Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Woman says: give me US$1 million or I abort my baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JonathanL
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
    You people are stupidly easy to troll
    Threatening to murder your own child just to make a point = trolling according to Jaecp.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
    Or, orrrrrrrrrr, it's a publicity stunt of some sort and you people blindly getting worked up over a fiction are being trolled.

Whatever happened to don't believe everything you read? Yeesh
    Even if it ain't real, it's still sick. Though, the internet has plenty of sick stuff floating around.

Leave a comment:

• Jaecp
    replied
    Or, orrrrrrrrrr, it's a publicity stunt of some sort and you people blindly getting worked up over a fiction are being trolled.

Whatever happened to don't believe everything you read? Yeesh

Leave a comment:

• Adrift
    replied
    Originally posted by hamster View Post
    Give me ten thousand dollars or I will cook and eat this dalmatian puppy

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    I think on the website she says she is not going to keep the money so she won't be vilified, but I didn't see what she's going to do with it
    She says she is putting it into a trust fund for the child.

And she's still vile.

Leave a comment:

• hamster
    replied
    I think on the website she says she is not going to keep the money so she won't be vilified, but I didn't see what she's going to do with it

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    I know it's nuts some people get all worked up about dismembering babies with steel instruments
    Or the possibility. Or that some people would take advantage of prolife people by extorting/scamming them to give money or they abort their baby/embryo.

Leave a comment:

• hamster
    replied
    I know it's nuts some people get all worked up about dismembering babies with steel instruments

Leave a comment:

• Jaecp
    replied
    You people are stupidly easy to troll

Leave a comment:

• hamster
    replied
    Give me ten thousand dollars or I will cook and eat this dalmatian puppy

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Because he has said previously on this site that it is okay to kill newborns.

Because your moral compass is pointing in the right direction.
    You know, if someone tried to seriously harm(not just a spanking) a child in front of me, I do think I'd do what I could to stop it. Call 911 or attempt to subdue the abuser? Or both?

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Why? And why do I have righteous anger towards those who would hurt/kill a child/baby? I'm not even a mom! I am an aunt though.
    Because he has said previously on this site that it is okay to kill newborns.

Because your moral compass is pointing in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    He'd more likely recommend it be murdered after being born.
    Why? And why do I have righteous anger towards those who would hurt/kill a child/baby? I'm not even a mom! I am an aunt though.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    This actually reminds me of the well intended "slave redemption" action of Christian Solidarity International. Buyers would go to the slavemasters of the Dinka, and purchase slaves to set them free. This, of course, only encouraged the slavemasters to capture more slaves for sale.

Source: NYTimes

But slave redemption may be a textbook case of good intentions gone awry. The financial incentives of slave redemption in Sudan, one of the word's poorest nations, encourage the taking of slaves. Moreover, the knowledge that foreigners with deep pockets are willing to pay to redeem slaves reduces the incentive for owners to set them free without payment. The extent to which redemption has promoted slave-taking is difficult to document, but there is growing evidence of fraud in the redemption process, as unscrupulous chiefs, middlemen and rebel leaders alike ''borrow'' children who have never been abducted for the purpose of enlarging groups of slaves and increasing the proceeds from their redemption.

© Copyright Original Source

IF this is real, and IF somebody comes up with the money (or a substantial amount of money) it only encourages more "babies for ransom".

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    Perhaps Starlight called the stunt brilliant because he forgot the option to give up the baby for abortion.
    Didn't you mean ADOPTION?

Leave a comment: