Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Cecile Richards doesn't know when life begins is really relevant to the conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cecile Richards doesn't know when life begins is really relevant to the conversation

Cecile Richards is the current president of Planned Parenthood.

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/02/28/p...ot-conception/

Despite its status as the nation’s biggest abortion business, Planned Parenthood very rarely talks about abortion — and it almost never talks about the development of unborn children.

The abortion giant essentially admitted long ago that science was not on its side in the abortion debate, since basic biological facts of fetal development and the advent of 3-D and 4-D ultrasounds clearly depict a human being growing and developing in the womb before birth.

Yet, in a new interview with Fusion TV’s America with Jorge Ramos, Richards talked about the question of when life begins. Although science makes it certain that life begins at conception or fertilization, Richards attempts to explain it away by saying it’s just not relevant to abortion.

“For you, when does life start? When does a human being become a human being?” Ramos asked during the interview.

“This is a question that I think will be debated through the centuries,” she said.

“But for you, what’s that point?” Ramos continued.

“It is not something that I feel like is really part of this conversation,” she said. “I think every woman needs to make her own decision.”

“But why would it be so controversial for you to say when you think life starts?” Ramos said.

“I don’t know that it’s controversial. I don’t know that it’s really relevant to the conversation,” the head of the abortion company said, later adding “I’m the mother of three children. For me, life began when I delivered them.”

Richards goes on to say that her own children “‘probably” been “the most important thing in my life ever since.”

“But that was my own personal, that’s my own personal decision,” she said.

"I think every woman needs to make her own decision... for me, life began when I delivered them."

Translation: "'Life' is not defined by whether or not a thing exhibits certain physiological functions or possesses distinguishing biological characteristics; it is defined by your feelings. How each woman feels about the fetus inside of them determines whether or not it's a living thing!"

And this from the supposedly pro-science, "we're better than those stupid Bible-thumping, science-hating Republicans!" group.

Comment

Lies have long been one of Planned Parenthood's most valuable tools. Why be surprised.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
        “For you, when does life start? When does a human being become a human being?” Ramos asked during the interview.

“This is a question that I think will be debated through the centuries,” she said.

“It is not something that I feel like is really part of this conversation,” she said. “I think every woman needs to make her own decision.”
        So if the woman decides its only after their, let's say, their tenth birthday she should have the right to abort them up to that time?

See my post on the support for what is known as After-Birth Abortion.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Go away 06. There is no slippery slope here.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Personally, I want to see someone tell her to her face that her own mother should have aborted her. And then watch her hypocritically get offended and fly into a rage.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Some Dude View Post
              Personally, I want to see someone tell her to her face that her own mother should have aborted her. And then watch her hypocritically get offended and fly into a rage.
              She could still be aborted . . . but I am opposed to abortion - even for someone like her.

Comment

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
                Cecile Richards is the current president of Planned Parenthood.

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/02/28/p...ot-conception/

Despite its status as the nation’s biggest abortion business, Planned Parenthood very rarely talks about abortion — and it almost never talks about the development of unborn children.

The abortion giant essentially admitted long ago that science was not on its side in the abortion debate, since basic biological facts of fetal development and the advent of 3-D and 4-D ultrasounds clearly depict a human being growing and developing in the womb before birth.

Yet, in a new interview with Fusion TV’s America with Jorge Ramos, Richards talked about the question of when life begins. Although science makes it certain that life begins at conception or fertilization, Richards attempts to explain it away by saying it’s just not relevant to abortion.

“But why would it be so controversial for you to say when you think life starts?” Ramos said.

“I don’t know that it’s controversial. I don’t know that it’s really relevant to the conversation,” the head of the abortion company said, later adding “I’m the mother of three children. For me, life began when I delivered them.”

Richards goes on to say that her own children “‘probably” been “the most important thing in my life ever since.”

“But that was my own personal, that’s my own personal decision,” she said.
                They would like to keep science out of this debate. And she's right, it isn't part of this discussion. This isn't about human life, it's about the value of human life - which is not something that science can really speak to. The real question is when you believe human life has value. For this twisted lady, it's when they are delivered from the womb (which no doubt is still very subjective for her, think botched abortions).

To these people, worth is something ascribed to human beings rather than what they have inherently. Very sad, and it's the most innocent of all that pays the price.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X