Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Muslim Flight attendent cliams she was suspended for refusing to serve Alcohol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim Flight attendent cliams she was suspended for refusing to serve Alcohol.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/05/travel...t730pStoryLink

This should be interesting because I still as an atheist think she should done her job or quit just like Kim Davis. You know Alcohol is being served on planes, you do not get to tell other people no because of your beliefs, and if you cannot do the job a company asks of you for superstitious reasons there should be punishments. Bad reasoning is not acceptable to do whatever you want.

Boo...!!!

Comment

"What this case comes down to is no one should have to choose between their career and religion and it's incumbent upon employers to provide a safe environment where employees can feel they can practice their religion freely," said Lena Masri, an attorney with Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Irony.jpg
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
        "What this case comes down to is no one should have to choose between their career and religion and it's incumbent upon employers to provide a safe environment where employees can feel they can practice their religion freely," said Lena Masri, an attorney with Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9450[/ATTACH]
        I disagree. When she applied she agreed to do her job and that includes serving to those who ask for alcohol. If she does not want to do her job the company has every right to fire her or suspend. They cannot fire her for practicing her religion outside the company, but she should of searched for a job that would not have a conflict with her religion. This is stupid tax.

Comment

I found the claim by the lawyer ironic. What is the name of the Christian Clerk who is in jail for expressing the same opinion?
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

If there were another flight attendant who was willing to serve alcohol, then it should have been a moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
              If there were another flight attendant who was willing to serve alcohol, then it should have been a moot point.
              So now someone has to do the job for her because she refuses? Since when is that ok? She should be paid less then if she cannot perform all of her duties. She actually should of never been hired.

Comment

Yes.

A person's moral beliefs do matter.

To repeat: If there were another flight attendant willing to serve (and I'm 100% there was), then the point is moot.

Everyone's happy.

Or should be.

Pick another mountain to die on.

Comment

This isn't a cut and dry issue. I think private businesses should be willing to make reasonable accommodations. If somebody who has objections to meat is hired at Walmart, it would be reasonable for them to put him somewhere other than the meat department. If you're a Christian Scientist and don't believe in modern medicine, you're out of luck if you want to work at a pharmacy, though.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I think that one of the issues here is that just about since airplanes started taking paying customers onboard flight attendants (or "stewardesses" back in the day) were expected to serve alcohol to the passengers who requested some. This is not something that has been changed since she became a flight attendant but has been part of the job before she was born. It is virtually inconceivable that she didn't know that this was part of the job before she applied.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Nah if you cannot do the job you applied for you never should of applied and companies should have the right to not hire or punish those who do not want to do what they are hired to do. IF the company wants to provide special accommodations fine, but they should not be forced too.

Comment

Originally posted by AlecWelsh View Post
                        IF the company wants to provide special accommodations fine, but they should not be forced too.
                        Nobody has said they should be forced to. Doing so voluntarily can be a good way to build goodwill with customers.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          Nobody has said they should be forced to. Doing so voluntarily can be a good way to build goodwill with customers.
                          The whole point of the lawsuit is that they should be force to accommodate her beliefs. The article in the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by AlecWelsh View Post
                            The whole point of the lawsuit is that they should be force to accommodate her beliefs. The article in the OP.
                            I'm with the airline here then in a legal sense.

Comment

Per the CRA the airline is in the wrong. It's a dumb problem. Not all flights serve alcohol. Update the idiot scheduling software and assign her where there is no problem, or let someone else serve.

Problem solved. Yay for reasonable accommodation.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment