Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Nuclear Deal With Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    "Biased" is not a synonym for "wrong".
    Well, if Breitbart is referring to the referenced motion then Breitbart is definitely wrong in pretty much everything you cited.
    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Meanwhile, Iran test fires missiles....

NYTimes
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
        Well, if Breitbart is referring to the referenced motion then Breitbart is definitely wrong in pretty much everything you cited.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Don't worry. Obama has a pen and a phone, and he's not afraid to use them.

Comment

• So, it seems like some of the Dems who supported this are wishing it never happened.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Oooooops... maybe it's too early to celebrate that "deal" with Iran.

Iran tests another mid-range ballistic missile in breach of UN resolutions

But, then again, this is FoxNews, so it's probably all a lie.

Those Iranians - they're such ornery fellas!

Comment

• I expect Obama to draw a red line in the sand any day now.

"And if you folks cross that line, why I'll back up a few steps and draw another one. Don't push me! I'll do it!"

Comment

• Resurrecting this thread because a recent New York Times piece admits what anyone who isn't a low-information moron already knew: Obama sold the Iran deal to the American public through carefully crafted lies fed to "clueless reporters" (although I think they were more willfully ignorant than they were genuinely clueless).

Source: New York Times

The way in which most Americans have heard the story of the Iran deal presented — that the Obama administration began seriously engaging with Iranian officials in 2013 in order to take advantage of a new political reality in Iran, which came about because of elections that brought moderates to power in that country — was largely manufactured for the purpose for selling the deal. Even where the particulars of that story are true, the implications that readers and viewers are encouraged to take away from those particulars are often misleading or false.

[...]

In the spring of last year, legions of arms-control experts began popping up at think tanks and on social media, and then became key sources for hundreds of often-clueless reporters. “We created an echo chamber,” [Rhodes] admitted, when I asked him to explain the onslaught of freshly minted experts cheerleading for the deal. “They were saying things that validated what we had given them to say.”

When I suggested that all this dark metafictional play seemed a bit removed from rational debate over America’s future role in the world, Rhodes nodded. “In the absence of rational discourse, we are going to discourse the [expletive] out of this,” he said. “We had test drives to know who was going to be able to carry our message effectively, and how to use outside groups like Ploughshares, the Iran Project and whomever else. So we knew the tactics that worked.” He is proud of the way he sold the Iran deal. “We drove them crazy,” he said of the deal’s opponents.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/08/ma...guru.html?_r=2

© Copyright Original Source

Sure nice of the Times to expose all this now, but where were they when Obama was actively deceiving the public about the deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Resurrecting this thread because a recent New York Times piece admits what anyone who isn't a low-information moron already knew: Obama sold the Iran deal to the American public through carefully crafted lies fed to "clueless reporters" (although I think they were more willfully ignorant than they were genuinely clueless).

Source: New York Times

The way in which most Americans have heard the story of the Iran deal presented — that the Obama administration began seriously engaging with Iranian officials in 2013 in order to take advantage of a new political reality in Iran, which came about because of elections that brought moderates to power in that country — was largely manufactured for the purpose for selling the deal. Even where the particulars of that story are true, the implications that readers and viewers are encouraged to take away from those particulars are often misleading or false.

[...]

In the spring of last year, legions of arms-control experts began popping up at think tanks and on social media, and then became key sources for hundreds of often-clueless reporters. “We created an echo chamber,” [Rhodes] admitted, when I asked him to explain the onslaught of freshly minted experts cheerleading for the deal. “They were saying things that validated what we had given them to say.”

When I suggested that all this dark metafictional play seemed a bit removed from rational debate over America’s future role in the world, Rhodes nodded. “In the absence of rational discourse, we are going to discourse the [expletive] out of this,” he said. “We had test drives to know who was going to be able to carry our message effectively, and how to use outside groups like Ploughshares, the Iran Project and whomever else. So we knew the tactics that worked.” He is proud of the way he sold the Iran deal. “We drove them crazy,” he said of the deal’s opponents.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/08/ma...guru.html?_r=2

© Copyright Original Source

Sure nice of the Times to expose all this now, but where were they when Obama was actively deceiving the public about the deal?
                    In other words, it was another "you can keep your doctor, period!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      In other words, it was another "you can keep your doctor, period!"
                      At this point, what difference does it make?
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                        This deal seems to be amazingly good beyond what could have realistically been hoped or imagined. Iran pledges to never get a nuclear weapon, and agrees to an inspection regime so thorough and complete the likes of which have barely, if ever, been seen before. In exchange the other nations of the world basically do nothing... they just refrain from going out of their way to be nasty to Iran.

BEST DEAL EVER.

It's hilarious, however, how the lying warhawks like Netanyahu, Limbaugh, Linsey Graham, and Tom Cotton, are flipping out over this and doing their mindless rants about how endless war with Iran is the only possible solution to all the world's problems.
                        So, are you still cheering, Starlight?

Comment