Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

SCOTUS Rules 5-4 for Gay Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCOTUS Rules 5-4 for Gay Marriage

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...06-26-10-02-52
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I'm going to voice a unpopular opinion here. I feel gay marriage should be legalized, however, there must be a major concession to religious Churches and organizations allowing them not to be forced to perform ceremonies that are against their will.
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
      I'm going to voice a unpopular opinion here. I feel gay marriage should be legalized, however, there must be a major concession to religious Churches and organizations allowing them not to be forced to perform ceremonies that are against their will.
      But there won't be.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So while we were all arguing about the confederate flag and distracted, the bigger fish pushed this one through. yup. Keep em distracted so Obama's cronies can pull a rabbit.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          So while we were all arguing about the confederate flag and distracted, the bigger fish pushed this one through. yup. Keep em distracted so Obama's cronies can pull a rabbit.
          I really don't see that connection - I think SCOTUS was moving this way anyhow, and don't really see a connection to the Confederate Flag hysteria.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I really don't see that connection - I think SCOTUS was moving this way anyhow, and don't really see a connection to the Confederate Flag hysteria.
            I think this is part of a greater Spiritual problem, not a political one. I think the "Providence of God" is being removed from our Nation because we, as a nation, have turned our backs on Him. We are, in that regard, becoming Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
              The flag BS was more likely meant for a TPP distraction. Worked like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                The flag BS was more likely meant for a TPP distraction. Worked like a charm.
                Meh - I think it's just symptomatic of our overall Slouching Towards Gomorrah.

Comment

Truly and deeply pathetic...
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Truly and deeply pathetic...
                    And they have some bozo (the "plaintiff"?) trying to equate this to the shooting in South Carolina.

Comment

Welcome to what it's been like in Canada for 2 decades, fellas.

And, except for Texas, good luck with trying to acquire any sort of pastor protection, or any other protection on religious grounds.

That was promised to us, and went down the pipes at the very first marriage.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

And, except for Texas, good luck with trying to acquire any sort of pastor protection, or any other protection on religious grounds.

And I have a feeling that the Texas law will be challenged and overturned. They want everything, as I have been saying all along. This is only the beginning.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Dear Lord, please come soon.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

This is the culmination of a juggernaut trend in society. The SCOTUS decision was bound to happen sooner or later, so might as well get it over with. My guy Kennedy came up with just the vote and reasoning that I expected.

I'll be interested to see how certain officials in Alabama respond to this, considering their previous obstinate resistance. Officials in my part of the country accepted court-imposed gay marriage without an audible whimper some time ago.
                            Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Yup - we're prepared to fight. Emails are already flying. But, yes, could get ugly.

Comment