Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Bitcoin versus other monies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Don't worry, I will never forget you little folk!
    My coinbase wallet is doing quite well.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

My coinbase wallet is doing quite well.
      Oh no, it dropped to $87!! I am doomed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
        I'm familiar with the bitcoin. It was invented specifically for the buy and sell of illegal substances, parahpanelia and black market items. Its used primarily on the dark internet. Purchasers invest in hidden accounts using their currency, and then proceed to purchase in the bitcoin. After the subsequent arrest of the kid who ran the silk road (and the bitcoin's primary marketer) the internet currency crashed and became virtually worthless because 75 percent of its market was worthless. Because of why it was invented, it needs a second look as for the reason one would invest in it. Think about it. It was invented for the buy sell and trade of inherently illegal and evil items. My assesment is No.
        Whatever the intentions or uses at it's origin, Bitcoin is NOT the go-to currency for illegal transactions now. The problem for such uses lies in the fact that all the transactions are recorded on a publicly viewable blockchain -- and are thus traceable. The FBI, in particular, has gotten very good at this. Bitcoin is so unsuited for illegal or anonymous transactions that entirely new cryptocurrencies have been invented to server that purpose. Monero comes to mind.
        "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• In other Bitcoin news, El Salvador has made it legal tender. And their president just announced the development of a city where the economy is based on Bitcoin, including touches like no income tax and no capital gains tax.

https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2021...-have-bitcoin/

The above is an interesting article talking about El Salvador's fight with the IMF over Bitcoin.
          "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• I have about $1250 invested, and so far I'm at $1640 with bitcoin, etherium and crypto.com.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment