Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Fill it up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fill it up

With gas prices already skyrocketing (the station by the university is $2.90 up from $2.20 since November) it looks like a major gas pipeline has been shutdown due to a cyber attack that runs from the Gulf up to New Jersey or thereabouts. This is leading economists to warn about an even sharper spike in gas coming in the next 24-48 hours.

Fill em up while you can still afford to.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Our local Valero station went from 2.38 yesterday to 2.59 this morning. I filled up last night.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Our local Valero station went from 2.38 yesterday to 2.59 this morning. I filled up last night.
      One of the two places I like to get it from is now $2.65. Two days ago it was $2.57.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        One of the two places I like to get it from is now $2.65. Two days ago it was $2.57.
        We had a brand new Shell station built, and just opened about 6 months ago.
        Then the old worn down Valero was torn down, and totally rebuilt.

For a few weeks after the Valero opened, there was a bit of a price war between these two new stations, just half a mile from each other on the main drag.
        Price went down to the 2.25 level.

Now, back up to the 2.60-ish level.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We are paying 1.26/litre. Multiply that by 4.4 and then compare it to yours.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            If old Joe and Buttigieg have their way we'll likely be soon joining you.

Comment

Can't you just talk English!

Comment

Up to yesterday the absolute cheapest in southern New Jersey was $2.68, with most of the other cheap stations were $2.90. Then there are those repair shops that want the status of a brand name but don't want to be bothered selling gasoline, who charge about $3.20 per gallon. Maybe I should go to Texas to fill up.
                When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  If old Joe and Buttigieg have their way we'll likely be soon joining you.
                  You need to throw Trudeau into that mix, as well.

It's a 2-edged sword here in this province. It means that the petroleum industry is starting to recover, which is good, but it certainly means rising costs of practically everything, as well.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

It's a 2-edged sword here in this province. It means that the petroleum industry is starting to recover, which is good, but it certainly means rising costs of practically everything, as well.
                    Yeah, fortunately, Houston area is not so dependent upon oil booms and busts as it used to be, but we still look at the price of oil, realizing it really messes with actual human lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Can't you just talk English!

4.4 litres = 5.54/Imperial gallon.

4 litres = 5.04/American gallon.

All you need is a calculator (in my case), or a brain (which I'm pretty sure you have).

Comment

4.4 litres = 5.54/Imperial gallon.

4 litres = 5.04/American gallon.

All you need is a calculator (in my case), or a brain (which I'm pretty sure you have).
                        I'll just trust you that it's expensive.

Comment

A lesson from the 70s that hopefully we still remember. When you raise fuel prices you end up raising the cost of nearly everything else as well.

Comment

Gas is $3.10 here as of yesterday. Thanks Biden!

No telling what this ransomware attack will end up costing us.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Gas is $3.10 here as of yesterday. Thanks Biden!

No telling what this ransomware attack will end up costing us.
                              It's quite possible that gasoline will go DOWN in our area, as supply increases locally because it can't be pumped to the NE fast enough.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X