Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass murderer Breivik threatens to go on hunger strike ... for better video games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outis View Post
    I know almost nothing of Norwegian law, but I'm given to understand (perhaps incorrectly) that in other countries that use a similar "until he is no danger to the public" guideline (specifically England), there is a fairly elaborate procedure for deciding whether or not the person actually is a danger, including the chance for the person to appear before a judge and argue their case, legal representation, medical and psychological evaluations, and the like. I'm also given to understand that in such cases, the burden of proof is on the government to establish that the person is a continuing danger, not upon the person to establish that they are safe. If Norway has similar procedures, then while I acknowledge that the potential of danger you cite is very real, there is some hope that it is mitigated by the procedures.
    And what if an evil fascist dictatorship is elected later, as Brevik certainly seems to be hoping?

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
      If Norwegians were still Vikings, Brevik would have never done his deed in the first place, after all.
      This is what we used to do people like him in Denmark. I hope you haven't gone soft on him Epo.

Comment

Ok, I got a plan. Give him one of the original game boys where the contrast control is broke.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Outis View Post
          http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...1-f7a1e6925bb0

I think someone needs to call the poor boy a waaaaaambulance.
          It appears that wanting his PlayStation 2 console replaced by a later version along "with access to more adult games that I get to choose myself" is only one of the things that he is demanding. He also demands
          • A sofa or armchair

• A bigger gym

• Prison officials to stop monitoring his mail

• More access to a telephone

• Improved air conditioning

• His weekly allowance of 300 kroner ($49) to be doubled

• Access to a PC rather than a “worthless typewriter, technology that dates back to 1873”

Breivik has previously claimed that his living conditions amount to "aggravated torture" and now whines, “You've put me in hell ... and I won’t manage to survive that long,” he added. “You are killing me.” He also warned that, “If I die, all of Europe’s right-wing extremists will know exactly who it was that tortured me to death .... That could have consequences for certain individuals in the short term but also when Norway is once again ruled by a fascist regime in 13 to 40 years from now."

No word on whether or not he'll drop his demands in exchange for a hug

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As I said, the poor baby needs a whaaaaaaambulance.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              This is what we used to do people like him in Denmark. I hope you haven't gone soft on him Epo.

"Used to do" being the key words. It takes a special kind of chutzpah to summon the ghosts of the past, whom you've been disparaging all your life, to stand witness against the one who fights in their name. Are you sure that's a good idea? Might they not turn and tear you in pieces with their ecto-axes or whatever when you try to tell them what to do?

Why should I go any harder on him than Norway does? He slaughtered a whole bunch of the liberal Norwegian ruling party's teenagers at their official youth indoctrination camp, because he was disgusted by what the that party had done to his country and desired to punish them in the worst way possible. He whines no more and no less than anyone else in a Norwegian prison, or indeed, most other Western prisons, because that's how the game is played. If Norway had a collective disgust reflex against criminals and murderers, instead of a commitment to process and being on the forefront of the liberal self-flagellation community, Brevik would have never done his deed, and would likely be currently serving as a police commissioner or firearms instructor as his temperament led. But he had to have a liberal party upbringing, didn't he:

Originally posted by Mencius Moldbug
              He's whining because, having grown up on heroic Nelson Mandela, he thinks he can free himself and his nation by a combination of (a) whining and (b) mass murder.
              And his type is indisputably human and could be a stand-in in about every rap album ever made:

But there is a difference between right and left - and it's just not that the left is in and the right is out. The right stands for order and the left for chaos. Violence is essential to both - but certainly not the same kind of violence.

The left (hilariously still named the "Norwegian Workers' Party" - they should really update their name to match their clients) brought "A-Gjengen" and "B-Gjengen" to Oslo. And the right? There is no Norwegian right. Just Norwegian gangsters, a C-gang if you will. An ABB knows Oslo needs order, but all he can think to do about it is a spectacular gang massacre - basically a giant drive-by. In his heart he's still a tagger.
              Why comment on a tragedy large enough to eclipse the whole nation?

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                "Used to do" being the key words. It takes a special kind of chutzpah to summon the ghosts of the past, whom you've been disparaging all your life, to stand witness against the one who fights in their name. Are you sure that's a good idea?
                I don't have to explain to you, as you really aren't that stupid, that Anders Breivik is a murderer today and would have been a murderer then.

Why are you hesitant about the death penalty? Its not immoral by any stretch of the imagination, in some sense its far less cruel than life in prison (which is what Breivik effectively has), and its the proper penalty fitting the crime of what he did.

Might they not turn and tear you in pieces with their ecto-axes or whatever when you try to tell them what to do?
                Are you afraid they'll chop your head off Epo? That axe was used only for murderers.

If Norway had a collective disgust reflex against criminals and murderers, instead of a commitment to process and being on the forefront of the liberal self-flagellation community, Brevik would have never done his deed, and would likely be currently serving as a police commissioner or firearms instructor as his temperament led.
                The tears you're crying for the life he might have had, and blaming society for him being a murderer is ridiculous to watch. What he did, he did with the full rational consent of his will. No one forced his hands, held the gun for him, or forced his heart. It was a personal free will decision, of which he's solely responsible. There is no possible plea of either insanity or stupidity, he did everything competently and he shows no sign of being a psychopath. And he murdered people with an unalienable, God-given, right to life. Furthermore he acted against every single moral edict to not go against the authority.

