Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The falling oil price consiracy theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The falling oil price consiracy theory

Only it's no longer a conspiracy. OPEC, led by Saudi Arabia (our muslim buddies according to establishment Republicans lol), admit they intentionally increased production to crush US Shale companies...

OPEC says the demand for oil – its oil – will rise during 2015 because the cartel is winning its price war against U.S. shale producers by driving them out of business.

The United States appears to have been OPEC’s chief target when, at its November meeting in Vienna, its members, under Saudi leadership, agreed to maintain production at 30 million barrels per day despite falling prices caused by an oversupply of oil.

http://time.com/3828089/us-oil-boom-end-this-year/
    As an aside of economics, just based on my love for our muslim oil buddies in the east, rumors about Saudi involvement in 911 have intensified. According to US government servants ("officials"), like Bob Graham and Walter Jones, this is confirmed in the missing 28 pages of the 911 Commission report...

One of the most prominent critics is former Florida Senator Bob Graham, a Democrat who co-chaired the joint investigation of the House and Senate intelligence committees into the Sept. 11 attacks. On Wednesday, in a press conference with two current members of Congress and representatives of families who lost loved ones in the attacks, he will once again urge the Obama administration to declassify the pages—a move the White House has previously rebuffed.

“There are a lot of rocks out there that have been purposefully tamped down, that if were they turned over, would give us a more expansive view of the Saudi role” in assisting the 9/11 hijackers, Graham said in an interview. He maintains that nothing in them qualifies as a legitimate national security secret.

http://www.newsweek.com/saudi-arabia...tan-bob-297170
    There's my tin foil hat conspiracy theory bonanza for the day Enjoy.

(Yes, I misspelled conspiracy in the title again. If mods would like to correct it I would appreciate it).

What is your definition of conspiracy?
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Conspiracy: a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

There were two conspiracy theories about the falling oil prices. One was that western forces were trying to strike where Russia's biggest exporting business was thriving. The other was that Saudis were trying to strike competing rising US oil businesses. The latter is no longer a theory or a secret.
      Last edited by seanD; 04-20-2015, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        (Yes, I misspelled conspiracy in the title again. If mods would like to correct it I would appreciate it).
        I would be happy to fix it but it would only end up worser.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Only it's no longer a conspiracy. OPEC, led by Saudi Arabia (our muslim buddies according to establishment Republicans lol), admit they intentionally increased production to crush US Shale companies...

Consider me gobsmacked at the complicated relationship you have with Saudi Arabia. It's worse than most relationships in tv dramas.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post

Consider me gobsmacked at the complicated relationship you have with Saudi Arabia. It's worse than most relationships in tv dramas.
            I think you missed the sarcasm?

Comment

I think you missed the sarcasm?
              I believe I did. The complexity of the relationship is still rather astounding.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                I believe I did. The complexity of the relationship is still rather astounding.
                I don't like Saudi Arabia if that's what you mean by "relationship." The hypocrisy of the west with its relationship to the Saudis astounds me and is a gross attestation of what greed can do and how it can shape one's ideological views. I also think it's weird how politically rabid some conservatives are towards Muslims, yet how apologetic they are towards Saudi Arabia when in fact they're probably the most insidious Muslim government in the middle east when it comes to Islamic fanaticism, funding Islamic terrorism, totalitarianism and civil rights abuses. Political cognitive dissonance is just funny to me.

Comment

I don't like Saudi Arabia if that's what you mean by "relationship."
                  Well, I was speaking of the nation as a whole, or the foreign policy to be specific.

The hypocrisy of the west with its relationship to the Saudis astounds me and is a gross attestation of what greed can do and how it can shape one's ideological views. I also think it's weird how politically rabid some conservatives are towards Muslims, yet how apologetic they are towards Saudi Arabia when in fact they're probably the most insidious Muslim government in the middle east when it comes to Islamic fanaticism, funding Islamic terrorism, totalitarianism and civil rights abuses. Political cognitive dissonance is just funny to me.

Comment

The relationship the us has with the Saudi's over oil reminds me OK the relationship between drug kingpins and the Idea. In the end when someone turns and end up biting the hand that is feeding them the result is war of the highest degree.
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

simple solution: buy up all the low priced surplus and store it. Then when the Saudi's run out of oil and go back to riding camels and herding goats, we will still have plenty of oil.

Comment

If I keep talking about how we need to become energy independent, might the Saudis keep pumping just to spite me? i'd hate to have cheap gas to feed my truck.
                        No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          simple solution: buy up all the low priced surplus and store it. Then when the Saudi's run out of oil and go back to riding camels and herding goats, we will still have plenty of oil.
                          Remember when we used to talk about our "Strategic Petroleum Reserve"?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Use the economic surplus for tax credits on solar and wind power.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              Use the economic surplus for tax credits on solar and wind power.
                              No, no more subsidies, and let's get rid of the existing ones.
                              The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X