Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mom gets so upset by risque shirts that she buys store's entire stock of them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom gets so upset by risque shirts that she buys store's entire stock of them

...but she plans to return them just before the 60 day period ends.

This is certainly an interesting way to protest something.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/02/18...-indecent.html
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

So, she's giving the store an interest-free loan for 50 days?

THEN the store can resell these things?

Just saw this story on our local news, and not sure what's to be gained.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Just saw this story on our local news, and not sure what's to be gained.
      I think she wanted attention, and she got it.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        I think she wanted attention, and she got it.
        And, apparently, she's "buying time" while consulting with the city attorney.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Is it a cash back policy or can they give her a store credit?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Is it a cash back policy or can they give her a store credit?
            I was wondering the same thing!

Comment

From their website....

We offer a "Satisfaction Guarantee" policy on all purchases. Just ship your purchase back in the condition you received it, in the original bag/box and with the tags on it anytime within 60 days from the purchase.
              You have 60 days to return any items that were purchased with the original receipt, excluding Pierced Body Jewelry and Final Sale Items.
              All items returned within 60 days with the original receipt will be refunded based on the original form of payment. Any items returned after 60 days or more after purchase date will be credited for the price paid either in the form of a merchandise credit or merchandise exchange.

Comment

Does she realize she just created so much more demand for those shirts?

Comment

kinda like banning a book, eh?

Comment

If that's risque, I hope she doesn't find out about the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      ...but she plans to return them just before the 60 day period ends.

This is certainly an interesting way to protest something.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/02/18...-indecent.html
                      She's certainly received some awareness of the issue. Not sure what (if anything else) she's accomplished, but that may be what she's aiming for.

Comment

Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
                        If that's risque, I hope she doesn't find out about the Internet.
                        No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Originally posted by Outis View Post
                          She's certainly received some awareness of the issue. Not sure what (if anything else) she's accomplished, but that may be what she's aiming for.
                          A craving for attention?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            A craving for attention?
                            Depends on whether or not this is all about her, or all about the perceived problems. I have met a few people who pulled stunts along these lines to highlight an actual or perceived problem. Unfortunately, as I assume you have, I've also seen a lot of people who pulled the same kind of stunts in a bid for attention.

How does one tell, from the outside, what the actual motivation is?

Comment