Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

There are lots of fake news sites popping up with one goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are lots of fake news sites popping up with one goal

Fake news sites are springing up all over with (apparently) one goal, to discredit conservatives in general and conservative christians in particular:

Source: LincolnReport.com

AmericanNews.com is one of the many new satire or FAKE news sites currently on the internet. Their mission is to make the Tea Party and conservatives look bad by sharing their fake news stories. In essence, this site is like the Onion, just not funny.

© Copyright Original Source

SOURCE

This is actually an older article written around a year ago...but I didn't realize just how widespread it is becoming. I recently got bit on this myself recently. I posted an article with only a cursory check as to it's validity...only to have it pointed out to me by Sam that it was fake. The sites was nbc.com.co, and it's a fake news site as well. It's not mentioned in this article. So, be careful out there...they're getting trickier with their website url's to make you think it's a legit site...
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

You mean like CNN and MSNBC?
    When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
      Fake news sites are springing up all over with (apparently) one goal, to discredit conservatives in general and conservative christians in particular:

AmericanNews.com is one of the many new satire or FAKE news sites currently on the internet. Their mission is to make the Tea Party and conservatives look bad by sharing their fake news stories. In essence, this site is like the Onion, just not funny.

SOURCE

This is actually an older article written around a year ago...but I didn't realize just how widespread it is becoming. I recently got bit on this myself recently. I posted an article with only a cursory check as to it's validity...only to have it pointed out to me by Sam that it was fake. The sites was nbc.com.co, and it's a fake news site as well. It's not mentioned in this article. So, be careful out there...they're getting trickier with their website url's to make you think it's a legit site...
      You mean... liberals would DECEIVE?!?!?!?!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post

SOURCE

So THAT explains MSNBC

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          You mean... liberals would DECEIVE?!?!?!?!
          Well, the whole email chain racket was saturated already...
          "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

What this and sites like it do is take video clips or facts from a real story and make up the rest. This does 2 things:

Gets people angry because they believe the story
            Aids in discrediting alternative media
            I'm not sure how this is necessarily a partisan agenda. Generally speaking, most alternative news sources typically denounce partisan allegiance, at least the ones I've seen. In fact, most of the alternative news sites I've seen tend to lean more towards libertarianism or political independent.

Comment

I have seem plenty of fake conservative news sites too, trying to discredit liberals and obama.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I have seem plenty of fake conservative news sites too, trying to discredit liberals and obama.
                0000000000fn.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

How does one know these sites aren't just creating fake stories for click bait instead of part of a conspiracy to discredit conservatives? A persecution complex?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9835[/ATTACH]
                    I said "fake" - that is obviously true!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      I said "fake" - that is obviously true!

It did look sorta legit. Kinda like this

free-candy.jpg

but then maybe I'm not the best judge of these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                        How does one know these sites aren't just creating fake stories for click bait instead of part of a conspiracy to discredit conservatives? A persecution complex?
                        IMO fake stories on both sides of the spectrum are the intellectually lazy way out. It's easier to mock than to respond to the merits (or lack thereof) of the other side's position.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]9835[/ATTACH]
                          I believe this thread is about fake websites Rogue. There are plenty of places where you can post this official news.
                          “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Oh, yeah ..

So maybe the article about making money by sending money to Nigeria wasn't legit...

Good thing I used Sparky's debit cards ..
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I agree that it's more likely to be a click generating scheme with the idea of financial gain than anything else. A number of these sites post non-politically oriented fake stories:

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/goldentickets.asp is one that has been going around for awhile without a clear political agenda.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment