Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Undercover Video of Planned Parenthood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
    Regarding the Media Matters link,

What's in the link, what matters, is the part where they reconstruct the original order of what was said, with the cut stuff put back in.
    And then they take great effort to misrepresent what was being accused.

How partisan they are doesn't matter for a case like this.
    Perhaps not, but misrepresenting what is being accused is pathetic.

It's not like quoting from a transcript and bolding stuff leaves much room for spin. You can make up your own mind on the matter, although, of course, but looking at the transcripts we have, yet again, a case of CMP deceptively editing a video and then the full story being rather mundane.
    No you don't. You have CMP saying that abortion doctors are changing their procedure (meaning the steps that are taken in that particular procedure, which is illegal) when they extract a killed fetus in order to ensure that the parts desired are intact. You then have Media Matters saying that DMP is accusing them of changing the actual procedure itself (meaning the METHOD of extraction), which is a complete and total lie.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• I am in the process of moving out the totally unrelated posts to http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...d-video-thread. Please if you are not directly addressing the PP videos go elsewhere.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        And then they take great effort to misrepresent what was being accused.

Perhaps not, but misrepresenting what is being accused is pathetic.

No you don't. You have CMP saying that abortion doctors are changing their procedure (meaning the steps that are taken in that particular procedure, which is illegal) when they extract a killed fetus in order to ensure that the parts desired are intact. You then have Media Matters saying that DMP is accusing them of changing the actual procedure itself (meaning the METHOD of extraction), which is a complete and total lie.
        Make a case for that then by pointing at the full transcript, because we both know that this is too fine a distinction to parse solely from your recollection skewed by the hack job of a first video

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          I am in the process of moving out the totally unrelated posts to http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...d-video-thread. Please if you are not directly addressing the PP videos go elsewhere.
          I'm done with my end anyways so go for it.

Sorry for the derail on my end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
            I

We have strayed far off topic. But...Republicans don't think you can get rich, but that with hard work you can make a decent living. I know a lady, 4 kids, different dads, could work but she doesn't, the fathers are bums, she gets money from the State. So she gets money for being irresponsible. Not only that, she got ten thousand dollars for her earned income credit last year. She lives with her mom and dad who help with the kids. This sort of thing happens all over. And I know this lady personally. I'm well aware of her situation. Republicans want to cut services for irresponsible people who do nothing.
            As for the Prez, he's a collectivist. He actually believes that If you own a business, you are obligated to pay the State back and redistribute the wealth. And where does a lot of that money go? Not to our vets. They go to people like the lady I described. Able to work but are lazy and irresponsible and we, the money makers of America, are paying for her to have kids from different men and live with her parents paying nothing but still she gets a monthly check and a huge tax return even though she pays zero taxes. Liberal logic at its best.
            I agree we are off topic, and if you want to make a new thread, I will reply to you there. Otherwise, I don't wish to derail any further.

Comment