Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Clinton Ropes Off Reporters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinton Ropes Off Reporters

This is just WEIRD

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7730242.html
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

As much as they resented it the press still meekly acquiesced which I can't believe for a moment they would do had they been covering a Republican candidate. They would have angrily stepped over it, ducked under it, gone around it or even outright cut it.

And why does she do it? It isn't like anybody asks her tough, probing questions.
    Last edited by rogue06; 07-05-2015, 09:50 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]7848[/ATTACH]
      It isn't like anybody asks her tough, probing questions.
      They asked her what her favorite flavor of ice cream was! Can you imagine how Michelle Obama would have handled that question?
      When I Survey....

Comment

Well, lookie here... it actually IS a mobile rope pen for reporters, and they did it in 1992, also!!!!

Dragging them along like little prisoners of war.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Well, lookie here... it actually IS a mobile rope pen for reporters, and they did it in 1992, also!!!!

Dragging them along like little prisoners of war.
          While this has upset the press I have to wonder just how many in the general public really care. In fact, to be completely honest, I think many of those bringing it up would have likely chuckled approvingly if Hillary's gang weren't responsible.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

While this has upset the press I have to wonder just how many in the general public really care. In fact, to be completely honest, I think many of those bringing it up would have likely chuckled approvingly if Hillary's gang weren't responsible.
            I can definitely see a "we hate the press, too" aspect, but corralling people like animals just goes against everything... maybe it's that "don't fence me in" mentality.

Comment

I think Bush did the same thing using "Free Speech Zones" to restrict protesters and such. It's a sham.

But Hillary seems to be going out of her way to alienate the press right when she needs them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I think Bush did the same thing using "Free Speech Zones" to restrict protesters and such. It's a sham.

But Hillary seems to be going out of her way to alienate the press right when she needs them.
                I think that she realizes that if she gets the nomination (which barring the entry of Elizabeth Warren, she will almost certainly will) that even if angry and alienated the press will suck it up and support her over any Republican candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

But the optics of dragging people around with a rope corral.... Did Bush do that? If so, he needs BushWhacked!

Comment

I think that she realizes that if she gets the nomination (which barring the entry of Elizabeth Warren, she will almost certainly will) that even if angry and alienated the press will suck it up and support her over any Republican candidate.
                    Yes, that.

Comment