Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Deceptive Soliciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deceptive Soliciation

As if the sales calls were not bothersome enough, I've been getting a NEW round (new to me) of phone solicitation that is outright deceptive from "hello"!

The phone rings, I answer, and the voice (either live or recorded) says "Thank you for calling...."

I DIDN'T CALL!!!!! If it's a recorded message, there's an option to "press 4" (or whatever number) to speak to an operator, so I usually do that, and just say firmly and immediately "REMOVE ME FROM YOUR LIST".

Then there's the email that starts off "Thank you for subscribing - to confirm you want to join, please click ---- " I just click delete.

WHY on earth would ANYBODY buy ANYTHING from an outfit who LIES to you on their very first contact!

But, then again, there's a sucker born every minute.....
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 02-18-2014, 12:46 PM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I guess you felt the need to make rogue fix another thread title didn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      I guess you felt the need to make rogue fix another thread title didn't you?
      Laughing hard... I just can't win!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The resident spelling/grammar Nazi is on a roll. We'll know that he's gone around the bend the moment he starts mixing up "your" with "you're" (he even used to correct Miss Crabapple our 3rd grade teacher on that one).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thank you for subscribing to this thread. Press CTRL-F4 to continue and speak with one of our moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The resident spelling/grammar Nazi is on a roll. We'll know that he's gone around the bend the moment he starts mixing up "your" with "you're" (he even used to correct Miss Crabapple our 3rd grade teacher on that one).
            Your such a boob.

Comment

I once complained I had no shoes, then I met a man who couldn't spell.

Comment

I regret starting this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue-y
                  For you.....
                  Attached Files

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    I once complained I had no shoes, then I met a man who couldn't spell.
                    I once complained I had no shoes, then I met a man who couldn't smell. He was lucky not to be able to because I had no shoes.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      I once complained I had no shoes, then I met a man who couldn't smell. He was lucky not to be able to because I had no shoes.
                      well actually I was the one who stole your shoes. I use them as WMDs to make other ships surrender their cargo to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Your such a boob.
                        You only say that because you mean it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
                          I regret starting this thread.
                          I can spell. I just can't type!

Comment

customer service ......... notice regarding your account ......... 2014 02 18 .......... mail.comcast.jet

I check message source and see from the text that there is no connection to my financial accounts. Just a business wanting to make money off my trying to start a business.
                            The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Yeah!

Comment