Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why the Right is Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    It should have been called ‘Why the Right is full of horsie poo’ to coin a CPism.
    Detail?

Libtard pandering hasn't seemed to have worked very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
      Excellent short video from the Fox commentator Greg Gutfield that justifies conservatives as bearing the burden of society and government so that liberals can be liberals. Quite alluring to be frank, but the truth is much more complex. He assumes that liberals need help because of their bad choices of which they are guilty for having taken the liberal path. In reality the "enemy", the "liberals" may indeed need help compulsorily taken from conservatives because they (the liberals, or at least those who benefit from liberalism even if conservative hate-mongering and fear-mongering fools them into voting conservative against their best interests) are involuntarily in need:
      1. Age: Seniors (over 65 can't get jobs even if they are willing and able like me) and juniors (under 18 or under maybe 25 if they are qualified for college in fields that won't pay well but are needed by society.
      2. Disabled by birth, upbringing, accident, illness, war, what have you
      3. Unable to get work because of low IQ, inadequate education or education not available, stuck in areas out-of-fortune (like Rust Belt) but unable to move for family, financial, or disability reasons
      4. Personality problems that aren't their fault, like honesty anathema to dishonest bosses, fearfulness that is compounded by harsh bosses, exuberance that is crushed by staid bosses
      5. Compliance with programming, when the programming turns out to be wrong or out-of-date. Before entering or during progress of a career it turns out the school counselors, parents, pastors, whatever were wrong from being out-of-date or in their ivory tower dream worlds.
      That already covers enough that could happen to ANYONE with a little bad luck or wrong decisions that could not be foreseen as damning one to failure.

But to get to a bigger point. This Prager University from Dennis Prager is the same or worse garbage that I faithfully listened to back about 2000 before I finally realized his head was up his..... I tested out the next interesting five-minute video in the series,
      "Who Are the Racists: Conservatives or Liberals?" It was of course a Black (not fully Black-skinned, of course) who facilely and I suppose convincingly to many, spouted complete lies interspersed with half-truths and unfairness. Absolutely nothing was any good.
      Pretty much well said...

I take it you're addressing (mostly) American poor, not the undeveloped world poor (who make American poor look like Trump -- hyperbole on my part of course).

Pope Frank made a way too broad a statement about the poor.

In fact most his pronouncements are on the level of "grandmothers are nice."
      Last edited by klaus54; 10-04-2015, 12:42 PM. Reason: missing word

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Despite ex-spurts claims, I dot not accept that we can impact the human influence on climate change significantly. We could possibly achieve some reversal if we could dramatically change our Carbon footprint, but the necessary change is beyond reasonable expectations.
        We could have had we started sooner, rather than having to battle with ignorant conservative denialists. "Look, I have a snowball, proof theres no climate change!" But acheiving some reversal is better than the status quo of ever increasing and disastrous environmental tragedies which will end up costing us a lot more to deal with. Besides that, ignoring the experts claims, is what got us here in the first place, perhaps we should start taking them seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          ex-spurts
          I see that you are going with the definition of expert as being:
          ex=has been
          spurt= drip under pressure

(taken from Simon Travalgia's BOFH series ... essential reading for any IT professional)
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment