Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Whoopie Goldberg's pro-abortion argument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoopie Goldberg's pro-abortion argument

Recently Whoopsie, the primary shrew on The View (which the New York Times has proclaimed is "the most important political TV show in America"), made an interesting defense of abortion on her show.

Source: Whoopi Goldberg Just Came up With the Dumbest Pro-Abortion Argument Yet

Whoopi Goldberg, co-host of The View, is definitely no friend to the pro-life community and had some words to say to it as the Supreme Court hears arguments over the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization case.

Wearing an ugly Christmas sweater, Goldberg went on a rant directed at men which contained a lot of “how dare you’s.” This is a pretty ludicrous position to take, namely because it insinuates that only men are pro-life. The truth is that women are just as much involved and tend to be much fiercer in their advocacy for pro-life policies.

But that’s hardly the weirdest thing Goldberg said in her rant. Apparently, Goldberg felt it necessary to chastise men for thinking we know what a fetus wants.

“Do any of you men have any eggs or the possibility of carrying a fetus? How dare you talk about what a fetus wants! You have no idea,” she said.

This was naturally followed up by applause by The View’s audience.

Contrary to Goldberg’s self-assured seat on her high horse, it’s actually pretty easy to figure out what a fetus wants. It wants a steady flow of necessary materials and a healthy mother with which to gestate into a fully-fledged baby.

I can tell you what it doesn’t want.

It doesn’t want to die.

For a time, a fetus runs on pure instinct. Its brain, heart, and body are all in development, so the concept of “want” actually doesn’t apply until later, but if we’re talking in terms of what it instinctively strives for being a “want,” then a fetus definitely wants to live. There’s a whole host of things both mother and baby do to make sure that happens both consciously and unconsciously.

My question to Goldberg is pretty simple: Do you know what the fetus wants?

It’s an honest question that I think deserves an answer. If Goldberg is some kind of fetus whisperer, then she needs to come forward and utilize her mysterious power for the good of mankind. This includes letting us know about any suicidal fetuses out there.

But I’m willing to bet Goldberg doesn’t have this power. I’m also willing to bet that in her heart of hearts she knows that was a stupid thing to say as there absolutely is no logic to it.

That pretty much goes for a lot of the pro-abortion arguments. A lot of it is confused with feminist declarations of “freedom,” anti-patriarchy spite, and unscientific declarations with no grounding in reality. A good deal of the pro-abortion crowd is rage and pride, and that can only get you so far in terms of advancing a cause, but at least it’s good enough to get you a co-hosting position on The View.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The whole attacking men for having an opinion on this reminds me of a certain poster here. I wonder if Whoopsie has a similar opinion about a bunch of men being the ones to decide Roe v. Wade or is it just when men express a view she doesn't agree with that she thinks they don't have a right to opine.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Recently Whoopsie, the primary shrew on The View (which the New York Times has proclaimed is "the most important political TV show in America"), made an interesting defense of abortion on her show.

Whoopi Goldberg, co-host of The View, is definitely no friend to the pro-life community and had some words to say to it as the Supreme Court hears arguments over the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization case.

Wearing an ugly Christmas sweater, Goldberg went on a rant directed at men which contained a lot of “how dare you’s.” This is a pretty ludicrous position to take, namely because it insinuates that only men are pro-life. The truth is that women are just as much involved and tend to be much fiercer in their advocacy for pro-life policies.

But that’s hardly the weirdest thing Goldberg said in her rant. Apparently, Goldberg felt it necessary to chastise men for thinking we know what a fetus wants.

“Do any of you men have any eggs or the possibility of carrying a fetus? How dare you talk about what a fetus wants! You have no idea,” she said.

Contrary to Goldberg’s self-assured seat on her high horse, it’s actually pretty easy to figure out what a fetus wants. It wants a steady flow of necessary materials and a healthy mother with which to gestate into a fully-fledged baby.

It doesn’t want to die.

For a time, a fetus runs on pure instinct. Its brain, heart, and body are all in development, so the concept of “want” actually doesn’t apply until later, but if we’re talking in terms of what it instinctively strives for being a “want,” then a fetus definitely wants to live. There’s a whole host of things both mother and baby do to make sure that happens both consciously and unconsciously.

