Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Surviving abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surviving abortion

I was reading this this morning

Source: Report: Multiple Infants Born Alive During Botched Abortions In Texas In 2019

Multiple infants were born alive after botched abortions in Texas, a new report indicates.

According to statistics from Texas Health and Human Services, abortion facilities and physicians each reported at least six infants were born alive during abortion attempts in the state in 2019 — an increase by at least two from the previous year.

In 2019, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed a bill requiring physicians present during a botched abortion must "exercise the same degree of professional skill, care, and diligence to preserve the life and health" of a baby born alive as if it were delivered under normal circumstances. Physicians are also required to facilitate the immediate transfer of the infant to a hospital. Violators of this law risk being fined at least $100,000 and being charged with a third-degree felony.

Texas State Rep. Jeff Leach, who authored the legislation, called for an investigation into the care provided to the 2019 babies born alive despite attempts to abort them, saying that the numbers in the report should "shock the collective conscience of the Lone Star State."

"I call on the Texas Attorney General and appropriate law enforcement agencies, with the full weight and force of Texas law, to investigate and unleash holy hell on those responsible for these heinous crimes," Leach wrote.

Leach also called on other legislators to "recommit ourselves to our most fundamental duty — to safeguard the fundamental liberties and freedoms of all Texans, starting with the sacred right to life."

"Without question, we must fight to ensure the 87th legislative session is meaningful and monumental for the pro-life cause in Texas," he continued.

Other complications of the induced termination of pregnancy procedures in Texas in the report included more than 100 "incomplete abortions," as well as more than 50 hemorrhages and infections in the women combined.

A large majority of the women who received the abortions were unmarried at the time, with more than 57 percent of the abortions occurring in women between 20 and 29 years old and more than 300 abortions occurring in girls ranging from 11 to 15 years old. 4,788 abortions were carried out in teens aged 16 to 19 years old.

Most of the abortions in Texas were performed in the first trimester, but just under 3000 were also executed in the second trimester.

In total, more than 56,600 babies of Texas residents were killed in 2019.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I was kind of surprised that in just Texas alone there were six babies that survived being aborted. I thought that number might be representative of the nation as a whole but can't find any numbers on it. In an article on similar legislation requiring doctors to try to preserve the life of any infant born alive that was proposed in North Carolina, but vetoed by the Democrat governor there[1], it said

North Carolina tracks infant deaths but doesn’t know how many infants died after being born alive during a failed abortion, said SarahLewis Peel, spokeswoman for the NC Department of Health and Human Services.

"In 2017, there were zero deaths with an underlying cause of death of 'Termination of Pregnancy,'" Lewis wrote in an email.

Hope you understood that.

In any case it is amazing that there needs to be a law to enforce what is obviously the right thing to do. But we do.

For instance, while he was still a state senator in the Illinois legislature, Barack Obama opposed efforts to protect babies who had survived abortion attempts voting against Born Alive acts in Illinois as well as opposing legislation that would define those babies as persons. During debate over one of the Born Alive bills Obama made it clear that he was far more concerned with things like protecting abortion itself and with protecting doctors who just shouldn't be required to preserve the lives of babies who stubbornly refused to die and were born alive as can be seen from his remarks:

As I understand it, this puts the burden on the attending physician who has determined, since they were performing this procedure, that, in fact, this is a nonviable fetus; that if that fetus, or child ... however way you want to describe it ... is now outside the mother's womb and the doctor continues to think that it's nonviable but there's, let's say, movement or some indication that, in fact, they're not just coming out limp and dead.

So if the doctor was wrong and the baby certainly was viable in that it actually survived an attempt to kill it, then the doctor shouldn't be "burden[ed]" with trying to keep the baby alive since it had the gall to "not just coming out limp and dead."

And then there is this (check from the 5 minute mark):

indicating that Planned Parenthood in St. Paul, Minnesota will "break the baby's neck" if the abortion process fails and the baby is born alive:

We don't tell women this [...] but if we was to proceed with the abortion and the baby was to come out still alive and active, most likely we would break the baby's neck

And let's not forget the fact that 41 Democrat U.S. Senators successfully filibustered the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act (which would have amended the federal criminal code, instituting penalties and jail time for health care practitioners who don't provide certain medical care "[i]n the case of an abortion or attempted abortion that results in a child born alive") and prevented it from receiving a final vote. The claim that it interfered with a "woman's right to choose" is absurd unless they mean her choice to terminate babies after they've been born.

So, it looks like there is a need for that sort of legislation in that there are a large number of ghouls who want this sort of infanticide to be permitted.

One other thing mentioned in the article about Texas that I have questions about, namely what exactly are "incomplete abortions," as in the "more than 100 'incomplete abortions'" recorded last year?

1. the argument appears to be that it would bring more bureaucracy into complicated medical situations and may discourage abortions that are medically necessary. I'd love to here exactly how not being able to kill a baby born alive after a botched abortion would "discourage abortions that are medically necessary"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Heinous indeed, and shocking that a law would be needed to protect babies born alive. And even sadder that people would argue against such a law...
      "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Why can't they just put the baby up for adoption or get help from a regnacy center instead of inhumanely slaughtering babies?
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          Why can't they just put the baby up for adoption or get help from a regnacy center instead of inhumanely slaughtering babies?
          I wonder that question too , there is a lot of women who would love to adopt a baby , I don't see why they cannot just do that

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X