Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Unborn child has ‘inalienable’ right to life ‘at all stages of development’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or more legal weirdness. Like if someone kills the baby without mom's okay, they will get in trouble for killing the kid. But abortion, a-ok apparently!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
      Well the plus side is, that it'll end the free standing clinics, and a woman who seeks an abortion would have to do so in a hospital setting, now that changes ALL planned parenthood/NARAL lobbies. And its a massive stride in the right direction.
      Why wouldn't they want safer abortions? You'd think it would be counterproductive to their little cause to have women die from going to a free standing clinic that doesn't do it properly. Still would end with a dead baby...

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
        Sure. Just seems like a precedent for an even bigger can of worms.
        Actually, it's already precedent. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome was at issue in the original case, if I recall correctly (not swearing to this) but yeah, several courts have already upheld laws and prosecutions based on a woman harming her child in utero.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Actually, it's already precedent. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome was at issue in the original case, if I recall correctly (not swearing to this) but yeah, several courts have already upheld laws and prosecutions based on a woman harming her child in utero.
          Yet it's perfectly legal to pay a doctor to MURDER her baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            Yet it's perfectly legal to pay a doctor to MURDER her baby!
            Hence the violation of the law of non-contradiction.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Hence the violation of the law of non-contradiction.
              Illogical humans!!! Wait... I am a human...

Comment

Why has this not made it into ANY of the major news outlets???
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

1) It's pro-life
                  2) It's from Alabama.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                    Well the plus side is, that it'll end the free standing clinics, and a woman who seeks an abortion would have to do so in a hospital setting, now that changes ALL planned parenthood/NARAL lobbies. And its a massive stride in the right direction.
                    While this sounds good, I wonder if this would somehow lead to a situation where all hospitals ended up having to provide them.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      While this sounds good, I wonder if this would somehow lead to a situation where all hospitals ended up having to provide them.
                      I hope not. Especially for the religious private run hospitals. Public/subsidized hospitals are a different argument.
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

"Oh HEEEEEEEEEELL NAW! You religious bigots aren't going to violate my rights! It says I have a right to abortion right there in the Constitution!!!....you just have to squint really hard to see it.
                        Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X