Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Bit Coin Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I am sure it will still bounce around some as some people will instantly sell once the stock gets back up to what they paid for it, as they try to get out of what they suddenly realize is a scary risky thing.

right now I am down about $200 from what I have put into cryptocurrency over time. I bought some bitcoin and etherium back when it was cheaper even than the recent drop, but I also bought some a couple of weeks ago when it was near its peak. That averaged out to a $200 loss, which seems to be recovering.

I am mostly just playing with it. Maybe I will get lucky and make a killing, or maybe I will lose it all. I am treating it like gambling basically. I have some money in what basically amounts to "penny stock" coins, coins that only cost a few cents each. I bought a few hundred Ankr at 12 cents. If it goes up I could easily double or triple my money. If not, I am only out $50.
    Sell-offs after fluctuations like that are common in virtually every market that experience them, but given its nature, it being even more so with cryptocurrencies seems logical.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Sell-offs after fluctuations like that are common in virtually every market that experience them, but given its nature, it being even more so with cryptocurrencies seems logical.
      I think I found my new investment! Forget Bitcoin, give me some Bacoin!

Capitalizing on the popularity of cryptocurrencies in 2018, American meat company Oscar Mayer announced today the launch of "Bacoin" (BACN), a cryptocurrency literally backed by bacon.
      By visiting OscarMayerBacoin.com, users can register to receive some of a limited number of Bacoins, which can be redeemed for actual bacon.
      https://www.forbes.com/sites/jesseda...h=539e1d195f91

Comment

I think I found my new investment! Forget Bitcoin, give me some Bacoin!

Capitalizing on the popularity of cryptocurrencies in 2018, American meat company Oscar Mayer announced today the launch of "Bacoin" (BACN), a cryptocurrency literally backed by bacon.
        By visiting OscarMayerBacoin.com, users can register to receive some of a limited number of Bacoins, which can be redeemed for actual bacon.
        https://www.forbes.com/sites/jesseda...h=539e1d195f91

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

well apparently Bacoin crashed after they realized that you and I own all of the bacon in the universe already.

Comment

well apparently Bacoin crashed after they realized that you and I own all of the bacon in the universe already.
            But they keep making more

And... smiley whisper-secret.gifThere's always OBP

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              But they keep making more

And... smiley whisper-secret.gifThere's always OBP

But the more they make the more we eat. I think we bankrupted the Bacoin.

Comment

But the more they make the more we eat. I think we bankrupted the Bacoin.
                Well that's two on my scorecard this month

First causing the rush on gas and now bacoin.

Momma woulda been so proud like.

Maybe even pulled her punches, so to speak, when she swung her mop at me.

Comment

511787d0b057013964fc005056a9545d.jpg

Comment

OK, so I'm finally above water with my Bitcoin investment --- any insight?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I kept buying while the prices were low and now am doing pretty good and made up for what I lost when I bought high just before the crash

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X