Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cultural Cleansing of the Southern States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    What really irks me is that the liberal left is using a Christian church shooting to put forward their agenda. As if they cared about Christianity all of a sudden.
    But it's BLACK Christians! Black lives matter.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      But it's BLACK Christians! Black lives matter.
      Ah! White Christians are a bit passé. Black Christians have great music and religion helps them in their struggle against white oppression. They are allowed their foolishness because they are oppressed.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        They are allowed their foolishness because they are oppressed.
        And your excuse is?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And your excuse is?
          I am without excuse. [Romans 1:20]
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Roger that.

Comment

You know, after I stopped taking your trolling attempts seriously your posts suddenly became a lot more entertaining to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                Erasing what vestiges of culture the South has
                Statements like this are what really ought to irk Southerners. There are plenty of genuinely honorable cultural traditions of the South that are worth celebrating. Yet people think removing a statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest, the evil man who founded the Ku Klux Klan--which, as a reminder to anyone who slept through US history class in high school, was an evil, racist organization that existed primarily to murder and terrorize black people--from public buildings is "erasing what vestiges of culture the South has" or constitutes "a full-fledged cultural cleansing."

I mean, damn. The people who boast the most about Southern pride are apparently so ignorant of Southern culture that they don't know of anything else in which they can have pride. That's so sad and discouraging.
                Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                  Statements like this are what really ought to irk Southerners. There are plenty of genuinely honorable cultural traditions of the South that are worth celebrating. Yet people think removing a statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest, the evil man who founded the Ku Klux Klan--which, as a reminder to anyone who slept through US history class in high school, was an evil, racist organization that existed primarily to murder and terrorize black people--from public buildings is "erasing what vestiges of culture the South has" or constitutes "a full-fledged cultural cleansing."
                  Wow, for a moment there, I thought you were talking about Robert Byrd!

byrd.jpg

Comment

Well actually Forrest's KKK also murdered and terrorized white Republicans, so he was fairly egalitarian for his time. He also changed his tune fairly quickly and would be, if anything, a symbol of reconciliation.

Also, I have bad news for you: if you're around today and have an Internet connection, you probably have some evil racist murderers to thank for slaughtering The Other and thriving on their misery. And while I personally have zero south or black ancestry, and thus zero personal investment in whose statue goes up or down, I am nevertheless grateful for all the psychopaths, murderers and racists who ensured I would not only exist but be provided for to the best of their ability. Honoring your ancestors is a big part of every culture for a reason, but to the diseased leftist mind even people 150 years on the business end of a coffin are a microaggression that needs to be stomped out.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Ah! White Christians are a bit passé. Black Christians have great music and religion helps them in their struggle against white oppression. They are allowed their foolishness because they are oppressed.
                      But White Christians sure can fry some chicken...

That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

We just can't jump afterwards.

Or before.

Comment

We just can't jump afterwards.

Or before.
                          I don't know about that. Just try to ask for help cleaning up AFTER the pot luck, and watch how fast people jump toward the exit
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Holy banquet dude! I’m coming to your church.

Comment

Apparently they like deviled eggs a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Apparently they like deviled eggs a lot.
                                And casseroles, casseroles everywhere.

Comment