Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Undercover Video of Planned Parenthood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
    Much like the videos, your quote here is not proof of anything, nor does it even agree with the assertion you made. It's literally says "As an OB/GYN, I can tell you that neither of these claims are true."
    Of course because just like you, she's in the business of defending baby killers and is trying to defend these claims by saying things like the unborn are not 'babies' but 'products of conception' so it becomes ok to chop them into pieces and sell off their body parts. I know you're very stupid, but do try to keep up. Now, let us start here. Is selling off human body parts, for profit, illegal or not? As your fellow pro baby killer says, yes it is. Now the question is... why were they haggling for baby parts, if they were not trying to make some money off from them?

Pathetic.
    Indeed, you pro baby killers are quite pathetic in your sad attempts to defend murdering babies and selling off their body parts.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Question for Jaecp, if the companies getting the body parts handle most of the costs associated with transport and getting the materials, and all Planned Parenthood has to do is let them have access to it... why the extra cost? Where is the money going to?

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        Of course because just like you, she's in the business of defending baby killers and is trying to defend these claims by saying things like the unborn are not 'babies' but 'products of conception' so it becomes ok to chop them into pieces and sell off their body parts. I know you're very stupid, but do try to keep up. Now, let us start here. Is selling off human body parts, for profit, illegal or not? As your fellow pro baby killer says, yes it is. Now the question is... why were they haggling for baby parts, if they were not trying to make some money off from them?

Indeed, you pro baby killers are quite pathetic in your sad attempts to defend murdering babies and selling off their body parts.
        A couple of thoughts on this conversation. Here you are offering up arguments for your point of view and counter arguments to the pro abortion side and you get called a troll for that? That is not the definition of a troll. It's simply a tactic the left uses when they want to marginalize someone with whom they disagree. It's easier than countering the arguments offered.

Second, I can't believe I read this: "Trafficking in human body parts is not morally any different to trafficking in rum." For rum you just need the right equipment and ingredients like molasses and yeast among other things. You can buy these at most local grocery stores. You'll need to visit a hardware store too.

But you won't find any baby parts in a grocery store or in a hardware store. For that, you need a living unborn human being. First you kill it while it's in it's mother's womb. Then you extract the body carefully so as not to "harm" the organs you want to sell. Then you cut up this tiny human being and take out his/her heart, liver, lungs, muscle, and even cut off his/her head as that can be sold too IF the two brain hemispheres are intact.

Just like making and selling rum.

Keep up the good fight on this lilpixieofterror. We are on the right side of this issue. And these videos are sparking a nation-wide conversation about the horrors of abortion. The information I've read is that one of the videos to come will show what is done to "harvest" the organs of the babies. PP has gotten ahead of this already and is doing damage control even though the video is not out yet.

Pictures (and videos) tell the best story. We can ask any magazine about this fact. I applaud the organization that produced these undercover videos for exposing the "stomach turning" horror of abortion and removing the "veil of antiseptic tidiness." Brit Hume's full commentary on this is powerful:
        Whatever comes of the revelations about Planned Parenthood and its participation in the traffic in fetal body parts, those revelations will have achieved one thing: they have parted the veil of antiseptic tidiness behind which the abortion industry has for so long operated. The sight of a senior Planned Parenthood official, and a doctor to boot, discussing the market for fetal body parts in between bites of salad and sips of wine was stomach-turning.

That’s because it laid bare the essentially brutal nature of abortion. Let’s be blunt: abortion involves the extraction and killing of a human life, which within a couple of weeks of pregnancy has a beating heart. Five weeks in, its hands and legs begin to grow. It is these tiny creatures, and too often ones that are far more developed, that are pulled from a mother’s womb and crushed with forceps.

Oh, but oh-so-carefully, lest body parts that can be sold are preserved. This gruesome procedure shows the extent to which we, as a people, have been anesthetized by the estimated 55 million—fifty-five million—abortions performed since the Supreme Court discovered a constitutional right to that procedure 42 years ago.

Will we as a nation not someday look upon that decision and what it has done to us, not to mention the 55 million, with horror and regret? One can only hope we will.
        God bless!
        Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          Jaecp, don't feed the trolls. Nearly everyone else ignores lilpixieofterror's posts. Don't encourage her by engaging.
          Folks another 4 irony meter factories just blew up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
            A couple of thoughts on this conversation. Here you are offering up arguments for your point of view and counter arguments to the pro abortion side and you get called a troll for that? That is not the definition of a troll. It's simply a tactic the left uses when they want to marginalize someone with whom they disagree. It's easier than countering the arguments offered.

Second, I can't believe I read this: "Trafficking in human body parts is not morally any different to trafficking in rum." For rum you just need the right equipment and ingredients like molasses and yeast among other things. You can buy these at most local grocery stores. You'll need to visit a hardware store too.

But you won't find any baby parts in a grocery store or in a hardware store. For that, you need a living unborn human being. First you kill it while it's in it's mother's womb. Then you extract the body carefully so as not to "harm" the organs you want to sell. Then you cut up this tiny human being and take out his/her heart, liver, lungs, muscle, and even cut off his/her head as that can be sold too IF the two brain hemispheres are intact.

Just like making and selling rum.

Keep up the good fight on this lilpixieofterror. We are on the right side of this issue. And these videos are sparking a nation-wide conversation about the horrors of abortion. The information I've read is that one of the videos to come will show what is done to "harvest" the organs of the babies. PP has gotten ahead of this already and is doing damage control even though the video is not out yet.

Pictures (and videos) tell the best story. We can ask any magazine about this fact. I applaud the organization that produced these undercover videos for exposing the "stomach turning" horror of abortion and removing the "veil of antiseptic tidiness." Brit Hume's full commentary on this is powerful:

God bless!
            Pictures and videos do make a difference. The advent of ultrasound has made it increasingly impossible for abortion supporters to convince folks that an unborn baby is just some lump of tissue.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Planned Parenthood Sting

So a group of activists recently did a sting at a Planned Parenthood, which shows that abortions may be very lucrative for abortion clinics run by the organization because of the sale of body parts of the infant.

Well, I was reading the NYT today and there was an interesting Opinion piece about how cloudy people have to keep abortion in order to keep supporting it.

It may be disturbing to hear those procedures described: “… we’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”

It may be unseemly to hear a Planned Parenthood official haggle over pricing for those organs: “Let me just figure out what others are getting, and if this is in the ballpark, then it’s fine, if it’s still low, then we can bump it up. I want a Lamborghini.”
              After reading that, it's hard not to see what a business opportunity this is for PP and how if this is widespread why they would want more people to have abortions - more money! Thoughts on the issue?

On another note, reading the comments on the piece, it's so easy to see pro-abortion people fall into the same ad hominem arguments: "Well, if you pro-lifers are so pro-life, why don't you care for the baby after it's born? Why don't you care about the woman who's life is ruined by this new life-long responsibility? What are you personally doing for the kids who are born instead of aborted?"

Anecdotally speaking, I see pregnancy crisis centers in every town that give ultrasounds, baby food and clothes, and help for work for single mothers. I see evangelicals adopting or fostering children in my circle of friends - adopting around the world and in the US. I see ministries that help homeless people and those in sex work. So yes, we are doing something for those precious children that would have been aborted. No doubt they would see fault in that as well somehow, but you can't say that we are not trying to work on the other end of things.
              sigpic

Comment

• Hi, hearablaze. This is already being discussed in another thread. Would you mind if we merged your post in with that one?

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ned-Parenthood

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Pictures and videos do make a difference. The advent of ultrasound has made it increasingly impossible for abortion supporters to convince folks that an unborn baby is just some lump of tissue.
                  Precisely! And isn't it interesting how the "Pro-Choice advocates want to deny a woman the full knowledge of what abortion really entails. They don't do full counseling on how they (the pregnant woman) may be affected psychologically by their choice to abort their baby. They actually give false information to these pregnant women! (such as "it's just a clump of cells) Worst of all, they deny women access to ultrasounds so that they can be fully aware of what they are doing. Abortion is a billion dollar a year industry. They are in the business of killing the unborn. Lest prochoicers think I am blowing smoke, consider this article: Commercial Markets Created by Abortion: Profiting from the Fetal Distribution Chain

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxu...1&pli=1&hl=en#

There is money being made on the misery inflicted on the unborn. So much money that abortion really isn't about women's rights at all. There's a bottom line to be had. That's really what many (if not most) in the abortion industry are fighting for. $$
                  Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

• Oh yeah, missed that, no problem!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                      Question for Jaecp, if the companies getting the body parts handle most of the costs associated with transport and getting the materials, and all Planned Parenthood has to do is let them have access to it... why the extra cost? Where is the money going to?
                      As I understand it, those costs are handled in the payments to PP. Second trimester abortions are rather rare, even a fox news statistic a couple of years ago only pegged them at about 9% of all abortions, so there is no way to predict the week to week rate of materials for the biotech labs, which makes things more expensive. In the second video, she says that the clinic she manages only does 60 per year and not all of them allow for donation and not all of those that allow for donation have usable tissue samples afterwords. The first video goes into other variables associated with the costs, it's why Nucatola(sp?) gave that range of 30 to 100 whether the company sent someone, whether PP sent it to them, that kind of thing. Costs for handling and storage are also included, which are costs that PP incurs by providing the service.

As for extra money, as I understand it the point of having flat amounts is that it's easier for everyone from an accounting perspective to have flat amounts that are the average cost. PP isn't making money off of this. Sometimes the real costs are a little above the amount, sometimes the real costs are a little below the amount because of the variable nature of storage, shipping, handling, whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by heartablaze View Post
                        Oh yeah, missed that, no problem!
                        Be sure to notice 141 because I addressed your very question. http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post222583

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          It matters if it's cops recording it because of the Fourth Amendment. But unfortunately that doesn't matter here because what PP did is perfectly legal.
                          The Fourth Amendment prohibits unreasonable search and seizure, but there was no search or seizure of any kind here, much less unreasonable search and seizure. Under federal law anyone can record conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties [18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d)]. (Most states have adopted similar laws.) [Source: Digital Media Law Project.]

Comment

• Originally posted by Cale View Post
                            The Fourth Amendment prohibits unreasonable search and seizure, but there was no search or seizure of any kind here, much less unreasonable search and seizure. Under federal law anyone can record conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties [18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d)]. (Most states have adopted similar laws.) [Source: Digital Media Law Project.]
                            Except, you know, in all those states with two party consent laws like, uhh, your very own California

Comment

• Yes, 11 states have two-party consent laws, but my point was that the Fourth Amendment would never be a factor in the kind of recording that was done.

Comment

• Planned Parenthood defends selling body parts of children they kill, claiming they don't sell them for "profit." Selling body parts or fetal tissue for profit is a crime. So they argue they're just covering the additional costs they incur for preserving intact the parts they sell. PP's defenders echo the claim, arguing that PP isn't breaking the law so they're not doing anything wrong. Under Dred Scott, of course, a slave was mere property—not a "person" within the meaning of the law—and had no rights of any kind. It was legal to do anything with and to a slave that you wanted to do. To molest, rape, mutilate, or kill a slave was all within the law. It was all legal. Did that mean that it was morally and ethically acceptable to treat people in those ways if they were slaves? Or did it mean that the law was unethical and immoral?

Comment