Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Undercover Video of Planned Parenthood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    To be fair, the major news networks have begun to cover the story -- which generally consists of parroting the talking points put out by Planned Parenthood and their allies. But it should be noted that took CBS and NBC something like 9 days to cover the story (after the 4th video had been released) and ABC even longer.
    If it were up to Jaecp, the story wouldn't be covered at all in the liberal media.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      When are you going to actually watch the unedited videos?

You don't really WANT to know do you?
      I've watched the first few. It's a time consuming process and my point was that it's been almost boringly consistent as to the pattern.

You admitting the first couple videos got no proof of lawbreaking, then, and I should go watch vids 4/5?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
        I've watched the first few. It's a time consuming process and my point was that it's been almost boringly consistent as to the pattern.

You admitting the first couple videos got no proof of lawbreaking, then, and I should go watch vids 4/5?
        If you actually watched the full unedited videos you would know that your claim that it was the edits that make PP sound guilty is totally false. Yet you keep claiming that the videos do not show any wrongdoing on the part of PP. Which means you either did not watch the unedited version, or you are so caught up with tunnel vision on the topic that you can't see what was really happening.

Comment

Jaecp were they speaking of altering the abortion procedure to get intact babies or better intact baby parts? Yes or no. And is that illegal? Yes or no.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            If you actually watched the full unedited videos you would know that your claim that it was the edits that make PP sound guilty is totally false. Yet you keep claiming that the videos do not show any wrongdoing on the part of PP. Which means you either did not watch the unedited version, or you are so caught up with tunnel vision on the topic that you can't see what was really happening.
            Or, you know, I'm not so dead set against PP that I'll see things that don't exist.

Every full video has completely exonerated them of the claims made by the short ones. That's why this is getting boring. Videos 6, 7, and 8 will be the same way.
            Last edited by Jaecp; 08-05-2015, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Or, you know, I'm not so dead set against PP that I'll see things that don't exist.

Every full video has completely exonerated them of the claims made by the short ones. That's why this is getting boring. Videos 6, 7, and 8 will be the same way.
              With the moron in those asking for a car?
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Cnn reporter questions whether David Daleiden is or has ties to violent extremists. Violent extremist. Violent extremist lately has become an offshoot of its parent term "terrorist." That's a pretty strong accusation...

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Jaecp were they speaking of altering the abortion procedure to get intact babies or better intact baby parts? Yes or no. And is that illegal? Yes or no.
                  The silence from Jaecp about this is deafening isn't' it. I wonder why could it be because he knows that yes they were speaking of altering the abortion method and it is illegal and he does not want to admit he was wrong?
                  Last edited by RumTumTugger; 08-06-2015, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                    The silence from Jaecp about this is deafening isn't' it. I wonder why could it be because he knows that yes they were speaking of altering the abortion method and it is illegal and he does not want to admit he was wrong?
                    Or I didn't see the post till now? It's right above another reply of mine to someone else. Am I really your sole source for CMPs videos being nonsense? Google up existing analysis

Either way, that's not what was actually happening. Four of the bigger instances are detailed at http://mediamatters.org/research/201...o-attem/204766

Feel free to look that over. I can play with you guys more after work tonight, but in the meantime, looks like CMP is being all lying and manipulative again. Surprise surprise.

Comment

Or I didn't see the post till now? It's right above another reply of mine to someone else. Am I really your sole source for CMPs videos being nonsense? Google up existing analysis

Either way, that's not what was actually happening. Four of the bigger instances are detailed at http://mediamatters.org/research/201...o-attem/204766

Feel free to look that over. I can play with you guys more after work tonight, but in the meantime, looks like CMP is being all lying and manipulative again. Surprise surprise.
                      I think MM is obfuscating what the accusations are, in relation to how PP alters their procedures to ensure the fetus is intact when extracted. They are taking the video's explanation that a different procedure is not used wrong. By procedure, the video means that it isn't switched from D&E to a chemical procedure. Surprise that MM would rush to the defense with strawmen...
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        I think MM is obfuscating...
                        That threw me for a minute. I thought, at first, you were slamming Mountain Man.... you mean Media Matters!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          I think MM is obfuscating what the accusations are, in relation to how PP alters their procedures to ensure the fetus is intact when extracted. They are taking the video's explanation that a different procedure is not used wrong. By procedure, the video means that it isn't switched from D&E to a chemical procedure. Surprise that MM would rush to the defense with strawmen...
                          in other words Media Matters whom Jaecp is taking his information from is being dishonest about what the real accusation is so they don't have to deal with the fact that the law is indeed being broken by the changing of the procedure used depending on which parts are needed and can be sold which is against the law.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                            in other words Media Matters whom Jaecp is taking his information from is being dishonest about what the real accusation is so they don't have to deal with the fact that the law is indeed being broken by the changing of the procedure used depending on which parts are needed and can be sold which is against the law.
                            Are they though?

How exactly are they?

Mostly, MM is taking the claims as made inn the shot video and putting the context back in, bolding stuff, and demonstrating how the claims of impropriety aren't.

Same as the last four vids

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa Zoom View Post
                              I've seen all that and seen his words in context. So what are the rest of us missing? I agree with everything said in the video you just posted. Obama is a collectivist. Where are we all going wrong?
                              His speech was in regard to economic policy. The tax cuts for the wealthy and cutting of social programs advocated by the Republicans are detrimental to the economy and are a hypocritical biting of the hand that feeds you. Businesses succeed because of the efforts of multiple parties, not the sole effort of an entrepreneur or CEO. Social programs and the spending of taxes on things like roads and schools allow for companies to exist at all, let alone prosper. Obama even gave a summary within his own speech: "The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."

The Republican party seized on this out of context quote because it allows them to swindle voters who just want their fears and opinions validated and aren't interested in fact-checking or a nuanced viewpoint. Republicans want to push the idea that if you work hard, you can become rich. As long as conservatives believe that, they will vote to benefit the rich at their own expense, because they imagine that one day they too will benefit from pro-wealthy, anti-poor policy.

Comment

• Regarding the Media Matters link,

What's in the link, what matters, is the part where they reconstruct the original order of what was said, with the cut stuff put back in. How partisan they are doesn't matter for a case like this. It's not like quoting from a transcript and bolding stuff leaves much room for spin. You can make up your own mind on the matter, although, of course, but looking at the transcripts we have, yet again, a case of CMP deceptively editing a video and then the full story being rather mundane.

I wonder if video six will be the same way? *yawn*

Comment