Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass murderer Breivik threatens to go on hunger strike ... for better video games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    That makes you/we (whatever group this 'we' is) no more entitled then them, because that would be engaging in a two wrongs makes a right fallacy.
    There's nothing inherently wrong in discussing why people kill though.

Because blaming his deeds on society is highly ironic to hear, coming out of the mouth of two self-professed Christian conservatives, seeing what your views about human decision making and responsibility ought to be.
    I never blamed his deeds on society. I'm simply pointing out that "society" (or certain liberals, to be more specific) did, in fact, do serious harm to Breivik and others. Breivik didn't simply wake up one day and decide to kill a bunch of kids. As for executing him, I advocated that from day one. I just think he should share the gallows with the people who flew in foreign mercenaries to make his life a living hell. That would include a lot of the parents of the kids he killed.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
      Hmm I can't find where I read that, wikipedia says paranoid schizophrenic.
      That was the original diagnosis, along with the conclusion that he was insane during the shootings and the psychiatric evaluation. The original diagnosis was challenged ... I believe a second evaluation was ordered and a different diagnosis given (along with the conclusion that he was suffering from mental illness, but still competent)< but I'm not 100% certain of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        There's nothing inherently wrong in discussing why people kill though.

I never blamed his deeds on society. I'm simply pointing out that "society" (or certain liberals, to be more specific) did, in fact, do serious harm to Breivik and others. Breivik didn't simply wake up one day and decide to kill a bunch of kids. As for executing him, I advocated that from day one. I just think he should share the gallows with the people who flew in foreign mercenaries to make his life a living hell. That would include a lot of the parents of the kids he killed.
        We do this frequently in discussing American killers… we can condemn their deeds and still try to find out triggers. Heck that is done all the time with minority criminals, I don't see why it should not be done here. However, I think he would have found other triggers… mental illness will come out. He wasn't a sane man, to say that absent these triggers he would have been law-abiding is a stretch.
        The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          I don't have to explain to you, as you really aren't that stupid, that Anders Breivik is a murderer today and would have been a murderer then.
          I very much doubt that. His particular motivation and opportunity for murdering leftist princes was an interesting consequence of being a candidate for one himself, but having his father abandon his mother during his formative years, actually living on the streets with the Pakistani gangsters rather than in the nice rich white neighborhoods, and having leftist terrorist heroes like Nelson Mandela and Osama bin Laden as inspiration, to say nothing of Max Manus.

Why are you hesitant about the death penalty? Its not immoral by any stretch of the imagination, in some sense its far less cruel than life in prison (which is what Breivik effectively has), and its the proper penalty fitting the crime of what he did.
          Were I ruler of Norway, Brevik would of course get the death penalty for daring to murder openly in my country. Were I ruler of Norway, I would also have deported all Pakistanis and hung the leftist functionaries and commissioners who imported them from public lampposts. But I'm not ruler of Norway, am I?

Are you afraid they'll chop your head off Epo? That axe was used only for murderers.
          Denmark has shown quite a bit more sense about immigration than Norway has, and so they don't seem to have had a lot of Brevik-equivalents there. It's certainly not because they've been willing to use the axe.

The tears you're crying for the life he might have had, and blaming society for him being a murderer is ridiculous to watch.
          I fully admit that they're crocodile tears, and I'm doing it precisely because leftists do indeed cry those same crocodile tears (and often, real ones) whenever a gangster of their preferred race is ventilated by police or, worst of all, average citizens protecting themselves. Recognizing that Brevik is, in fact, a gangster who did the world's biggest drive-by, and not a mysterious unknown individual with mysterious unknown motivations, is the first step toward a sane appraisal of what to do with him.

What he did, he did with the full rational consent of his will. No one forced his hands, held the gun for him, or forced his heart. It was a personal free will decision, of which he's solely responsible. There is no possible plea of either insanity or stupidity, he did everything competently and he shows no sign of being a psychopath. And he murdered people with an unalienable, God-given, right to life. Furthermore he acted against every single moral edict to not go against the authority.
          His "moral edicts" all came from his leftist/gang indoctrination when growing up, dude:

Originally posted by Anders Behring Brevik
          Since I was 12 years old I was into the hip-hop movement. For several years I was one of the most notable "hip-hop‘ers" from Oslo‘s West side. It was a lot easier to "gain respect and credibility" in Oslo West because of the demographic factors. Oslo West was the "privileged and predominantly native side" of Oslo with very few immigrants in contrast to the East side which was less peaceful. Graffiti and break dance was an important part of our life at that point. Around 1993 and 1994, at 15, I was the most active tagger (graffiti artist) in Oslo as several people in the old school hip-hop community can attest to.

Our standard "graffiti raid" consisted of going out at night, in groups of 2-3, with our backpacks full of spray cans. We took our bikes and "bombed" city blocks with our tags, "pieces" and crew name all over Oslo. "Morg, Wick and Spok" was everywhere. The fact that hundreds of kids our own age all over Oslo West and even Oslo East looked up to us was one of the driving forces I guess. At that time it felt very rewarding to us. If you wanted girls and respect then it was all about the hip hop community at that time. The more reckless you were the more respect and admiration you gained.

Everyone didn't approve though. The government had a no-tolerance attitude towards graffiti and removed 90% of our "creations" within 48 hours. I remember it was an unofficial war between the hip-hop community and the government and Oslo Sporveier, our public subway company. Two guys I knew, Stian and Charles, a few years older than me were arrested, received gigantic fines and was put in jail.

The hip-hop movement In Norway had its climax around that time, in 92-93. The community was very "politically correct" in nature with close ties to the extreme left groups like SOS Rasisme (an extreme left wing movement) and Blitz (a violent left wing extremist movement). I remember we used to hang out with various people and groups all over Oslo. There were plenty of hip-hop concerts at Blitz and it was at this time that the communist hip-hop group; "Gatas Parlament" was created. It‘s hard to imagine but during this time everyone was into graffiti and hip-hop.
          It seems that ABB was basically keepin' it real his whole life. THUG LYFE, WIGGAS!

I don't have to show you the biblical mandates for these things, you already know them.
          Norway is not ruled by Biblical mandates, by any means. It's ruled by people who consider themselves holier and more enlightened than Jesus. Such a place is hell for the honest and hardworking, so it's not like I can argue Biblical policies there. So, all I can recommend is a continuation of their previous policies toward the convicted.

Comment