Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Unborn child has ‘inalienable’ right to life ‘at all stages of development’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unborn child has ‘inalienable’ right to life ‘at all stages of development’

Originally posted by Life Site News
    Unborn child has ‘inalienable’ right to life ‘at all stages of development’: Alabama Supreme Court

by Colin Kerr

MONTGOMERY, AL, April 22, 2014 (LifeSiteNews.com) –– Children in the womb should have the same legal standing as other children, the Supreme Court of Alabama ruled Friday.
    The decision upheld the prior conviction of Sarah Janie Hicks for “the chemical endangerment of her child,” when she exposed her unborn baby to cocaine. The boy, referred to as “JD,” was born testing positive for cocaine.
    Alabama Supreme Court Justice Tom Parker

The 8-1 decision reaffirmed the Alabama Supreme Court’s ruling in a similar case last year that the word “child” includes “unborn child.”
    Friday’s decision was a review of the lower Court of Criminal Appeals’ conviction of Hicks.
    According to Justice Tom Parker, who wrote the majority decision, “It is impossible for an unborn child to be a separate and distinct person at a particular point in time in one respect and not to be a separate and distinct person at the same point in time but in another respect. Because an unborn child has an inalienable right to life from its earliest stages of development, it is entitled not only to a life free from the harmful effects of chemicals at all stages of development but also to life itself at all stages of development. Treating an unborn child as a separate and distinct person in only select respects defies logic and our deepest sense of morality.”
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Comment

Good for them.

This line makes me wonder, though:

Because an unborn child has an inalienable right to life from its earliest stages of development, it is entitled not only to a life free from the harmful effects of chemicals at all stages of development but also to life itself at all stages of development.
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Wow. Can you say "Collapse Clause"?
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Great news!
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Better if it was from the U.S Supreme Court.

But hey...it's a big plus to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                Good for them.

This line makes me wonder, though:
                It's specific to the case - mom didn't bother to stop using cocaine while pregnant.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
                  Better if it was from the U.S Supreme Court.

But hey...it's a big plus to see this.
                  Gotta start somewhere!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Alabamastan did good.

So is abortion illegal there now?

Comment

Fed law still trumps - but the ruling bodes ill for the upcoming case on whether or not the state can require admission privileges for abortion providers - that will probably end most of the remaining clinics in Alabama.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Wow. Can you say "Collapse Clause"?
                        My favorite part (not cited here) was when the Alabama Court called the US Supreme Court to task for violating the Law of Non-contradiction!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Well the plus side is, that it'll end the free standing clinics, and a woman who seeks an abortion would have to do so in a hospital setting, now that changes ALL planned parenthood/NARAL lobbies. And its a massive stride in the right direction.
                          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            My favorite part (not cited here) was when the Alabama Court called the US Supreme Court to task for violating the Law of Non-contradiction!
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              It's specific to the case - mom didn't bother to stop using cocaine while pregnant.
                              Sure. Just seems like a precedent for an even bigger can of worms.
                              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X