Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Employee sues employer over gender harrassment at workplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do think this lawsuit is a bit ridiculous, considering that a person has a gender and I do believe that "gender neutral" is not a transsexual but rather a term for someone who simply does not care about being either male or female and simply wants to fit in with a group of people. Its more of a created problem resulting from underlying attention seeking behavior than a well defined sexual orientation or gender identity problem.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      The female employees have a better position for countersuit since she (her preferences do not constitute requirements on the parts of anyone else - that confuses courtesy with morality) used their restroom. Having a person of undisclosed gender creates a hostile enviroment in a necessary part of the work environment (we gals may go to the restroom in herds - but they're all girl herds! Having men in the lady's room is disquieting and offensive - occasionally even dangerous - and that same can be reasonably said of those refusing to identify their gender. Disquieting to say the least) hence she creates a hostile work environment for the female employees.

It's an unreasonable requirement to force employees to comply with what many (probably most) view as an unnecessary, ridiculous and offensive requirement (dehumanizing someone by using pronouns reserved in English for things is offensive - and so is trying to force me to do so). In a sane court, this thing gets laughed out; but given the locale, this is probably the first in a long line of litigation for this idiot thing.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The female employees have a better position for countersuit since she (her preferences do not constitute requirements on the parts of anyone else - that confuses courtesy with morality) used their restroom. Having a person of undisclosed gender creates a hostile enviroment in a necessary part of the work environment (we gals may go to the restroom in herds - but they're all girl herds! Having men in the lady's room is disquieting and offensive - occasionally even dangerous - and that same can be reasonably said of those refusing to identify their gender. Disquieting to say the least) hence she creates a hostile work environment for the female employees.
        Then you should be able to sympathize somewhat with someone who doesn't identify as a man being forced to use the men's restroom.

Even if it does make people uncomfortable, a transgender or nongendered person "creates" problems the same way cisgendered women "created" problems in spaces that were men only until recently. Merely existing is the problem, so the considerate thing to do is figure out solutions to help us all work together.

Comment

Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
          Then you should be able to sympathize somewhat with someone who doesn't identify as a man being forced to use the men's restroom.
          Not "Identifying" is irrelevant. There are people who identify as animals, but they are not allowed to be owned and licensed as pets.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            Not "Identifying" is irrelevant. There are people who identify as animals, but they are not allowed to be owned and licensed as pets.
            I confess that I don't understand the whole "identification" argument. Sooner or later it becomes utterly absurd, like your example of people identifying as animals. What if I want to "identify" as an extraterrestrial?
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

No, the considerate thing is not to force everyone else to make concessions to your behavior/ideology. You want to believe your a man when in fact biology says differently, fine - but that does not create an obligation for anyone else to share your theory - or conform to it. If your conviction is the result of a mental illness then you are not obligated to seek professional help (not a danger to others) but since you choose to continue in a delusion again no obligation is created on those who do not share that delusion. And no, refusing to call you 'she' when you are a he is not an act of cruelty.

Perception, despite claims to the contrary, really doesn't create reality. It's sad that in the name of political correctness the psychiatric profession has abandoned those with legitimate gender issues to wallow in their delusions - but that doesn't mean we girls have to put up with men in the ladies' room or that the guys have to tolerate women in the men's room. Tyranny of the minority is just as tyrannical as tyranny of the majority.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post

Even if it does make people uncomfortable, a transgender or nongendered person "creates" problems the same way cisgendered women "created" problems in spaces that were men only until recently. Merely existing is the problem, so the considerate thing to do is figure out solutions to help us all work together.
                The needs of normal people should supersede the needs of whackjobs. It is even more vital that this be done when said whackjobs are part of the progressive ruling coalition. The thing in the OP will have a lot more to worry about than the pronouns people use when the Second Hitler rises as a result of the endless progressive Kafkaesque machinations.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

No, the considerate thing is not to force everyone else to make concessions to your behavior/ideology. You want to believe your a man when in fact biology says differently, fine
                  What if transgender people are biologically distinct from their assigned genders? Suppose it hypothetically *cough* turns out that cisgender men and women have distinct neurological structures and trans men and women differ from those in the direction of their transgender identity?

It might be easier to maintain a strict gender dichotomy if gender itself weren't made up of different components that don't always line up the same way.

Comment

We don't make shoe companies sell single shoes just because some people are born with only one foot. Society doesn't need to - and shouldn't - conform to the needs of a vanishingly small minority that can't honestly determine its own gender. Exceptions can be made for the one poor person that really doesn't know - without changing laws that protect the majority. Mercy doesn't actually require making rules fit exceptions.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I identify myself as a robot. I demand that I have access to a restroom that allows me to change my oil and batteries in peace! I should not have to conform to organic being's classifications! Beep Beep! I further demand that I be referred to by my proper identification of 1111 0000 0101 1100 1011 0001 and that people only speak binary to me.

Comment

110010010010101001000101010001010!

So there! (Who knew binary cursing was so easy? )

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

110010010010101001000101010001010!

So there! (Who knew binary cursing was so easy? )
                          You elderly carbon-based, mostly bag of water, insane feline female being!

Comment

101010100001110101001001001001!

And your momma dresses you funny, too!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

My mom was a cash register! How dare you mock her taste in clothes!

Comment

101001001000100101011111!

What taste? And seriously, she needs to stop wearing Army boots!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment