, the video went viral. Here, she explains why she decided to share her experience so publicly.
    Stigma busting...

This selfish twit should have had her uterus removed.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

I wonder if her Mommy is proud.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Stigma busting...

You're such a misogynists! You're a guy and you have no right to dictate what a woman can do with her own body, is the response that pro-choicers would have reading this and the other things said about this woman, and treat her as a brave hero for reproductive rights.
      It's extremely disgusting that there was a competition for this. How many women just got pregnant to film them self have an abortion? Disturbing. I wonder if that is what this woman did.
      Last edited by Christy; 05-07-2014, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Stigma busting...

If anyone ever wanted to make a case for abortion clinic bombers being in the right, this would be the story to use.
        Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Stigma busting...

I volunteer to do it. That was just sick and beyond wrong. It's an abomination.
          I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Judgement Day: (I really have no idea if this conversation would ever happen.)
            God: So, you got pregnant just so you could film your abortion?
            Woman: Yes...
            God: You do realize how much trouble you're in, right?
            W: Huh? Abortions aren't wrong!(Yeah, Really don't think this convo would EVER happen...)
            G: Hey, Susie, come over here. (the baby)
            S; Okay!
            W: Who's that kid?
            G: Yours. The one you had murdered just so you could make a foolish video!
            W: oops.
            S: What's muwder?(she only remembers being in Heaven) Did you not want me?
            G: Go ahead, explain to Susie why you did what you did before you go away forever.(wouldn't it be crazy if people did get confronted by their victims?)
            W: Uh....
            (what should be the woman's response?)
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if something like that does happen. Of course, instead of being speechless, she'd probably rant until she was blue in the face about how right she is.

Comment

Originally posted by Christy View Post
                It's extremely disgusting that there was a competition for this. How many women just got pregnant to film them self have an abortion? Disturbing. I wonder if that is what this woman did.
                If you read the article, you would know that this was not the case. If there are any women out there who do deliberately get pregnant simply in order to have an abortion, I'll be very surprised.
                Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Some Dude View Post
                  Wouldn't be surprised if something like that does happen. Of course, instead of being speechless, she'd probably rant until she was blue in the face about how right she is.
                  To GOD!!!! And what would she say to the kid???
                  Alternate woman and susie convo:
                  W: Well, a woman has a choice!
                  S: Huh??? Why?
                  W: Because! You wouldn't understand! Your just some useless fetus!
                  G: That is uncalled for. Apologize.
                  W: NO!!!!
                  S: Wow. She's acting like.. a fool, or the stories I've heard "bout demons being... what's that word?, awogant. Yes, awogant.
                  W: You little BRAT! I'm glad I aborted you!
                  G: Well, you sure aren't going to see her again. Hell has no visiting hours.
                  W: You can't do this to me!!!! I have rights! You're a (bunch of REALLY nasty stuff you should NEVER say to anyone, definitely not God)
                  G: Well, you are an idiot who certainly has no clue at all what life was like in ancient times. You can go back now, Susie.
                  (Susie goes back to wherever kids stay in heaven).
                  W: Good riddance!
                  G: And you don't deserve to be her mother. Now others will care for her, but there is no hope for you.
                  W: What! Are you goin' to torture me!!!
                  G: Find out for yourself.
                  Last edited by Christianbookworm; 05-07-2014, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Read the article... maybe she wouldn't be so harsh in speaking with the kid...
                    Alternate alternate conversation:
                    W: Well, women have a choice of when to continue their pregnancy. I wasn't ready... and some girls are afraid of surgical abortions, so I wanted to show them what it was like.
                    G: You do know there were other options, like adoption.
                    S: Yeah! Heaven's great, but I've heard stories from other people that they learned so much when they were on earth. And I didn't get to.... It would've been fun to help people and tell them 'bout Jesus. But I didn't get to.
                    W: You do realize you might not have been saved, right?
                    S: But what about my choice?
                    W: Kids don't make choices. Adults do.
                    S: Even killing?
                    W: It doesn't count...
                    S: Why?
                    W: Because! You can't understand!
                    S:

Comment

Am I missing something? She didn't get pregnant just to film her abortion, she got pregnant by mistake (stupid stupid careless reckless mistake) but not on purpose to film her abortion.
                      The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
                        Am I missing something? She didn't get pregnant just to film her abortion, she got pregnant by mistake (stupid stupid careless reckless mistake) but not on purpose to film her abortion.
                        We just realized that. Oops. Still sad that she had the abortion. Don't want to mess up the model look? Because adoption is an option!

Comment

Let's posit a scenario where the woman is saved, because having an abortion is not the unforgivable sin...
                          W: I'm in trouble, aren't I? Good thing Jesus paid for my sins...
                          G: Well, there isn't anyway to change the past.
                          S: Hi!
                          W: I'm sorry. I just thought there was no other option. I didn't want you to be raised in a bad environment, and this place is far from a bad environment...
                          G; Except that murder is still wrong.
                          W: Right. I still shouldn't have done that. I felt so badly later on.
                          S: I forgive you. Let's go play!

Comment

Sorry, just read that competition part. Didn't read the article.

ETA: I just wondered if that was she did, because it seems pretty weird that that she's an abortion counselor and then makes this video. Like it seems she wants to be able to say "See, I did it!." She even says that she could use that now when talking to patients when before she said that she didn't. I know it's speculation Of course they're giving her a platform and treating her like a hero
                            Last edited by Christy; 05-08-2014, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Well, you never know what people would do if it would help a cause they believe in.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X