Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I Paid Less than $2.50 a gallon for gasoline!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think all you guys paying $2.50 or less should send my a buck a gallon to make things more fair.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      I think all you guys paying $2.50 or less should send my a buck a gallon to make things more fair.
      Next time you get gas, just tell them to apply some of the tax from my purchase to your purchase. That's how this income distribution thing works.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        Send me some moose jerky.

Comment

I paid 2.30 yesterday on post where I work.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Paid $2.079 a gallon Sunday with my $0.30/gallon discount at Kroger. Took less than $25 to fill the tank (from near empty)!
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I think it is sad that we are happy about $2.50/gallon. I remember when gas was well under $1/gallon

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I think it is sad that we are happy about $2.50/gallon. I remember when gas was well under $1/gallon
                When the Mrs. and I were in our first humble home, we had a gas station right beside the house and it was 99 cent for all 3 (Regular, Mid, and Supreme) and diesel was $1.29
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Paid $2.479 today

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I paid $2.14/gal today.

Comment

Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
                      I paid $2.14/gal today.
                      Yep! Me too!
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

$1.91 this morning.... first time in AGES I paid less than $2.00 / gal (without a discount like Kroger Fuel Points or something)
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yesterday, paid $1.84 with the 10 cent discount at Krogers. Filled my wife's car for under $25. I almost fainted! Still, I worry what this will do to the economy. While it eases pressure on many of us, it's long term effects could be detrimental...

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                            Yesterday, paid $1.84 with the 10 cent discount at Krogers. Filled my wife's car for under $25. I almost fainted! Still, I worry what this will do to the economy. While it eases pressure on many of us, it's long term effects could be detrimental...
                            Yeah cheaper transportation costs meaning cheaper groceries and goods. Oh the horror of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                              Yeah, already some of the drilling projects around here have been cancelled, and you can see the "iron" returning to the storage yards. Several people I know have already been advised there will be hours cut, and, eventually, head count reduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Yeah cheaper transportation costs meaning cheaper groceries and goods. Oh the horror of it.
                                Add this to CP's post and you understand where I'm coming from...there's actually a sweet spot that keeps the economy humming along with out damaging the future.

Texas' economy still has a lot of Oil and Gas components in it. As does several other states...(the Dakota's anyone?) So, low oil prices will have the greatest repercussions on those states. A lot of oil and gas that was profitable at $100/barrel isn't at below $70. The figures I've seen are that fracking wells usually aren't profitable below $70. So, what happens is exploration slows WAY down. So gas gets cheap, but LONG term, gas goes way up when the wells we have in place start running low because instead of moving exploration and drilling equipment from one place to another, it's all been sold and now you have startup costs to get exploration back on track...

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X