Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

UNPLANNED - The Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

00000000000000ab000-00d.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]36095[/ATTACH]
      Well, they're right about one thing, abortion is violent. Here's hoping many see this movie, regardless.

Lord have mercy,
      Lee
      "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

I've heard highly mixed things about the movie, but I will note that I definitely wasn't expecting it to have a higher Rotten Tomatoes score than the 2019 version of Dumbo.

Comment

Pro-life activist Clinton Wilcox just saw the movie. He said the movie fully deserves its R rating and that pro-lifers shouldn't attack the MPAA over its rating.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

It deserves the R rating.
            sigpic

Comment

Considering how the left has been making abortion legal right up to the moment of birth (not to mention gleefully and ecstatically celebrating it), and talking about allowing post-birth abortion (straight out, unvarnished infanticide), it really shouldn't be a surprise

Source: US anti-abortion film a surprise box office success

New York (AFP) - A movie produced by a Christian studio about a former employee of an organization that provides abortions who became a "pro-life" activist is proving to be a surprising box office hit.

"Unplanned," which was released in theaters on March 29, has pulled in more than 8.6 million dollars in North America, according to Box Office Mojo.

That put the film in an unexpected fourth place for the week behind the much bigger budget pictures "Dumbo," "Us," and "Captain Marvel."

"Unplanned" comes amid a resurgent campaign in the United States by opponents of abortion, which was legalized in the United States in a landmark 1973 Supreme Court decision.

Among those promoting the movie has been the deeply religious vice president, Mike Pence.

"So good to see movie theaters across the country showing @UnplannedMovie," Pence tweeted. "More & more Americans are embracing the sanctity of life because of powerful stories like this one."

Building on its early buzz, "Unplanned" is to be shown in more than 1,500 theaters across the United States this weekend, up from 1,059 the weekend of its release.

- 'R' rating -

Produced by the self-described Christian studio Pure Flix, "Unplanned" was launched with little advertising because most cable TV channels reportedly refused to air ads for the film.

Anti-abortion groups have denounced this as part of an orchestrated campaign which they claim also included the film being attributed an "R" rating by the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA).

An "R" rating requires anyone under the age of 17 going to a movie to be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.

Fueling the criticism was the brief suspension by Twitter of the movie's account, which the company attributed to a technical problem.

Writing in The Washington Post, columnist Marc Thiessen called "Unplanned" the "movie abortion supporters don't want you to see."

"Unplanned" is based on a book by the same name by Abby Johnson, a former director of an abortion clinic in Bryan, Texas, run by Planned Parenthood, the largest family planning organization in the United States.

Johnson recounts in the book how she had a "spiritual awakening" after personally assisting with an abortion.

- 'Propaganda' -

"Unplanned" has been dismissed by some critics as propaganda.

"There have been films that treated Nazi doctors conducting evil experiments in concentration camps more sympathetically," said Frank Scheck in The Hollywood Reporter.

Writing in the trade publication Variety, Owen Gleiberman said "Unplanned" "isn't a good movie, but it's effective propaganda."

"'Unplanned' preaches to the pro-life choir, and it does so by making a case against abortion that's absolutist and extreme," Gleiberman said.

The movie's co-director Cary Solomon shrugged off the criticism.

"We didn't turn this into a propaganda piece," Solomon said in an interview with AFP. "We refused to do that.

"We wanted to tell a true life story and let the truth be interpreted by people that see it," he said.

"It's an exact retelling of the book," Solomon said. "Everything in the movie is based on her true story.

"We didn't fabricate anything, we didn't make anything up."

Most US states allow abortion up until 24 weeks.

But there have been attempts in a number of states to restrict the practice.

In Georgia, for example, state lawmakers last month passed a bill that would ban abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected, which can be as early as six weeks.

The bill is awaiting signature by the governor and is expected to be challenged in the courts.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Oh. And here is the trailer

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Pro-life activist Clinton Wilcox just saw the movie. He said the movie fully deserves its R rating and that pro-lifers shouldn't attack the MPAA over its rating.
                I see it as all a game - the R rating gives more notoriety to the movie, so ranting against it just draws more attention.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What's even more sickening are the pro abortion folks that even deny there would be a sadistic choice between the baby's life and the mother's well being. But, why can't we save both? It's not like some evil villain is threatening to murder one of them and there is no other option. Except there is always another option! Just look at Jesus outsmarting those Pharisee's trick questions by taking a different option! Oh, and Jesus loves the little children. Jesus is the incarnate Son of God. Do the math.
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

The libs are pushing back, but Abby is standing her ground. Good for her!!!

Yes, I Really Did See An Ultrasound-Guided Abortion That Made Me Pro-Life

(A biased article from a liberal publication has been used as the sole source to try and debunk my life story of being a Planned Parenthood director who became pro-life.)

I left Planned Parenthood nine years ago after assisting in an ultrasound-guided abortion of a 13-week-old fetus. I saw the unborn child struggle for its life against the abortion instruments. I saw the empty uterus on the screen where life had been just moments before.

This story is now a major motion picture released in theaters nationwide, called “Unplanned.” While the movie defied industry expectations at the box office, attention has also been drawn to an article written about my story soon after I left the abortion industry. I had never felt the need to respond to the false claims in this story until now.

The Texas Monthly published a story just a few months after I left Planned Parenthood entitled “The Convert.” It’s a biased article from a liberal publication that has been used as the sole source for every other abortion-supporting website to try and debunk my story, most of them outright claiming I never witnessed the ultrasound-guided abortion or that it simply never happened.

The article claims there were no 13-week abortions done that day, September 26, 2009. It claims the doctor didn’t use an ultrasound to guide his instruments. But that incorrect information comes only from a sheet of paper from Planned Parenthood, not from an official record from the Texas Department of Health, which would never, under any circumstances, release any reports regarding specific abortions performed at specific clinics, in order to protect patient privacy.

In fact, the only abortion data that the Texas Department of Health releases is general information about abortions performed by county, ethnicity, age, and type of abortion performed. Under no circumstance, even an open-records request, would the Texas Department of Health release the induced abortion report for any facility (Texas Health and Safety Code 245.011).

The Texas Monthly reporter sent me a form from Planned Parenthood that was used as the basis for the story, which looks like something akin to a bad Excel spreadsheet. Planned Parenthood said this is what was sent to the Texas Department of Health, yet that’s not the correct form at all. The actual form is called the Induced Abortion Reporting form and the state requires it for each abortion appointment, not an Excel document. I was the clinic director for this Planned Parenthood, so it was my job to know this information and how to report abortions.

The form Planned Parenthood claims they sent to the Texas Department of Health also has some glaring disparities. Firstly, it doesn’t even have all the information that must be reported to the state, such as any complications and what type of anesthesia was used. Secondly, the form states that the facility performed a surgical abortion on a four-week old fetus. There is no way that would happen until five weeks of gestation at the very earliest, preferably six weeks, because you have to be able to visibly identify the chorionic villi—“tiny parts of the placenta that are formed from the fertilized egg”—which are usually not visibly present until six weeks.

Both this random document and the official Induced Abortion Reporting document never state if an abortion is done with an ultrasound guide. What’s important to them is that the abortion is completed. Ultrasound-guided abortions aren’t common, but the doctor doing them that day at the clinic wanted to do it that way, which is how I ended up holding the probe and witnessing the death of a baby on the screen.

The document Planned Parenthood sent the Texas Monthly reporter also shows that it was completed on September 30, 2009. But I didn’t resign as clinic director until October 6, 2009, so this supposed “proof” of a document would have been filled out by me. If I had this big scheme to talk about an abortion that never took place, don’t you think that I would have made sure that this form had a 13-week abortion included? However, I had never seen a form like this in my life, because it didn’t exist. The only form that I was aware of was the Induced Abortion Form that is an official Texas Department of Health document.

Understand that Planned Parenthood isn’t great at keeping records and the records they do manage to keep are often not correct or are deceptively altered. Planned Parenthood has been successfully sued many times over for Medicaid fraud, paying millions of dollars back to the government for defrauding taxpayers. Undercover videos shot by Lila Rose and Live Action show Planned Parenthood employees on camera willfully acknowledging they have no problem fudging dates here and there. This isn’t a trustworthy organization.....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      The libs are pushing back, but Abby is standing her ground. Good for her!!!

