Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Violation Of Separation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Violation Of Separation?

Really what planet do these people live on?

LAKELAND, Fla. - Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd is under fire after a group says he broke the law by giving a sermon in uniform. Judd spoke from the pulpit of First Baptist Church at the Mall in Lakeland two months ago.

The Freedom from Religion Foundation sent Judd a letter accusing him of "excluding other religions and making non-believers feel like outsiders in their own community."

Judd says he was invited to the church and that his message was "clear and uplifting."

However, the Freedom from Religion Foundation says if the sheriff continues to speak about religion while wearing his uniform, it will consider filing a lawsuit.
    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/flo...iform/33625150
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

While I don't care for FFRF (obviously), Grady Judd is in fact a grandstander who spends more time giving press conferences bragging about his achievements than he does doing anything useful. He's also a man who has no business speaking before a church with the kind of evil he permits to happen under his watch (having to do, in this case, with the contractors he hires to his dirty work). He certainly didn't wear his uniform for any good purpose -- unless his laundry wasn't done yet. FFRF did one thing right here: They chose a "soft target".

Luckily Judd's county is not my county. I'd rather have this guy in charge than Grady Judd.

18b62af7f5a88676e5d6fb54e51fa1b6.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Really what planet do these people live on?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/flo...iform/33625150
      IMO he probably shouldn't be preaching in uniform, because it could be seen as part of his job. However, the FFRF's assertion is absurd, because he was speaking to the church community, not the community at large.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

was he preaching Christ in the color of law?

Comment