Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

SCOTUS Rules 5-4 for Gay Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    It is a fundamental misconception to think that the United States is Christian or even religious. You are confusing the people with the legal entity that owns them.
    I think you've managed to out-do yourself with that one.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
      Time for states to start repealing all their marriage laws and all references to marriage in the law? Defunding the issuing of marriage licenses? Removing all other restrictions? For Christians to boycott government marriage entirely?
      I will most likely be mailing my "Certificate of Authorization to Solemnize Marriages" back to the Secretary of State of Texas.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        I think you've managed to out-do yourself with that one.
        And that's quite a feat!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          And I have a feeling that the Texas law will be challenged and overturned. They want everything, as I have been saying all along. This is only the beginning.
          I have a feeling that if the Federal government tries to really challenge Texas directly, then they'll face a LOT of opposition. Consider the recent moves to clamp down on hard forms of currency, such as gold and cash. Well, Texas went against that trend by creating a gold despository. Consider also the upcoming Operation Jade Helm. Well, Texas will mobilise its State Guard to monitor the 'military exercise' due to concerns from Texans.

I'm kind of hoping that Texans will finally have enough and become their own Republic again... but something tells me the Feds would do anything in their power to preserve their precious 'union.'
          My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
            I have a feeling that if the Federal government tries to really challenge Texas directly, then they'll face a LOT of opposition.
            You can say THAT again!

I'm kind of hoping that Texans will finally have enough and become their own Republic again... but something tells me the Feds would do anything in their power to preserve their precious 'union.'
            At this point, the US needs Texas FAR more than Texas needs the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
              I have a feeling that if the Federal government tries to really challenge Texas directly, then they'll face a LOT of opposition.
              Does it matter? Gay marriage is now a Constitutional right according to our dictatorial Supreme Court. What leg does Texas have to stand on?

I believe that within in a decade, the majority of churches in America will have closed their doors, and the Church will return to its roots of meeting informally in homes.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Does it matter? Gay marriage is now a Constitutional right according to our dictatorial Supreme Court. What leg does Texas have to stand on?

I believe that within in a decade, the majority of churches in America will have closed their doors, and the Church will return to its roots of meeting informally in homes.
                Some of us already do!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

They should make a carnival ride out of all these slippery slopes
                  Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

We'll have a canon on our front steps with a huge sign "Come and TRY it".

Flag_Come_and_Take_It_13.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      At this point, the US needs Texas FAR more than Texas needs the US.
                      I'm not so sure that's the case. Federal grants make up 32% of Texas' annual budget. Texas does not contribute 32% of the Federal Government's budget.
                      "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
                      --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
                        I'm not so sure that's the case. Federal grants make up 32% of Texas' annual budget. Texas does not contribute 32% of the Federal Government's budget.
                        See? We're smarter than the Feds!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
                          And how many federal mandates come with that money?
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            I will most likely be mailing my "Certificate of Authorization to Solemnize Marriages" back to the Secretary of State of Texas.
                            What are the ramifications of that? Will people you marry in the church then need to appear before a Justice of the Peace as well in order for the state to recognize them as married? Or will you encourage them to forego the benefits of legal marriage instead?
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Does it matter?
                              Yes. Because if the Feds push too hard they'll likely have another civil war on their hands. Presumably why Jade Helm is taking place. Of course, I suspect this time they'll have a harder time persuading Americans to fire on their own.

Gay marriage is now a Constitutional right according to our dictatorial Supreme Court. What leg does Texas have to stand on?
                              Rights are not dependent on the edicts of the state or on pieces of paper. Rights are exclusive claims that require no action on the part of others to be upheld. Hence, freedom to voluntary association is a human right, education and healthcare are not. It's simply a matter of objective fact.
                              My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

So beside our tiny island nation with 48000 inhabitants here in the middle of the north atlantic, what countries are left in the west without legalized gay marriage?

Comment