Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

War Against White People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    If your parents gave you a car and you found out it was stolen by them, would you turn it in or keep it?
    If company discovers that one of its long-serving and productive employees was hired in an illegitimate way, is the only correct response to fire that person?

Comment

If you knew anything about my life, you'd know just how absurd that statement was. I could give you 5 concrete examples where my race DISadvantaged me in a major way.
      I have many disadvantages. I'm not saying that being white is perfect, or that you individually have problems. Whites in general are in a better position when it comes to job opportunities, education and even how the police approaches you from the get go.

Did they do one for the advantages other races have in other areas? Or were whites singled out because it's the "cool" thing to do now?
      There's no reason to target minorities, or non-priviledged groups. Its the same reason there's a focus on misogony rather than misandry, as the former is a much bigger problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        If company discovers that one of its long-serving and productive employees was hired in an illegitimate way, is the only correct response to fire that person?
        Yes.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

You will have to be more specific. I don't know to whom you are referring.
          The cake example, I thought that was well known on tweb. Look in some of the other threads. The law in this case might just be unjust, though as a Christian if I found myself in the same position, I'm not sure what exactly I should do. I'd discuss it with my spiritual advisor to be sure. Christians should follow the laws of the land, however there are also situations where the laws are unjust or unreasonable. This might be one such case.

I think he's done the right thing, written an open and honest article about his situation. If the government wishes to deport him they will - they haven't.

Comment

Yes.
            Why? The person has been in the employ of the company for fifteen years and as well as worker as the others.

Comment

I wish I lived in the same timezone as most people on tweb, but its 11:50pm here. I'm going to bed. Goodnight, may God bless you and see you later.

Comment

Why? The person has been in the employ of the company for fifteen years and as well as worker as the others.
                Because as soon as people allow moral complexity into their lives their positions evaporate :-/

Comment

Time does not negate his status. Fix the problem.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                    Because as soon as people allow moral complexity into their lives their positions evaporate :-/
                    It's thoughts like that which make discussions tiring. Your comment was in no way helpful.
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It's thoughts like that which make discussions tiring. Your comment was in no way helpful.
                      So says the man who'd fire a productive employee on a vague basis?

Your ethic is black and white in a way that the acceptance of moral complexity, Grey, cannot be allowed it's hue.

You're an adult, I'm not your brother, and see no need to coddle someone with an underdeveloped understanding of ethics.

Comment

There's no reason to target minorities, or non-priviledged groups. Its the same reason there's a focus on misogony rather than misandry, as the former is a much bigger problem.
                        More to the point, misogynists are far more likely to be able to enforce their prejudices than are misandrists. The power structures in our institutional systems make it far easier to facilitate. The same tends to apply to whiteness in Western society.
                        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                          So says the man who'd fire a productive employee on a vague basis?
                          VAGUE?? Being hired illegally?

Your ethic is black and white in a way that the acceptance of moral complexity, Grey, cannot be allowed it's hue.
                          Not true. I just refuse to allow black to claim it is grey.

You're an adult, I'm not your brother, and see no need to coddle someone with an underdeveloped understanding of ethics.
                          No one asked you to coddle me, little boy. I asked for productive dialogue, and all you have given is crybaby feewings hurt retorts.
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                            More to the point, misogynists are far more likely to be able to enforce their prejudices than are misandrists. The power structures in our institutional systems make it far easier to facilitate. The same tends to apply to whiteness in Western society.
                            So, the minorities get away scot free? Just because they are the minorities?
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Red herring fallacy: If Asians in America are in a priviledged position that does not show that Whites aren't.
                              The question is why is this other race doing so well? And why isn't the black race? Hasn't white privilege prevented Asians from getting ahead?
                              Last edited by seer; 07-12-2015, 06:57 PM.
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

VAGUE?? Being hired illegally?

Not true. I just refuse to allow black to claim it is grey.

Illegitimate /=/ illegal

No one asked you to coddle me, little boy. I asked for productive dialogue, and all you have given is crybaby feewings hurt retorts.
                                Oh, age based insults, be still my broken heart.

Comment