Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Growing Number of Police Chiefs, Sheriffs Join Call to Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing Number of Police Chiefs, Sheriffs Join Call to Arms

Growing number of police chiefs, sheriffs join call to arms

It's Florida Sheriff Grady Judd's duty to protect the citizens of Polk County -- but he figures it's their job, too.

One of a growing number of rural and big-city law enforcement officials who openly encourages responsible gun ownership, Judd believes guns allow citizens to defend themselves when police cannot.

“If you are foolish enough to break into someone’s home, you can expect to be shot in Polk County,” Judd said in a statement after a homeowner shot a would-be home invader earlier this month. “It’s more important to have a gun in your hand than a cop on the phone."

Such full-throated embrace of the Second Amendment as a crime-fighting tool isn't confined to red states like Florida.

“I want as many law-abiding citizens to arm themselves in this county as we can get."

- Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 01-16-2016, 09:59 PM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Um... your link is for starting a new thread

I did see this story on Drudge a day or so ago and it's still there: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/15...l-to-arms.html

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Um... your link is for starting a new thread

I did see this story on Drudge a day or so ago and it's still there: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/15...l-to-arms.html
      Interesting - I didn't get the article from Fox News, but, yeah, it's there, as well.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I have a sister who lives up in Oklahoma. A couple of weeks ago, she called me asking about the handgun carry license here in Texas. She was considering getting hers. I let her know that Oklahoma was different than Texas but gave her all the info I could. She went through the class and began the registration process to obtain her license. In OK, they go to the County Sheriffs office to be fingerprinted and complete the paperwork. Apparently, in OK, you can get a 5 year license or pay extra and get a 10 year license. When she told them she wanted to pay extra and get the 10 license, they told her that the County Sheriff was so in favor of people getting their carry license that he was waiving all the fee's for everyone who came in! So she was like....
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
          I have a sister who lives up in Oklahoma. A couple of weeks ago, she called me asking about the handgun carry license here in Texas. She was considering getting hers. I let her know that Oklahoma was different than Texas but gave her all the info I could. She went through the class and began the registration process to obtain her license. In OK, they go to the County Sheriffs office to be fingerprinted and complete the paperwork. Apparently, in OK, you can get a 5 year license or pay extra and get a 10 year license. When she told them she wanted to pay extra and get the 10 license, they told her that the County Sheriff was so in favor of people getting their carry license that he was waiving all the fee's for everyone who came in! So she was like....
          Interesting.

Comment

I wonder if this is a response (though clearly indirect) to Obama's threatening executive actions on gun control. Seems pretty obvious it is.

Comment