Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Donald and Crazy Bernie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
    Are you seriously trying to correct my spelling?
    Do seriously have a problem with that? It's not like I was slamming you for getting it wrong.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Do seriously have a problem with that? It's not like I was slamming you for getting it wrong.
      Mostly I'm wondering how you missed the joke :-/

Comment

Mostly I'm wondering how you missed the joke :-/
        I thought there was a slight chance you were aiming at butchering done at a barbeque, but who does that? (And if they did, why would someone find it enticing?) I get atheist cookies. This attempt fell flat.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I thought there was a slight chance you were aiming at butchering done at a barbeque, but who does that? (And if they did, why would someone find it enticing?) I get atheist cookies. This attempt fell flat.
          Well, that's not the joke either, but in lieu of explaining it (because that makes them funnier) I think I'll

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Do you want that list in alphabetical, chronological or categorical order?
            Yes, and in quadruplicate.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That it'll last isn't really an issue

That its happening at all is a problem.
              Why is it a problem? He's exercising his free speech.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Why is it a problem? He's exercising his free speech.
                That Trump is reflective of a large and similarly clownish-in-an-embarrassing-way pool of GOP voters is the problem referenced.
                "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  That Trump is reflective of a large and similarly clownish-in-an-embarrassing-way pool of GOP voters is the problem referenced.
                  I don't think it's just GOP voters - I think it's people who are sick and tired of politics as usual. I wouldn't vote for Trump, but I'm enjoying the side show.

Comment

I don't think it's just GOP voters - I think it's people who are sick and tired of politics as usual. I wouldn't vote for Trump, but I'm enjoying the side show.
                    I agree that Trump's xenophobic and racist statements would find agreement with (much smaller) set of Democratic voters but his actual support is coming from the Tea Party, anti-establishment group that's been petulantly throwing mud (foul-smelling mud? What is that stuff?) at anyone and everyone who doesn't play their game for years. Trump is in the top tier of GOP 2016 candidates - the problem is that he's not a side show right now (and very well may stay relevant through the first debate).

For democracy and the political health of the USA, that's a problem. For the GOP's 2016 presidential hopes, that's a real problem.
                    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

I agree that Trump's xenophobic and racist statements would find agreement with (much smaller) set of Democratic voters but his actual support is coming from the Tea Party, anti-establishment group that's been petulantly throwing mud (foul-smelling mud? What is that stuff?) at anyone and everyone who doesn't play their game for years. Trump is in the top tier of GOP 2016 candidates - the problem is that he's not a side show right now (and very well may stay relevant through the first debate).
                      Do you realize we are, in political terms, a "lifetime" from the actual election?

For democracy and the political health of the USA, that's a problem. For the GOP's 2016 presidential hopes, that's a real problem.
                      I think you're prematurely hyperventilating. Calm yourself.

Comment

Do you realize we are, in political terms, a "lifetime" from the actual election?

I think you're prematurely hyperventilating. Calm yourself.

We're really not. The first GOP debate is in less than three weeks. And the problem that's being referenced, a worrisome number of GOP likely voters resonating with someone like Trump, saying the things that Trump has says, isn't a new phenomenon. These are the same group of people who have consistently blown up compromise deals, shut down the government, agreed that Jade Helm/Ebola/Migrant Children kooks "had a point" ... this is a problem set for the GOP itself and pretty much everyone running the campaigns knows it. If you thought the "legitimate rape" fiasco was bad for the GOP, just wait until Trump is still running his mouth in November or, heaven forbid, Spring 2015. I had figured that Ben Carson and Cruz would've done the most unforced damage this cycle but Trump will sit second-fiddle to no one.

Hyperventilating would be the wrong word, in any event. "Watching the chickens come home to roost," maybe?

Comment

We're really not. The first GOP debate is in less than three weeks. And the problem that's being referenced, a worrisome number of GOP likely voters resonating with someone like Trump, saying the things that Trump has says, isn't a new phenomenon. These are the same group of people who have consistently blown up compromise deals, shut down the government, agreed that Jade Helm/Ebola/Migrant Children kooks "had a point" ... this is a problem set for the GOP itself and pretty much everyone running the campaigns knows it. If you thought the "legitimate rape" fiasco was bad for the GOP, just wait until Trump is still running his mouth in November or, heaven forbid, Spring 2015. I had figured that Ben Carson and Cruz would've done the most unforced damage this cycle but Trump will sit second-fiddle to no one.

Hyperventilating would be the wrong word, in any event. "Watching the chickens come home to roost," maybe?
                          I'll leave this "worrying" to you, Sam. Nothing you say or do will change what's going to happen.

Comment

Well, that's not the joke either, but in lieu of explaining it (because that makes them funnier) I think I'll
                            Whatever floats your

sigpic

Comment

Whatever floats your
                              You forgot to finish your

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                                Nonsense, things like Social Security, Welfare, Medicare, Medicaid are unsustainable.
                                We have it in Denmark, it works fine over here. I've always wondered why it couldn't be implemented over in your country. Our system is different from yours of course, and its not ideal, but people are very happy with it.

Comment