Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Undercover Video of Planned Parenthood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesse
    replied
    So, are we still pretending this is about shipping and handling? Or is there some new spin that has come out recently?

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied

Sick...

Leave a comment:

• Cale
    replied
    Fourth video released. "It's another boy!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWQuZMvcFA8

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Very droll!

It is absurd to regard a newly fertilized egg as a fully human person, although it is reasonable to regard it as a "potential human life". Hence the only question is when the fetus acquires 'person-hood'. Jewish Law has traditionally said it was at birth.
    Again, why is it only a "potential" human life? Is it dead while in the womb, is it not fully human? It has it's own unique DNA so it is not part of the Mother's body. Her body just nourishes it. Just like her body continues to nourish it after birth with milk and care. What makes it only "potential" while in the womb and "actual" outside the womb? Is the birth canal some magical transformation device?

Have you ever studied biology?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    The liberal media is more upset about the killing of a lion than they are about Planned Parenthood selling the body parts of murdered babies.

Source: Newsbusters.org

The three broadcast networks, ABC, NBC and CBS censored the third video released Tuesday by the Center for Medical Progress (CMP) exposing Planned Parenthood’s practice of harvesting aborted baby parts -- censored it at Planned Parenthood’s urging. But the news shows did find more than 14 minutes for a more important story: the “outrage” over the shooting of Cecil, a famed African lion, by an American dentist.

Tuesday, the networks spent 5 minutes, 44 seconds during their evening news shows on Cecil -- and that’s not even counting the teasers. Wednesday morning, ABC, NBC and CBS lamented over the lion for 8 minutes, 17 seconds.

But they couldn’t do the same for a story of babies “picked” apart by tweezers.

[...]

Since the release of CMP’s first video, the three broadcast news shows have spent a total of 11 minutes and 13 seconds on the story exposing the horrific practices by taxpayer-funded Planned Parenthood.

The liberal media raced to defend Planned Parenthood after CMP released its first video. In the first 9 hours and 30 minutes of news shows broadcast after the story broke, ABC, NBC and CBS, spent only 39 seconds on the first video. It took more than 24 hours before all three covered the story. In the week after the first video, the networks gave a mere 9 minutes and 11 seconds to the story (in contrast, the networks devoted more than three times that to the Susan G. Komen controversy, when the charity temporarily decided to defund the abortion giant).

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/culture...n-vids-2-weeks

© Copyright Original Source

The most disgusting display, I think, was Jimmy Kimmel becoming teary-eyed over the lion and asking, "I'm honestly curious to know why a human being would feel compelled to do that?" but he apparently hasn't felt compelled to shed a single tear for the innocent human life that is callously slaughtered by the butchers at Planned Parenthood.

Leave a comment:

• RumTumTugger
    replied
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    I see conservatives regularly getting upset about things I think should obviously be in that baseline of knowledge. That's when I lose my patience with them. Their objections span the range of "the children are too young" to "that's too explicit" to "I never got taught that when I was a kid, so why do they need to be taught it?" to "if they know about it, they'll want to do it" to "you might teach the topics of sex in a way that is not sufficiently condemning of sex outside marriage", and most recently "if you teach about what the word 'gay' means then my child might think it's cool and want to be gay". There's really not a lot that some parents somewhere don't manage to find objectionable for some reason or other when it comes to sex ed.
    showing children how to put a condem on a banana is not baseline

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
    It's only a non-scandal if you're morally bankrupt.
    Or a total tool (which I think is more likely, in Brave Sir Jaecp's case).

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Originally posted by Roy View Post
    That was exactly my point.

If "baby" has many meanings, not all of which are relevant, why do you insist on using it when there are narrower terms available?

Roy
    I see you're pulling a Jorge and only responding to something, in the middle of a paragraph, and not the rest of what I said. Is that a very honest thing to do? Anyway, try answering the questions I asked that pro abortionist, keep avoiding like the plague:

Is the term 'baby' used by medical professionals, before birth?
    Does the dictionary refer to the term 'baby' before birth?
    Do mothers and fathers say they are having a baby or that they have a fetus?
    Do grandparents refer to their unborn grandchild as a baby or a fetus?
    Do we throw a baby shower or a fetus shower?

Again, the only people, I have ever known, that says variations on the phrase, "Baby, don't you mean a fetus?" are pro abortions, when they want to argue for abortion. Perhaps you should stop arguing like an abortionist if you don't want to be assumed to be one? Just a thought...
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 07-29-2015, 08:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Do you always assume everyone who criticises you is an abortionist?

Roy
    Than stop arguing like an abortionist. The only people, I continue to find, that says variations of, "Baby, don't you mean a fetus?" are pro abortionist. If you don't want to be assumed to be one, stop trying to argue like one. Deal?

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    You are not pro-life and should stop using a political label that is explicitly made to describe people who are not like you. The pro-choice label fits your position like a glove since the terms deal with the legality of abortion. IOW, you think women should have the legal right to CHOOSE whether to keep the baby or not, hence pro-CHOICE.
    Here is the British abortion law:

The Act made abortion legal in the UK (with the exception of Northern Ireland) up to 28 weeks' gestation. In 1990, the law was amended by the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act so that abortion was no longer legal after 24 weeks except in cases where it was necessary to save the life of the woman, there was evidence of extreme fetal abnormality, or there was a grave risk of physical or mental injury to the woman.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_Act_1967

Sound any different than what Sam is advocating?

Leave a comment:

• Leonhard
    replied
    I prefer, that the government, if it is so inclined, will provide a good education. However, what is to be standardized, is not so much the education, but the tests at the end. What matters ultimately, is whether you can perform and have an understanding of these subjects.

The government has no business becoming the caretaker of the individual.

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    There's an extremely easy way to prevent pregnancy. Not have sex. I'd think that's sort of obvious.
    Well as a trivial truth, that is definitely true. As a matter of educational and political policy applied to thousands or millions of children, in the form of "abstinence only sex education" this seems to fail hard in practice. Not even the advocates of it appear to be always capable of practicing what they preach. It also denies children knowledge about an important life subject to an extent that I believe seriously wrongs them. It also causes the education system to fail at its fundamental purpose of actually educating children. Fortunately, I have never heard of abstinence-only sex-ed being done in any Western schools outside of the US.

One of the girls I've encountered who got pregnant without understanding the process had had some abstinence-only sex-ed from her mother. (I'm assuming the schooling system in her home country had either had no sex ed, or that she'd been opted-out of it.) It had apparently literally consisted of her mother saying "You know the thing? Don't do the thing!" in an angry voice while waving her finger. The girl hadn't known what 'the thing' was, and only after getting pregnant had she learned her mother had been referring to sex. This is why it's important not to leave it up to families... because some parents make atrocious teachers. So it's important that the school provides a baseline of knowledge for everyone. Parents can then supplement that knowledge in whatever ways they see fit.
    Last edited by Starlight; 07-29-2015, 03:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    As William Bennet used to say, "that's worked every time it's been tried, except once, and that turned out OK".
    OK is an understatement!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    There's an extremely easy way to prevent pregnancy. Not have sex. I'd think that's sort of obvious.
    As William Bennet used to say, "that's worked every time it's been tried, except once, and that turned out OK".

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post

How on earth do you keep coming up with these?
    A lot of people think better when they take a long walk... imagine going round and round on that wheel all day, with plenty of time to think!

Leave a comment: