Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Undercover Video of Planned Parenthood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From myway.com.....

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Planned Parenthood told Congress Monday that a secretly recorded video released last week by an anti-abortion group is fraudulent and part of a years-long pattern of illegal harassment aimed at prohibiting abortion."

Waaaaannnnnhhhhh... we want to kill babies, but we don't want anybody to mess with us.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      From myway.com.....

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Planned Parenthood told Congress Monday that a secretly recorded video released last week by an anti-abortion group is fraudulent and part of a years-long pattern of illegal harassment aimed at prohibiting abortion."

Waaaaannnnnhhhhh... we want to kill babies, but we don't want anybody to mess with us.
      Been a practice of undercover cops and news groups for years and years. It isn't illegal for cops or the press to use undercover video's and as far as I know, it hasn't been declared illegal for anybody to use undercover recording devices. Sounds like sour grapes because they were caught saying things they shouldn't say.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
        As for the joke, people make jokes. It's not rare. There isn't a why, it's just how people interact with the world.
        When she was talking about "less crunchy" ways of doing abortions, was THAT a joke? Did you find THAT funny?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

When she was talking about "less crunchy" ways of doing abortions, was THAT a joke? Did you find THAT funny?
          That reminds me of the "jokes" Kermit Gosnell made.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Baby killers have a weird sense of humor, I guess.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              Been a practice of undercover cops and news groups for years and years. It isn't illegal for cops or the press to use undercover video's and as far as I know, it hasn't been declared illegal for anybody to use undercover recording devices. Sounds like sour grapes because they were caught saying things they shouldn't say.
              Yeah, if I had a secret video of my babysitter molesting one of my children, the LAST thing I'd worry about would be the legality of the recording.

Comment

It matters if it's cops recording it because of the Fourth Amendment. But unfortunately that doesn't matter here because what PP did is perfectly legal.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Yeah, if I had a secret video of my babysitter molesting one of my children, the LAST thing I'd worry about would be the legality of the recording.
                  One of the realities you need to deal with, especially if you're a major spokesman for a group with some groups upset with what you are doing. If somebody came up to you and asked you to do something illegal or unethical, you'd think the first thought might be, "Hummm, is this a set up?" and you might want to be a wee bit careful with what you say or do. Apparently, sense is something people have a serious lack of.
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

One of the realities you need to deal with, especially if you're a major spokesman for a group with some groups upset with what you are doing. If somebody came up to you and asked you to do something illegal or unethical, you'd think the first thought might be, "Hummm, is this a set up?" and you might want to be a wee bit careful with what you say or do. Apparently, sense is something people have a serious lack of.
                    I think it's arrogance.

Comment

Like a few years ago when somebody called up PP and asked to donate money to abort black babies.

Comment

I've been hearing claims that the video was edited, but IIRC the entire video is out, and she does say the exact same phrase if I'm not mistaken.
                        "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                        -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        I support the :
                        sigpic

Comment

I'll start on a transcription of the whole thing tomorrow. Its more than an hour long though so it'll take a while.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            Like a few years ago when somebody called up PP and asked to donate money to abort black babies.
                            Or the undercover video, that was done on some NPR big wigs, a few years ago. You would think this sort of stuff would set off some alarm bells, but I guess it doesn't.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              I'll start on a transcription of the whole thing tomorrow. Its more than an hour long though so it'll take a while.
                              You don't think somebody will post one?

Comment

You don't think somebody will post one?
                                http://www.centerformedicalprogress....transcript.pdf
                                Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment