Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Charleston shooter's manifesto apparently discovered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
    Why do you say demonic influence? The kid was mentally unstable and then some,but why do you think demons were involved?
    Originally posted by seanD View Post
    The dude was on Suboxone. And who knows what other possible psychotropic concoctions he may have been taking.
    Seems to me that almost all white people are popping pills, smoking MJ and have mental problems (usually self-diagnosed) so I'm not convinced "he was nuts" is an adequate explanation, even if he was nuts. I guess we'll find out if he's deemed fit for trial, but my guess is that he will be.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Why do you say demonic influence? The kid was mentally unstable and then some,but why do you think demons were involved?
      Speaking for myself...while there ARE cases of mental illnesses, there are some elements of demonic activity in this instance. Personal experience have taught me that disruption of a church comes from people that don't submit to God's authority. We have mentally ill people attend our services but they mostly respect the order of service. People under the influence of demons don't.

Edited: I have to add that medicines can cause one to become disruptive...I've just had some painful memories of my ex husband's behavior resurface. Still, I agree with those that say there is some demonic influence in this case.
      Last edited by DesertBerean; 06-22-2015, 08:46 AM.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Since we're talking theology in a political forum, I would think that demonic influence goes without saying, especially being that this event has such enormous political and societal impact (it's clearly going to lead us into sociopolitical actions that might have grave consequences on a much larger scale).

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          Seems to me that almost all white people are popping pills, smoking MJ and have mental problems (usually self-diagnosed) so I'm not convinced "he was nuts" is an adequate explanation, even if he was nuts. I guess we'll find out if he's deemed fit for trial, but my guess is that he will be.
          Personally I believe you don't need to be insane to murder but that's just me.
          "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
          "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
          Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
            Speaking for myself...while there ARE cases of mental illnesses, there are some elements of demonic activity in this instance. Personal experience have taught me that disruption of a church comes from people that don't submit to God's authority. We have mentally ill people attend our services but they mostly respect the order of service. People under the influence of demons don't.

Edited: I have to add that medicines can cause one to become disruptive...I've just had some painful memories of my ex husband's behavior resurface. Still, I agree with those that say there is some demonic influence in this case.
            There are many people that don't submit to God but I doubt for most of the not has nothing to do with demons(sin,sure but not demons). Anyway this isn't really the point of this thread,( I'll give it three more pages before this all goes off topic) so I'll stop bringing this up.
            "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
            "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
            Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Personally I believe you don't need to be insane to murder but that's just me.
              the state of mind does affect the liability of the person. IMHO the insanity defense is overused...but it does have validity. Unfortunately, demonic activity isn't valid in court...
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

There is no reason that this kind of media needs to be publicized. It does have social influence, and I do believe the "strength in numbers" can do just as much harm as it can good. There are plenty of copycats and influencing one person to do this kind of harm even on a smaller scale is too much.
                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I sympathize with you even though nobody else likes you. Does that count?
                  Yeah; we should team up like yin and yang.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Which evidence was that? You mean the fact that he followed a 17 yr old black kid (when he was asked not to by the police) who was walking home from the store until he cornered him in an alley and shot him to death him for defendeing himself.
                    Good Grief where do you live JimL the Twilight zone?
                    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 06-22-2015, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I sympathize with you even though nobody else likes you. Does that count?
                      Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      Yeah; we should team up like yin and yang.
                      pls no

I don't think my heart could take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
                        The people he shot were the exact evidence he needed to disprove his case about black people needing to be segregated. Those were fine people who most sane people would love to have in a community and live next door to and go to school with and marry their kids to. That was the evidence he needed to make him re-evaluate his case and yet he ultimately didn't understand that evidence in the greater scheme of things, or if he did, chose to ignore it.
                        He told the police that the people there were so nice that he almost changed his mind. He did understand it; he just chose to ignore it, which makes things worse.

Nobody is facing persecution and oppression in America. That is, under the standards of normal, sane people. Under the standards of progressives white people are heavily persecuted and black people heavily favored. To reverse it in public opinion, progressives just hide a lot of bad incidents involving black people (especially if they're racial black on white violence) and trumpet dubious white on black violence as racial and unjustified (Zimmerman, Michael Brown). This guy just happened to find all the stuff liberals sweep under the couch, heavily concentrated for him by some white supremacist web site, and, following the logic of liberal instigation of black revolution adjusted to his newfound data, just did what liberals have been trying to get mentally unstable black people to do for the last few years: started shooting.
                        I trust that reasonable readers will realize the last sentence is a fiction created entirely in your imagination. As for the previous bits, one main issue with his analysis is that those white on black violence cases involved people in positions of power, who'd sworn to protect members of the black community, turning around and betraying that oath. The cases of black on white violence apparently didn't involve that dynamic of power and betrayal.

On average, everybody thinks blacks are more racist than whites... including blacks:

Among black Americans, 31% think most blacks are racist, while 24% consider most whites racist and 15% view most Hispanics that way.

Among white adults, 10% think most white Americans are racist; 38% believe most blacks are racist, and 17% say most Hispanics are racist.
                        Saying black people are "the" real racists implies that white racism isn't real. That's clearly a dishonest denial.

You just praised him for his observation that black people view things in racial terms and white people ignore race. Where do you think he learned this from? Just because you're ok with being disingenuous from paragraph to paragraph doesn't mean a naive observer stumbling onto your post will.
                        It was a step in the right direction to recognize that black people are more likely to view things in racial terms compared to white people, who seem to generally ignore race. He went off track, however, when he started complaining about that tendency as if it was a bad thing for black people.

Are you saying no slave was happy? According to him he read accounts of slaves and most of them seemed happy. I dunno if he's right or not but from my experience the average liberal is so ignorant of slavery that they don't even know most slaves were bought from other Africans. They think white people got most of the slaves riding around a post-apocalyptic Africa throwing bolas and wielding tridents, like some 70s cartoon. I can't possibly imagine you actually went through an archive of slave accounts.
                        I don't believe for a second that HUNDREDS of narratives featured happy slaves.

Of course it does (except the reverse racism part, it's just plain racism). If an organization was rejecting talented black people to make room for white people because they're white you'd be screaming from the rooftops about institutional racism. This kid, being more of a rational thinking, saw no need to accept an irrational double standard.
                        I'm not really an affirmative action supporter myself, but enacted properly, it isn't supposed to rejected talented people for less talented people.
                        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                          He told the police that the people there were so nice that he almost changed his mind. He did understand it; he just chose to ignore it, which makes things worse.
                          The fact he mentioned that to the police could be evidence of his confusion at being confronted with that evidence and which, now he has had more time to think about it, has made him regret that he didn't choose the other option. The guy was apparently going to kill himself so he wasn't projecting anything into the future. And his manifesto shows somebody who acts first and thinks later eg ' sorry about typos but I am in a hurry' etc Whatever he understood or not, what he did was wrong and a lot of good people lost their lives because of his actions
                          Last edited by Abigail; 06-23-2015, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                            I trust that reasonable readers will realize the last sentence is a fiction created entirely in your imagination.
                            Not at all. Progressives whipping up black discontent based on lies has been well documented both on tweb and elsewhere, starting with the Zimmerman case.

As for the previous bits, one main issue with his analysis is that those white on black violence cases involved people in positions of power, who'd sworn to protect members of the black community, turning around and betraying that oath.
                            The white on black violence cases were mostly manufactured, or had nothing to do with race or mistreating blacks specifically (Eric Garner specifically comes to mind).

The cases of black on white violence apparently didn't involve that dynamic of power and betrayal.
                            No but the progressive betrayal does. Black people by themselves may not hold significant social power but most are a part of the progressive coalition, which rules supreme in Western society. It's clear from this manifesto that he felt betrayed by that coalition on this issue (and he was right).

Saying black people are "the" real racists implies that white racism isn't real. That's clearly a dishonest denial.
                            Many progressives outright claim that you can't be racist to white people because racism is prejudice + power. So it doesn't take a genius to see where he got the idea that only one group can be racist against another group at a time.

It was a step in the right direction to recognize that black people are more likely to view things in racial terms compared to white people, who seem to generally ignore race. He went off track, however, when he started complaining about that tendency as if it was a bad thing for black people.
                            It is a bad thing when progressives claim with half a mouth that they want a color blind society.

I don't believe for a second that HUNDREDS of narratives featured happy slaves.
                            I'm more interested in discussing objective reality than what you believe.

I'm not really an affirmative action supporter myself, but enacted properly, it isn't supposed to rejected talented people for less talented people.
                            Yes, like real communism and real capitalism don't have any bad side-effects when implemented properly.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Weren't you one of the people loudly arguing that Zimmerman should have been thrown in jail despite virtually all the evidence being in his favor?
                              Along with EVERY person who showed up at the Bundy federal land grab. No trial, no discussion - off to the slammer with them! Never was able to cite the law they violated just by showing up.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thanks for asking, I was wondering why nobody had complained about that. The reality is that fun as it may be to make fun of someone's typing, typos don't say much about your intelligence, particularly when you rush to write an unedited draft so you're not late to your planned massacre.

http://www.wired.com/2014/08/wuwt-typos/

For example:

"Which part of this manifesto lead you to believe that this kid was "smart?""

should be

"Which part of this manifesto led you to believe that this kid was "smart?""

Lead is a metal. The word you were looking for is "led". I don't think that making spelling errors while mocking someone else's spelling makes you stupid (though it's definitely funny), even if you're not in a rush to attend the 9 o'clock slaughter. I actually think you're one of the smarter people here, fwiw.
                                Nick:
                                Thanks for the correction.
                                DE:
                                The reason why I think the kid is smart is because he quickly processed a large amount of information and within the framework of his progressive indoctrination arrived at the appropriate conclusion, then used said intellect to override his non-violent instincts to carry out his plan. He just did what progressives tell blacks implicitly that they should do under progressive standards of racial discrimination.
                                Nick:
                                Well, I believe that anytime a person decides to question someone's intelligence or correct their grammar, it's important to make sure one's own words contain no such errors. Otherwise, it detracts from one's point. I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment of his intelligence based on the fallacious statements he used. When I read his work, what I saw was the inane rantings of an consanguineously conceived maniac. that's just me.

Comment