Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

ISIS leader Tariq al-Harzi Killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISIS leader Tariq al-Harzi Killed

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/02/middle...leader-killed/

(CNN)Senior ISIS leader Tariq al-Harzi -- a man known as the "emir of suicide bombers" -- was killed by a coalition airstrike in Syria last month, a U.S. official said Thursday.

Al-Harzi played a key logistical role for ISIS, overseeing efforts to get jihadists and weapons into Iraq and Syria to fuel the militant organization's war machine, according to U.S. authorities.

The Tunisian, believed to be one of the first foreign fighters to join ISIS, also helped organize the Sunni extremist group's devastating use of suicide and vehicle-borne bombs in Iraq, the U.S. Department of Defense said.

"This was a big get," said Mike Rogers, a CNN national security commentator and former chairman of the U.S. House Intelligence Committee. "It will be very disruptive to their operation for at least some period of time."
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

It seems that all too often these guys pop up later somewhere after it has been announced that they have been, as they say, terminated with extreme prejudice. I guess that is to be expected with drone strikes where you don't have anyone on the ground who can confirm it or gather evidence for it to be confirmed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      It seems that all too often these guys pop up later somewhere after it has been announced that they have been, as they say, terminated with extreme prejudice. I guess that is to be expected with drone strikes where you don't have anyone on the ground who can confirm it or gather evidence for it to be confirmed.
      Well, killing these guys in "onesies and twosies" only serves, according to some of our military experts, as a recruitment tool. We need to be killing them by the hundreds and thousands.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Well, killing these guys in "onesies and twosies" only serves, according to some of our military experts, as a recruitment tool. We need to be killing them by the hundreds and thousands.
        I could see that being the case. As long as you aren't near the top of the chain-of-command you don't have much to worry about.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Nuke em. It shows we has da powah!
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
            Nuke em. It shows we has da powah!
            You and Pentagon aren't on the same page, obviously. Pentagon wants a "Salifist Principality" to unite the Sunnis in Iraq and Syria to take out Assad.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
              You and Pentagon aren't on the same page, obviously. Pentagon wants a "Salifist Principality" to unite the Sunnis in Iraq and Syria to take out Assad.
              I googled in Wikipedia with the search terms "Salafist Group for Call and Combat", and got redirected to the entry "al Queda in the Islamic Maghreb". [Me: smilie in boat without oars, looking at us sadly.]
              The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

How do you as POTUS make a mistake like that?

Comment