Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

‘Pastor’ Obama sings amazing grace.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Pastor’ Obama sings amazing grace.

“[He referred to the gun rampage by an avowed white supremacist as an act of terrorism, linking it to America’s long history of racist church bombings and arsons.

He said the shooting was not a random act, “but a means of control, a way to terrorize and oppress”. He said the alleged shooter, who he did not name, had imagined his deed would “incite fear and recrimination, violence and suspicion”, as “an act that he presumed would deepen divisions that trace back to our nation’s original sin”.

In the course of a eulogy in which Obama had the audacity to sing Amazing Grace in front of a rapt audience of 5,500 mostly African Americans in the College of Charleston TD Arena, the president also made a robust case for the tearing down of the Confederate flag. As debate continues to rage over the enduring presence of the old secessionist symbol across much of the deep south, Obama said bluntly that the flag was a “reminder of systemic oppression and racial subjugation”.]”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...-amazing-grace
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

So, the brave Divider in Chief made a speech in front of an adoring audience on a theme he knew they would applaud. I'm stunned.

The Church shooting was clearly an act of terrorism, but the Fort Hood shooting done by a Islamist clearly acting in the name of Allah is "workplace violence".

The REAL story in South Carolina is the amazing grace of the people of Mother Emanuel, not a song sung by Obama.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

BTW I am now listening to the excellent “[Francesca Stavrakopoulou (who) is a Professor of Hebrew Bible and Ancient Religion in the University of Exeter's Department of Theology and Religion. The main focus of her research is religion and ideology in the cultures giving rise to the biblical texts.]”

Francesca Stavrakopoulou: When It's Wrong To Be An Atheist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEPXle6t_pg

Stavrakopoulou - Five things:
      1. “I am going to avoid making the world in my own image.”
      2. “I am not gong to make a false idol of atheism.”
      3. “I will not adopt a canon”
      4. “I will not privilege humans over non-human species.”
      5. ”I am going to remember that I am powerful and I need to keep my power in check.”
      Last edited by firstfloor; 06-28-2015, 07:24 AM.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        4. “I will not privilege humans over non-human species.”
        Any human is worth more than any animal, and no animal life should ever be given higher priority than human life. She doesn't have her priorities in check.

Comment

No Obama, singing Amazing Grace won't suddenly make the Christian world consider you a pious guy. Come back when you repent of having supported and campaigned for the further increase of abortion, and had a conversion of heart.

Comment

Have I ever mentioned that I thought Obama was just a big sideshow for the most part?
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              Any human is worth more than any animal, and no animal life should ever be given higher priority than human life. She doesn't have her priorities in check.
              From the human perspective of course you are right, but worth is of course is a relative term.

Comment

Just so long as he doesn't sing "Christmas Shoes" everything will be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                  Have I ever mentioned that I thought Obama was just a big sideshow for the most part?
                  I'm sure you have, probably numerous times. But for a side show he certainly has accomplished much of his agenda in the face of his critics.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                    He is certainly being used by forces "behind the throne" (so to speak) for their ends and with his cooperation. I would make some predictions about what these powers will be doing between now and the next election, but I think discretion is the better part of whatever.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

It's also impossible to treat all life forms as equal.

Comment

Yes you are right. reading those 5 things and knowing how people like her think about Christianity (they have had one or two shows on tv here with her) , I think it is an attempt to belittling the Jewish and Christian faiths through satire or something. Same dry old schtick from these people. Ha ha ha hah ah hmmmm ......
                        Last edited by Abigail; 06-28-2015, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          From the human perspective of course you are right, but worth is of course is a relative term.
                          But only black animals matter.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Perhaps you meant "subjective" instead of "relative."
                            The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

...but worth is of course is a relative term.
                              Depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is is.

Comment