I don't have to show you the biblical mandates for these things, you already know them.
                Last edited by Leonhard; 02-23-2014, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I don't have to explain to you, as you really aren't that stupid, that Anders Breivik is a murderer today and would have been a murderer then.
                  He wouldn't have been a murderer then, because he wouldn't have had any reason to murder anyone back then. It's not like the vikings brought in Muslim thugs from the other side of the world and provided them with legal protection to beat and harass people.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Sociopaths will always have a reason to murder. The clever ones find ways to do it legally.
                    The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      He wouldn't have been a murderer then, because he wouldn't have had any reason to murder anyone back then. It's not like the vikings brought in Muslim thugs from the other side of the world and provided them with legal protection to beat and harass people.
                      Come on Darth Ex, Epo is flame fishing by trying to play devils advocate for Breivik. I won't discuss his personal or political views as that would give air time and legitimacy to a murderer. He doesn't deserve the honour or the credit, preferable his life would have been terminated and his deeds made silent. Trying to paint it as a brave protest, or a tragic hero really isn't proportional to what he did. Whatever his motives he's a murderer, he gets a murderers punishment, that's just and fair. Except I think it would have been fairer if he had been permanently silenced.

I don't care if he's an ultra-right winger killing people over right-wing issues, or if he had been an Earth First, communist radical, a Christian abortion doctor killer. No motive can justify his actions, neither in this life, and especially not afterwards.

The only time I've learned about his political views has actually been in this thread, from you and Epo, who seem to be idolising his actions.

Originally posted by DeeDeeWarren
                      Sociopaths will always have a reason to murder. The clever ones find ways to do it legally.
                      Hmmm, I don't think he's a sociopath Deedee.

If he was a sociopath (and say a delusional pathological narcissist with deep aggression like Ed Harris from Columbine) he wouldn't be as evil as he is. He would be less culpable for his crimes. It would mean that he's inherently less capable of respecting other people as individuals like himself, or to appreciate God's image in them, understanding the world around him and controlling his actions. That would make him, perhaps still fairly evil, but more simple just dangerous. However all evaluations of Breivik tells us that he's completely neurotypical, he just wanted to murder hundreds of youths for various reasons he enjoys telling; it was planned over years using his free time and then executed under his own decision. That takes a greater kind of evil, than what a sociopath might do in the course of the events of his life.

Now he's spending his time in prison making idle death threats unless he gets his will, using it as a political platform, when he should have been in his grave several years ago.

Comment

Come on Darth Ex, Epo is flame fishing by trying to play devils advocate for Breivik.
                        If liberals can do it routinely for every murderer whose skin pigmentation is a shade darker than white and/or his politics a touch to the left of Stalin then why can't we do that for everyone else?

Anyway, if you don't want to discuss his "personal views" (his personal experiences of being routinely assaulted by racist Cultural Enrichment Squads seem to be more relevant here) then why post here at all?
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Hmmm, I don't think he's a sociopath Deedee.

If he was a sociopath (and say a delusional pathological narcissist with deep aggression like Ed Harris from Columbine) he wouldn't be as evil as he is. He would be less culpable for his crimes. It would mean that he's inherently less capable of respecting other people as individuals like himself, or to appreciate God's image in them, understanding the world around him and controlling his actions. That would make him, perhaps still fairly evil, but more simple just dangerous. However all evaluations of Breivik tells us that he's completely neurotypical, he just wanted to murder hundreds of youths for various reasons he enjoys telling; it was planned over years using his free time and then executed under his own decision. That takes a greater kind of evil, than what a sociopath might do in the course of the events of his life.

Now he's spending his time in prison making idle death threats unless he gets his will, using it as a political platform, when he should have been in his grave several years ago.
                          I believe he was diagnosed as one, and (little known factoid), my hobby is reading about sociopaths. I haven't read much on him, but from my hobby in general, he seems to fit the bill. Sociopaths often take up political causes that will give them an excuse for violence. Your second to last statement leads me to believe you haven't read about many sociopaths.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
                            I believe he was diagnosed as one
                            Everything I've read says the opposite: that he wasn't diagnosed as one. Do you have a source?

Comment

Hmm I can't find where I read that, wikipedia says paranoid schizophrenic.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                                If liberals can do it routinely for every murderer whose skin pigmentation is a shade darker than white and/or his politics a touch to the left of Stalin then why can't we do that for everyone else?
                                That makes you/we (whatever group this 'we' is) no more entitled then them, because that would be engaging in a two wrongs makes a right fallacy.

Anyway, if you don't want to discuss his "personal views" (his personal experiences of being routinely assaulted by racist Cultural Enrichment Squads seem to be more relevant here) then why post here at all?
                                Because blaming his deeds on society is highly ironic to hear, coming out of the mouth of two self-professed Christian conservatives, seeing what your views about human decision making and responsibility ought to be. Secondly, that an ear is given to his political worldview at all, which is irrelevant, he's a murderer. Finally the opening post was about whether he's being mistreated: I agree, he's alive, he shouldn't be.

Comment