Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

"Aborted Babies Incinerated to Heat UK Hospitals" - The Telegraph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Or better yet, find something else to do entirely or get married!

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    STD Rep for the health department.
    Aren't some of those diseases transmitted other ways too? Why would there still be people practicing unsafe sex?!

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    STD Rep for the health department.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    HEY!!! My job depends on people being stupid and irresponsible enough 'sexually active' with more than one partner!
    What do you do?

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrikature View Post

I don't like them either. I am pretty sure that biological waste in general needs special treatment, and afaik human remains are (and arguably should be) accorded special treatment.
    Can't be both - the fetus is either human while alive or it's not. Its remains don't magically become 'human' after death.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    It's too bad the article's headline is such a gross misrepresentation of what's happening. It's too bad no one else here seems to have noticed.
    And too bad you didn't read it, huh? The legit criticism is that they put an immediate halt to it as 'inappropriate'.

But the obvious issue remains - if the fetus is not human for legal and ethical purposes then why is anyone surprised when 'non-human' remains are mistreated? The problem is the contradictory view that uses varying definitions dependent on political whim.

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    How so?

From the article:
    As I've mentioned in the civics thread, the author has portrayed the exception as the rule. Yes, there were ~2,000 unborn babies incinerated in waste-to-energy facilities. Compare that to the ~15,500 total unborn babies incinerated.

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    I guess we just don't like abortions period. It wouldn't be consistent to treat said remains any other way than as medical waste, correct?
    I don't like them either. I am pretty sure that biological waste in general needs special treatment, and afaik human remains are (and arguably should be) accorded special treatment.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    Do some people have no SELF control? Maybe it's because I'm not interested, but is it really that hard to just no do the action that can get someone pregnant or have an STI!
    HEY!!! My job depends on people being stupid and irresponsible enough 'sexually active' with more than one partner!

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    Well, if the person who did the procedure believed that the remains shouldn't be treated as medical waste, why would he do the procedure? If the remains shouldn't be treated as waste, the life that the remains were, shouldn't have been killed either.
    Got ya...

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    ???
    Well, if the person who did the procedure believed that the remains shouldn't be treated as medical waste, why would he do the procedure? If the remains shouldn't be treated as waste, the life that the remains were, shouldn't have been killed either.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    I guess we just don't like abortions period. It wouldn't be consistent to treat said remains any other way than as medical waste, correct?
    ???

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    It's too bad the article's headline is such a gross misrepresentation of what's happening. It's too bad no one else here seems to have noticed.
    How so?

From the article:

The bodies of thousands of aborted and miscarried babies were incinerated as clinical waste, with some even used to heat hospitals, an investigation has found....

...One of the country’s leading hospitals, Addenbrooke’s in Cambridge, incinerated 797 babies below 13 weeks gestation at their own ‘waste to energy’ plant. The mothers were told the remains had been ‘cremated.’

Another ‘waste to energy’ facility at Ipswich Hospital, operated by a private contractor, incinerated 1,101 foetal remains between 2011 and 2013.

They were brought in from another hospital before being burned, generating energy for the hospital site. Ipswich Hospital itself disposes of remains by cremation.
    Last edited by seer; 03-26-2014, 09:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Manwë Súlimo
    replied
    I have two of the best nephews in the entire world and I wonder that in an alternate universe, they could have had their brains sucked out of a tube and their bodies used to head the abortionists shower water.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X