It’s an honest question that I think deserves an answer. If Goldberg is some kind of fetus whisperer, then she needs to come forward and utilize her mysterious power for the good of mankind. This includes letting us know about any suicidal fetuses out there.

But I’m willing to bet Goldberg doesn’t have this power. I’m also willing to bet that in her heart of hearts she knows that was a stupid thing to say as there absolutely is no logic to it.

That pretty much goes for a lot of the pro-abortion arguments. A lot of it is confused with feminist declarations of “freedom,” anti-patriarchy spite, and unscientific declarations with no grounding in reality. A good deal of the pro-abortion crowd is rage and pride, and that can only get you so far in terms of advancing a cause, but at least it’s good enough to get you a co-hosting position on The View.

Source

The whole attacking men for having an opinion on this reminds me of a certain poster here. I wonder if Whoopsie has a similar opinion about a bunch of men being the ones to decide Roe v. Wade or is it just when men express a view she doesn't agree with that she thinks they don't have a right to opine.
    I only got into the first couple sentences, and already was thinking of a certain Hypocrisy_Addict.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

By admitting that a fetus "wants" something, she has blown the argument that a fetus is a lump of cells or part of the mother to smithereens.

[mic drop]

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        By admitting that a fetus "wants" something, she has blown the argument that a fetus is a lump of cells or part of the mother to smithereens.

[mic drop]
        Nobody ever claimed that the loony left was consistent.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Nobody ever claimed that the loony left was consistent.
          But they're always telling us how smartified they are.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's to bad that Karyn Elaine Johnson's mother, Emma, wasn't in favor of abortion.
            When I Survey....

Comment

But they're always telling us how smartified they are.
              Reminds me of the story of the priest, the genius and the boy scout on an airplane.

For those who haven't encountered it....

A private pilot is flying a plane with only three other people on it, and at 9,000 feet, the engine conks out.

To their amazement, the pilot comes back in the cabin wearing a parachute, opens the side door, and says "sorry, but there are only 2 more parachutes on board, you guys will have to decide who gets to use them" and jumps out the door.

One man jumps up and grabs a parachute, and declares, "I'm a Liberal Elite GENIUS and the world can't make it without me to solve its problems" and he jumps out the door.

The priest looks at the boy scout, and says, "son, I have lived a long life and I am ready to be with the Lord, so you take the last parachute and I'll go down with the plane"

The boy scout says, "Oh, no need for that - there are still two parachutes! The Liberal Elite GENIUS jumped with my Backpack!"

Comment

Recently Whoopsie, the primary shrew on The View (which the New York Times has proclaimed is "the most important political TV show in America")
                Sorry, at that point my eyes glazed over with so many tears of laughter, I couldn't read the rest.
                When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
                - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
                “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

Originally posted by Markus River View Post

Sorry, at that point my eyes glazed over with so many tears of laughter, I couldn't read the rest.
                  It's amazing how a couple of always angry comediennes, who haven't been funny in a very long time (and with Behar, possibly never), can effortlessly cause virtually everyone around them to turn into similar indignant pickle-pusses.

Comment

Comment

It doesn’t want to die.

Source

UPDATE: After the leaked draft of a Supreme Court decision that overturns Roe v. Wade was leaked the View Shrews were in rare form yesterday. The show started with the announcer issuing all sorts of dire warnings including "the pillars of American justice are shaking" and a clip of Congressman Jim McGovern (D-Mass.) ranting about (what else?) how the court "want[s] to turn this country into the Handmaid’s Tale," good old Whoopi, as she became increasingly unhinged, shouted:

"You are not the person to make that decision! My doctor, and myself, and my child, that's who makes the decision!"

So now not only is she a "fetus whisperer" she thinks that the unborn baby has a say in whether or not it is killed -- and obviously the baby is all for themselves being killed.

As an aside co-host Joy[less] Behar didn't want to be outdone, proclaimed that the court now has Brown v. Board of Education (the decision that banned segregation in schools) in their sites and will be trying to overturn it.

Comment

Read thread title as "whoopie goldberg's a pro abortion argument"
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          Read thread title as "whoopie goldberg's a pro abortion argument"
                          can'tdisagree.gif

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X