Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

War Against White People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Against White People

NEW MTV SHOW PUBLICLY SHAMES WHITE PEOPLE FOR “WHAT THEY’VE DONE IN AMERICA”

White People documentary hosted by illegal immigrant features young Americans crying over their "white privilege"

http://www.infowars.com/new-mtv-show...ne-in-america/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Infowars? Really?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Infowars? Really?
      It doesn't change what is happening.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2205783/whit...-cast-trailer/
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I'm surprised you watch Infowars. Its pretty much off-the-wall, 'the government are preparing prison camps for US citizens', 'flouride is a conspiracy, meant to destroy mental health', '9/11 was an inside job' kind of nonsense.

I saw the trailer, but I didn't read the article. It looks like an MTV documentary about white racial issues... not sure what the problem is.
        Last edited by Leonhard; 07-09-2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          hosted by illegal immigrant
          'Hosted by an illegal immigrant'

Which is kinda dubious, he was born in the Philipines and was raised in the US from the age of twelve. What was he supposed to do? Call for emmancipation from his parents, and ask the US government to deport him?

A little fact checking wouldn't hurt you seer.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post

I saw the trailer, but I didn't read the article. It looks like an MTV documentary about white racial issues... not sure what the problem is.
            This whole "white privilege" nonsense and making these kids feel bad because they are white.

Will these young white people learn from their experiences during filming? Vargas will force them “to internalize what they’ve done in America.”

What did they do in America?

Comment

'Hosted by an illegal immigrant'

Which is kinda dubious, he was born in the Philipines and was raised in the US from the age of twelve. What was he supposed to do? Call for emmancipation from his parents, and ask the US government to deport him?

A little fact checking wouldn't hurt you seer.
              Is he illegal?

Comment

This whole "white privilege" nonsense and making these kids feel bad because they are white.
                Who runs MTV? White CEOs. I can't really take your outrage against it seriously when it's white people not just underscoring it but actually screaming the loudest about white privilege. I see it all the time when I watch shows like TYT and msnbc. It's happening on both a corporate level and on a political minion level. Why do you suppose white people are hanging their own noose? Is it just corporate greed intent on profiting off a popular meme or something else more sinister?

Comment

I'm surprised you watch Infowars. Its pretty much off-the-wall, 'the government are preparing prison camps for US citizens', 'flouride is a conspiracy, meant to destroy mental health', '9/11 was an inside job' kind of nonsense.

Is this really surprising, though? It's not like seer is, otherwise, a bastion of sensibility

The surprise is seer is so deep in wacko land that he doesn't realize that linking to crazytown is a bad idea
                  Last edited by Jaecp; 07-09-2015, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                    Is this really surprising, though? It's not like seer is, otherwise, a bastion of sensibility

The surprise is seer is so deep in wacko land that he doesn't realize that linking to crazytown is a bad idea
                    The subject of the source is an MTV show about white racism. Unless you're questioning the validity of such a show, I don't see how the source is relevant in this case. It sounds like a red herring.

Comment

Is he illegal?
                      Yes, he is, and as far as I can tell that's not exactly his fault. So why is it mentioned or underlined?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        The subject of the source is an MTV show about white racism. Unless you're questioning the validity of such a show, I don't see how the source is relevant in this case. It sounds like a red herring.
                        That its from Infowars is not an argument that the article is false, but it does mean I won't spend time fact checking it more than what I've done.

Comment

This whole "white privilege" nonsense
                          What is nonsense about it? Being born into the west, into the ethnicity and gender at am puts me at a highly advantaged position compared to others. I've been aware of this since I was a little kid.

and making these kids feel bad because they are white.
                          I haven't seen the program, and neither have you. You saw a trailer. So far it seems to be confronting white youngsters with the way white people tend to be racist, and making them aware of the darker sides of their history. Again, nothing wrong about that.

Comment

Yes, he is, and as far as I can tell that's not exactly his fault. So why is it mentioned or underlined?
                            Aren't there ways for an illegal immigrant who was born in the US to become legal though?

Comment

Originally posted by Christy View Post
                              Aren't there ways for an illegal immigrant who was born in the US to become legal though?
                              Yes but it can be very difficult.

I'm much more sympathetic than most on here. Yes, illegal immigration is a clear breaking of the law, but there are plenty of people who were illegally brought over as small children and didn't decide to break the law on their own.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment