Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

War Against White People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wrote an article about it for The New York Times Magazine. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/26/ma...pagewanted=all

Apparently he only discovered that he was an undocumented immigrant (a term I'm starting to prefer to 'illegal immigrant') when he was 16.

I'm curious what seer, and others would have had him do. That being said he doesn't in anyway match any stereotype, that I have no doubt that InfoWars is appealing to, regarding illegal immigrants. He's smart, well-educated, creative, hard working and successful.

Source: My Life as an Undocumented Immigrant

One day when I was 16, I rode my bike to the nearby D.M.V. office to get my driver’s permit. Some of my friends already had their licenses, so I figured it was time. But when I handed the clerk my green card as proof of U.S. residency, she flipped it around, examining it. “This is fake,” she whispered. “Don’t come back here again.”

Confused and scared, I pedaled home and confronted Lolo. I remember him sitting in the garage, cutting coupons. I dropped my bike and ran over to him, showing him the green card. “Peke ba ito?” I asked in Tagalog. (“Is this fake?”) My grandparents were naturalized American citizens — he worked as a security guard, she as a food server — and they had begun supporting my mother and me financially when I was 3, after my father’s wandering eye and inability to properly provide for us led to my parents’ separation. Lolo was a proud man, and I saw the shame on his face as he told me he purchased the card, along with other fake documents, for me. “Don’t show it to other people,” he warned.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      Who runs MTV? White CEOs. I can't really take your outrage against it seriously when it's white people not just underscoring it but actually screaming the loudest about white privilege. I see it all the time when I watch shows like TYT and msnbc. It's happening on both a corporate level and on a political minion level. Why do you suppose white people are hanging their own noose? Is it just corporate greed intent on profiting off a popular meme or something else more sinister?
      It is weird. MTV is also not known for its serious documentaries, so I'd say it's just corporate greed trying to get a lot of views.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by heartablaze View Post
        It is weird. MTV is also not known for its serious documentaries, so I'd say it's just corporate greed trying to get a lot of views.
        On a corporate level I suppose this is the case, but I don't get why it's happening on a political minion level. It's kind of funny because even a lot of white liberals are becoming jaded by it (it's absolutely hilarious to read the comment section of TYT videos that grandstand "white privilege"; all the TYT liberal fanboys turning against them lol). My guess is it's some sort of warped white self-deprecation syndrome. But if that's the case, then that should be the focus of seer's outrage, that and the corporate arena giving it a platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          Apparently he only discovered that he was an undocumented immigrant (a term I'm starting to prefer to 'illegal immigrant') when he was 16.
          For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

The thought police strikes again! Stop trying to limit and control speech, you evil leftists!

Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

'Hosted by an illegal immigrant'

Which is kinda dubious, he was born in the Philipines and was raised in the US from the age of twelve. What was he supposed to do? Call for emmancipation from his parents, and ask the US government to deport him?

A little fact checking wouldn't hurt you seer.
            He was just quoting the article (OP link) which says

"No, this is not a joke. The documentary is hosted by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas, an illegal immigrant and amnesty activist who has worked for the Washington Post and the Huffington Post."

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              This whole "white privilege" nonsense and making these kids feel bad because they are white.
              I saw a great response to this from a poster at Breitbart. He said something like:

"My white privilege compels me to be a moral and productive member of society. My white privilege compels me to work hard for what I have and not expect others to do my work for me. My white privilege compels me to take responsibility for my actions and to never blame others for my failures. My white privilege compels me to treat others with dignity and respect even when we disagree. My white privilege compels me to look beyond the color of someone's skin and accept them for who they are as a human being."
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                I saw a great response to this from a poster at Breitbart. He said something like:

"My white privilege compels me to be a moral and productive member of society. My white privilege compels me to work hard for what I have and not expect others to do my work for me. My white privilege compels me to take responsibility for my actions and to never blame others for my failures. My white privilege compels me to treat others with dignity and respect even when we disagree. My white privilege compels me to look beyond the color of someone's skin and accept them for who they are as a human being."
                Yes, don't you get it - even that statement is considered racist today! We just can't win.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Is anybody actually going to answer Leon's question?
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Apparently he only discovered that he was an undocumented immigrant (a term I'm starting to prefer to 'illegal immigrant')...
                    I prefer the term "criminal immigrant" myself, since it cuts to the heart of the matter.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

'Hosted by an illegal immigrant'

Which is kinda dubious, he was born in the Philipines and was raised in the US from the age of twelve. What was he supposed to do?
                      Leave when he was old enough to.

Call for emmancipation from his parents, and ask the US government to deport him?
                      Actually, yes. That would be the right thing to do.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Yes, he is, and as far as I can tell that's not exactly his fault. So why is it mentioned or underlined?
                        It became his fault when he became aware of it and refused to rectify it in accordance with US law.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

What is nonsense about it? Being born into the west, into the ethnicity and gender at am puts me at a highly advantaged position compared to others. I've been aware of this since I was a little kid.
                          Must be nice. I've had no advantages, and in fact, have been DISadvantaged in several areas.

I haven't seen the program, and neither have you. You saw a trailer. So far it seems to be confronting white youngsters with the way white people tend to be racist, and making them aware of the darker sides of their history. Again, nothing wrong about that.
                          It's race shaming. And that is wrong.
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Christy View Post
                            Aren't there ways for an illegal immigrant who was born in the US to become legal though?
                            If you were born in the US, you are a citizen.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

He wrote an article about it for The New York Times Magazine. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/26/ma...pagewanted=all
                              So, apparently leftists don't mind hiring illegals when it benefits them, but they are the first ones attacking businesses for hiring them.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I don't see what is so bad about crossing arbitrary international borders.

Comment