Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Faroe Islanders massacre hundreds of whales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Whales are particularly intelligent and social animals.
    Like all animals, I don't think they should suffer needlessly, and they don't here.

Furthermore there has been a worldwide ban on whaling since 1986 due to concerns about declining whale numbers. (Yes, technically this doesn't breach that ban, because it's not 'commercial' whaling... but it still isn't helping worldwide whale numbers!)
    Not only is this not commercial whaling, but this has absolutely no impact on this whale population which number into the 700k. Less than 0.1% are slaughtered during this event.

Warfare, murder and slavery go back thousands of years.
    Yes they do, but that's not a good point here. I mentioned that this has gone on for a long time for the simple reason that it should be removed for a very good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      well ff is just a troll trying to get a reaction. Just ignore him.
      How come every time I see you I think of Robert Mugabe?
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        I've always found it interesting that pro abortionist (and in Dimbulb's case, pro infanticide people) don't have a problem with violently killing an unborn baby and sucking out it's remains with a vacuum tube, but get all squeamish with people killing animals for food. You know what is truly disgusting, that you view the lives of infants and the unborn as disposable while viewing the lives of animals as being more valuable. More proof that your moral compass points south.
        What's the saying? A rat is a pig, a pig is a dog, and a dog is a boy. Human beings in their world have no more inherent worth than a common housefly.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          What's the saying? A rat is a pig, a pig is a dog, and a dog is a boy. Human beings in their world have no more inherent worth than a common housefly.
          Less, actually.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The seas turned red with blood this week in the Faroe Islands, with hundreds of whales slaughtered in their annual whale massacre.

Disgusting.

I've crossed the Faroe Islands off my mental list of places to ever visit.
            I love the honest and neutral tone of the article.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
              Killing whales arises your moral revulsion... Do you feel that strongly about selling unborn human body parts for profit?
              Be a hero, save a whale. Save a baby, go to jail.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                Well, this comment is nonsensical.
                firstfloor

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  How come every time I see you I think of Robert Mugabe?
                  Perhaps you are projecting your mental state onto others?
                  "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                  -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  I support the :
                  sigpic

Comment

Trafficking in human body parts is not morally any different to trafficking in rum.
                    Wanna be the first to give up some of your parts?
                    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      Be a hero, save a whale. Save a baby, go to jail.
                      0000000000bw.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They only do it annually, it is tightly regulated, and they use all the parts for food or grease. They only killed 250 out of 778,000 pilot whales. Sounds like a responsible use of a non-endangered species.

Loved this comment below the article:
                        "Vile cow slaughter in a slaughterhouse in Essex: Blood came out of cows under dramatic slaughter of 200 cows. Outraged city dwellers: Why can't people just buy the meat that grow out of the refrigerators in the supermarket and comes in nice little plastic bags - no animal ever suffered from that."
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                          Well, this comment is nonsensical.
                          Just pointing out that we humans are the most lethal predator on the planet bar none. There is no point in being embarrassed by that. But we have to be careful that we do not run out of prey otherwise we’re going to start eating each other. So we need to look after the larder; this blue marble.
                          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

The seas turned red with blood this week in the Faroe Islands, with hundreds of whales slaughtered in their annual whale massacre.

Disgusting.

I've crossed the Faroe Islands off my mental list of places to ever visit.
                            Wow. The irony of you being the OP in this thread doesn't escape me.
                            Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

Whales are conscious living beings that can suffer. Human body parts are not conscious and can't suffer. There's no moral equivalency whatsoever... the first is morally relevant, the second has no moral relevance at all. Trafficking in human body parts is not morally any different to trafficking in rum.
                              Unborn human beings are conscious and living beings that can suffer too. What a twisted perspective you weave.
                              Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
                                Wow. The irony of you being the OP in this thread doesn't escape me.
                                yeah we lost 4 irony factories maybe 5 haven't heard word from china yet.

Comment