Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Undercover Video of Planned Parenthood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
    I was referring to the first video being debunked, but yes, immediately after mentioning the car she goes "no no" or something, it's clearly a joke, so clear is the joke that not even The Blaze is trying to pretpretend it was serious and that's Glenn Becks site.

We don't even have the uncut video this time and some conservative news outlets are hedging their coverage.
    Yes, it's obvious she's joking about the Lamborghini and she doesn't actually expect one. That you think the problem here is that people think she was serious about the Lamborghini just shows that you're a psychopath with zero understanding of how normal people's brains function.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

immediately after mentioning the car she goes "no no" or something, it's clearly a joke, so clear is the joke
      She clearly expects this money, or some of it to go to her. Otherwise that's one heck of a PR disaster to fire off. One can joke about getting money. I doubt she expected this to net her enough to get a full 500000$, but she clearly expected some substantial amount of it to go to her. She was browsing for prices, said she'd have to check what others got... you don't negotiate compensation like that. The pay is supposed to by only for storage, transportation, and any other costs associated with getting the material from point A to point B. Not income.

Comment

I was referring to the first video being debunked, but yes, immediately after mentioning the car she goes "no no" or something, it's clearly a joke, so clear is the joke that not even The Blaze is trying to pretpretend it was serious and that's Glenn Becks site.

We don't even have the uncut video this time and some conservative news outlets are hedging their coverage.
        The point is not the car or even the "shipping costs," but the callousness with which these women speak of killing babies and harvesting their body parts. And that over all fact was not debunked.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          The point is not the car or even the "shipping costs," but the callousness with which these women speak of killing babies and harvesting their body parts. And that over all fact was not debunked.
          Actually seer, that is the point. This woman is clearly expecting to get some sort of payment out of that. Joking about a Lamborghini, that's kind of irrelevant, the fact that she said it meant she was doing something under the table to get herself some extra money.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            Actually seer, that is the point. This woman is clearly expecting to get some sort of payment out of that. Joking about a Lamborghini, that's kind of irrelevant, the fact that she said it meant she was doing something under the table to get herself some extra money.
            Well I guess, but I didn't know this kind of thing was going on, and that it is generally legal. Sure the woman was greedy, but this whole enterprise is just horrible - heartbreaking.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Seriously Jaecp, sit down and watch all eight minutes. From now on if you want to argue that something is said, or isn't said, either make a reference to the video in its short version, or its full version.

Like it or not, she said exactly what she said.
              When the first video was released, some of the blowback was the deceptive manner in which these videos were secretly recorded --- like the secret recording negated the dastardly deed.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There's no evidence it was anything more than a joke. Claiming it was some subtle hint at wanting money is unwarranted

Comment

There's no evidence it was anything more than a joke. Claiming it was some subtle hint at wanting money is unwarranted
                  Why did she crack that joke then? Lets say that whenever she mentioned compensations, that she was simple talking about setting aside money entire, and exclusively, for the procuring the means for getting this material to this company. If that's what she meant... why crack a joke about getting a car, after negotiating a price for it?

It looks suspicious enough to warrant a further investigation, and I have no doubt that Planned Parenthood is going to take immediate action and fire this woman. At least if only to keep up a facede.

Comment

P.S: Jaecp are you still going to deny that the full video is out, or do I have to post it a third time?

Comment

P.S: Jaecp are you still going to deny that the full video is out, or do I have to post it a third time?
                      I'm on my phone and replies are coming in fast. When I woke up and saw this story on other sites the full video hadn't been released yet and I thought short and long was just that.

As for the joke, people make jokes. It's not rare. There isn't a why, it's just how people interact with the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        When the first video was released, some of the blowback was the deceptive manner in which these videos were secretly recorded --- like the secret recording negated the dastardly deed.
                        Indeed... Do they seriously expect people to be up-front and 100% Transparent about their corruption and shady dealings?
                        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

I agree with you on this issue. Nice to see that so many here understand what's really going on at PP. What I noticed is what the PP woman in the video didn't say. When asked what she would expect in the way of $$ for tissue, she should have stated simply that they only require PP's costs for the procurement of the tissue to be covered. She didn't say that. She went fishing. When she finally threw out the 75 dollar figure and the undercover lady said 100 was more fair, the PP rep was fine with that increase. Covering costs had not entered into the picture yet. They are just talking money for "tissue." It's clear that this is the selling of baby body parts. And the PP rep left the door open to increase the price depending on what other affiliates were receiving. More states will start investigations after this video. Minnesota was talking about it yesterday.
                          Last edited by Papa Zoom; 07-21-2015, 05:33 PM.
                          Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Your Honor, I KNOW that video shows me breaking into that warehouse, but that "witness" guy parked out at the curb videoed me without my consent, this "evidence" should be thrown out!

"What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
                              Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                                For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Your Honor, I KNOW that video shows me breaking into that warehouse, but that "witness" guy parked out at the curb videoed me without my consent, this "evidence" should be thrown out!

The sad part is that, in many cases, it is thrown out. "fruit from the poison tree"
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment