Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Undercover Video of Planned Parenthood

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    From myway.com.....

    "WASHINGTON (AP) — Planned Parenthood told Congress Monday that a secretly recorded video released last week by an anti-abortion group is fraudulent and part of a years-long pattern of illegal harassment aimed at prohibiting abortion."

    Waaaaannnnnhhhhh... we want to kill babies, but we don't want anybody to mess with us.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      From myway.com.....

      "WASHINGTON (AP) — Planned Parenthood told Congress Monday that a secretly recorded video released last week by an anti-abortion group is fraudulent and part of a years-long pattern of illegal harassment aimed at prohibiting abortion."

      Waaaaannnnnhhhhh... we want to kill babies, but we don't want anybody to mess with us.
      Been a practice of undercover cops and news groups for years and years. It isn't illegal for cops or the press to use undercover video's and as far as I know, it hasn't been declared illegal for anybody to use undercover recording devices. Sounds like sour grapes because they were caught saying things they shouldn't say.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
        As for the joke, people make jokes. It's not rare. There isn't a why, it's just how people interact with the world.
        When she was talking about "less crunchy" ways of doing abortions, was THAT a joke? Did you find THAT funny?
        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          When she was talking about "less crunchy" ways of doing abortions, was THAT a joke? Did you find THAT funny?
          That reminds me of the "jokes" Kermit Gosnell made.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            When she was talking about "less crunchy" ways of doing abortions, was THAT a joke? Did you find THAT funny?
            Baby killers have a weird sense of humor, I guess.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              Been a practice of undercover cops and news groups for years and years. It isn't illegal for cops or the press to use undercover video's and as far as I know, it hasn't been declared illegal for anybody to use undercover recording devices. Sounds like sour grapes because they were caught saying things they shouldn't say.
              Yeah, if I had a secret video of my babysitter molesting one of my children, the LAST thing I'd worry about would be the legality of the recording.
              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

              Comment


              • #37
                It matters if it's cops recording it because of the Fourth Amendment. But unfortunately that doesn't matter here because what PP did is perfectly legal.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Yeah, if I had a secret video of my babysitter molesting one of my children, the LAST thing I'd worry about would be the legality of the recording.
                  One of the realities you need to deal with, especially if you're a major spokesman for a group with some groups upset with what you are doing. If somebody came up to you and asked you to do something illegal or unethical, you'd think the first thought might be, "Hummm, is this a set up?" and you might want to be a wee bit careful with what you say or do. Apparently, sense is something people have a serious lack of.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    One of the realities you need to deal with, especially if you're a major spokesman for a group with some groups upset with what you are doing. If somebody came up to you and asked you to do something illegal or unethical, you'd think the first thought might be, "Hummm, is this a set up?" and you might want to be a wee bit careful with what you say or do. Apparently, sense is something people have a serious lack of.
                    I think it's arrogance.
                    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      One of the realities you need to deal with, especially if you're a major spokesman for a group with some groups upset with what you are doing. If somebody came up to you and asked you to do something illegal or unethical, you'd think the first thought might be, "Hummm, is this a set up?" and you might want to be a wee bit careful with what you say or do. Apparently, sense is something people have a serious lack of.
                      Like a few years ago when somebody called up PP and asked to donate money to abort black babies.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I've been hearing claims that the video was edited, but IIRC the entire video is out, and she does say the exact same phrase if I'm not mistaken.
                        "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                        -Unknown

                        "Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis


                        I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        I support the :
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I'll start on a transcription of the whole thing tomorrow. Its more than an hour long though so it'll take a while.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            Like a few years ago when somebody called up PP and asked to donate money to abort black babies.
                            Or the undercover video, that was done on some NPR big wigs, a few years ago. You would think this sort of stuff would set off some alarm bells, but I guess it doesn't.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              I'll start on a transcription of the whole thing tomorrow. Its more than an hour long though so it'll take a while.
                              You don't think somebody will post one?
                              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                You don't think somebody will post one?
                                http://www.centerformedicalprogress....transcript.pdf
                                Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

                                The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by NorrinRadd, Today, 12:06 PM
                                1 response
                                27 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post Backup
                                by Backup
                                 
                                Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 06:43 AM
                                19 responses
                                118 views
                                2 likes
                                Last Post Gondwanaland  
                                Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 06:27 AM
                                14 responses
                                59 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                                Started by seer, 06-17-2021, 11:25 AM
                                7 responses
                                72 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post oxmixmudd  
                                Started by oxmixmudd, 06-17-2021, 11:16 AM
                                64 responses
                                404 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post Ronson
                                by Ronson
                                 
                                Working...
                                X