Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

States That Prohibit Abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• States That Prohibit Abortion

Alabama, as of Friday, June 24, 2022.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Tenth Amendment -
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Abortion is a "States" issue.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Tenth Amendment -
      The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Abortion is a "States" issue.
      I think it is a moral issue. I'll take the win but I think that the Constitution does in fact protect the right to live subject only to due process of law.

Now the real battle begins - the only way to protect babies now is to win over every state.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        I think it is a moral issue. I'll take the win but I think that the Constitution does in fact protect the right to live subject only to due process of law.
        Oh, absolutely --- the right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...."
        You can't be happy if you're not "free" (liberty)
        And you can't have liberty if you're not "alive".

But the fact that "abortion is a right guaranteed by the Constitution" is bogus, as even many liberal legal scholars had noted.

Now the real battle begins - the only way to protect babies now is to win over every state.
        Amen. And one of the interesting things about this is that the abortionists will actually have to come up with 'reasoning', rather than just yell "it's the law of the land!"

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

OK, I have to do a double-take when I see your avatar --- it looks a lot like... um....

Comment

OK, I have to do a double-take when I see your avatar --- it looks a lot like... um....

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Kansas firmly rejected a pro-life amendment. From what I heard from an old acquaintance who works for the state Democratic party, numbers of Republicans were showing up to their headquarters and saying "how can I help,". If this reddest of red states won't do it, we need to temper our expectations about what's possible.

(From what I can tell, one thing that hurt the pro-life cause was reports that there was no life of mother exception. This was true but misleading; the amendment simply stated that there was no constitutional right to an abortion, contra the state Supreme Court, so specific details were beyond its scope).
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Kansas firmly rejected a pro-life amendment. From what I heard from an old acquaintance who works for the state Democratic party, numbers of Republicans were showing up to their headquarters and saying "how can I help,". If this reddest of red states won't do it, we need to temper our expectations about what's possible.

(From what I can tell, one thing that hurt the pro-life cause was reports that there was no life of mother exception. This was true but misleading; the amendment simply stated that there was no constitutional right to an abortion, contra the state Supreme Court, so specific details were beyond its scope).
                A link: Kansas rejects constitutional amendment removing the state level right to an abortion

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Also, the wording of the amendment was a bit odd.

Comment

There is a decent takeaway. A friend of mine (he's a libertarian himself, but one of the smartest people I know, and can accurately summarize both sides' arguments fairly) said, and I summarize, "Many of my friends will be sad, but voters did not buy that you loved them both (the amendment was called Love Them Both). You still have the opportunity to make that case now.)
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

There is a decent takeaway. A friend of mine (he's a libertarian himself, but one of the smartest people I know, and can accurately summarize both sides' arguments fairly) said, and I summarize, "Many of my friends will be sad, but voters did not buy that you loved them both (the amendment was called Love Them Both). You still have the opportunity to make that case now.)
                      Invalid argument! The number of ( and ) do not match!

Comment

Invalid argument! The number of ( and ) do not match!

And I thought I was safe from ever doing math again.

Comment

And I thought I was safe from ever doing math again.
                          Laughing -- it's one of my ... um... quirks, I guess.

I have actually printed a document, only to realize I've missed a quote mark or parentheses, and had to fix it and print again.

Comment

There is a decent takeaway. A friend of mine (he's a libertarian himself, but one of the smartest people I know, and can accurately summarize both sides' arguments fairly) said, and I summarize, "Many of my friends will be sad, but voters did not buy that you loved them both..."
                            So Kansas voters chose to not love the most innocent and defenseless.

That is ultimately what it boils down to, and why there will never likely be a full victory before the Lord returns. A nationwide law would probably not make it past a Dem. filibuster, and if it did, could just as easily be removed when power changes hands. A Pro-Life Amendment would be almost impossible to enact at all, since the Pro-Kill faction is so large and willfully resistant to persuasion.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

So Kansas voters chose to not love the most innocent and defenseless.

That is ultimately what it boils down to, and why there will never likely be a full victory before the Lord returns. A nationwide law would probably not make it past a Dem. filibuster, and if it did, could just as easily be removed when power changes hands. A Pro-Life Amendment would be almost impossible to enact at all, since the Pro-Kill faction is so large and willfully resistant to persuasion.
                              True pro-life people are not in the majority. The entire point is that like it or not, there is a need to persuade the malleable winner if it's going before the polls.

I do know that pro-life people did use outright deception to try to win, including one operative sending out mass texts saying "Vote yes to protect reproductive freedom", and that's not what I'm referring to (maybe someone can make a case about how it was justified like with Rahab, but I'd rather not go down that road right now).

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X