Yes, I Really Did See An Ultrasound-Guided Abortion That Made Me Pro-Life

(A biased article from a liberal publication has been used as the sole source to try and debunk my life story of being a Planned Parenthood director who became pro-life.)

I left Planned Parenthood nine years ago after assisting in an ultrasound-guided abortion of a 13-week-old fetus. I saw the unborn child struggle for its life against the abortion instruments. I saw the empty uterus on the screen where life had been just moments before.

This story is now a major motion picture released in theaters nationwide, called “Unplanned.” While the movie defied industry expectations at the box office, attention has also been drawn to an article written about my story soon after I left the abortion industry. I had never felt the need to respond to the false claims in this story until now.

The Texas Monthly published a story just a few months after I left Planned Parenthood entitled “The Convert.” It’s a biased article from a liberal publication that has been used as the sole source for every other abortion-supporting website to try and debunk my story, most of them outright claiming I never witnessed the ultrasound-guided abortion or that it simply never happened.

The article claims there were no 13-week abortions done that day, September 26, 2009. It claims the doctor didn’t use an ultrasound to guide his instruments. But that incorrect information comes only from a sheet of paper from Planned Parenthood, not from an official record from the Texas Department of Health, which would never, under any circumstances, release any reports regarding specific abortions performed at specific clinics, in order to protect patient privacy.

In fact, the only abortion data that the Texas Department of Health releases is general information about abortions performed by county, ethnicity, age, and type of abortion performed. Under no circumstance, even an open-records request, would the Texas Department of Health release the induced abortion report for any facility (Texas Health and Safety Code 245.011).

The Texas Monthly reporter sent me a form from Planned Parenthood that was used as the basis for the story, which looks like something akin to a bad Excel spreadsheet. Planned Parenthood said this is what was sent to the Texas Department of Health, yet that’s not the correct form at all. The actual form is called the Induced Abortion Reporting form and the state requires it for each abortion appointment, not an Excel document. I was the clinic director for this Planned Parenthood, so it was my job to know this information and how to report abortions.

The form Planned Parenthood claims they sent to the Texas Department of Health also has some glaring disparities. Firstly, it doesn’t even have all the information that must be reported to the state, such as any complications and what type of anesthesia was used. Secondly, the form states that the facility performed a surgical abortion on a four-week old fetus. There is no way that would happen until five weeks of gestation at the very earliest, preferably six weeks, because you have to be able to visibly identify the chorionic villi—“tiny parts of the placenta that are formed from the fertilized egg”—which are usually not visibly present until six weeks.

Both this random document and the official Induced Abortion Reporting document never state if an abortion is done with an ultrasound guide. What’s important to them is that the abortion is completed. Ultrasound-guided abortions aren’t common, but the doctor doing them that day at the clinic wanted to do it that way, which is how I ended up holding the probe and witnessing the death of a baby on the screen.

The document Planned Parenthood sent the Texas Monthly reporter also shows that it was completed on September 30, 2009. But I didn’t resign as clinic director until October 6, 2009, so this supposed “proof” of a document would have been filled out by me. If I had this big scheme to talk about an abortion that never took place, don’t you think that I would have made sure that this form had a 13-week abortion included? However, I had never seen a form like this in my life, because it didn’t exist. The only form that I was aware of was the Induced Abortion Form that is an official Texas Department of Health document.

Understand that Planned Parenthood isn’t great at keeping records and the records they do manage to keep are often not correct or are deceptively altered. Planned Parenthood has been successfully sued many times over for Medicaid fraud, paying millions of dollars back to the government for defrauding taxpayers. Undercover videos shot by Lila Rose and Live Action show Planned Parenthood employees on camera willfully acknowledging they have no problem fudging dates here and there. This isn’t a trustworthy organization.....

Have you a link for that?
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                        Here

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          Sorry, me brudder bailed me out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Sorry, me brudder bailed me out.
                            Back when we were younger it was usually the other way around. The secretary at the sheriff's office would see pull up and say, "get rogue ready for release."

Comment

That's a joke... right?
                              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                                That's a joke... right?

Comment