Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should no-fault divource be banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should no-fault divource be banned?

From the adultery should be illegal thread, there was a point that no-fault divorce should be banned. I disagree, but if you want to argue the opposite, go for it.
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Yes. The law should not let people abandon contracts they entered willingly without consequences. KG's sole concern with abused women not wanting to go through with a trial is extremely short sighted and quite frankly, bizarre. Imagine if we didn't prosecute crimes at all because the victims might find the trial traumatic.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
      From the adultery should be illegal thread, there was a point that no-fault divorce should be banned. I disagree, but if you want to argue the opposite, go for it.
      What benefits has it brought to society vs what consequences has it brought upon society?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Freedom is freedom whether society benefits or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
          So you don't mind if people can exercise the freedom to not do their part of a legal contract? Like borrow money from you then not pay back because hey, freedom is freedom.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

And did you freely decide to enter into a marriage contract, of your own free will or not?
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              And did you freely decide to enter into a marriage contract, of your own free will or not?
              What's this got to do with whether people should be allowed to leave a relationship of their own free will?

Comment

What's this got to do with whether people should be allowed to leave a relationship of their own free will?
                Because a marriage is a legal contract and unless you can prove duress, in the process of signing your contract, it is legally binding. If you didn't want to be in that sort of relationship, in which you are bond by a contract, don't sign up for it.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment