Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Church shooting in South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Church shooting in South Carolina

Details are still sketchy but apparently a young white male opened fire at the Emanuel AME (African Methodist Episcopal) Church, an historic black church in Charleston, South Carolina, around 9 PM Wednesday evening. Reports are that nine people, including senior pastor Clementa Pinckney, were killed after the shooter entered the church and opened fire. Several others were wounded.

The shooter described as a clean-shaven white male in his early 20s with sandy blond hair and a small build and wearing a gray sweatshirt, blue jeans and Timberland boots is still at large.

Charleston Police Chief Greg Mullen says he believes that it was a hate crime but did not elaborate any further.

ing for the victims, their families and friends.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

*sigh*
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Police has released picture of suspect:

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          Police has released picture of suspect:

Sandy hair? Looks like darkish brown to me

Comment

I hope he is caught this morning.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Headlines and reports coming in:

Charleston shooting suspect sat in church prayer meeting for an hour before killings started, police say

Clementa Pinckney was apparently a South Carolina state senator. Wouldn't this technically qualify as an assassination?

https://twitter.com/offlede/status/611414951027167232
              Local NAACP official: Gunman told survivor he'd let her live so she could tell everyone else what happened. #CharlestonShooting

https://twitter.com/EricKingNBC5/sta...88450638950401
              #BREAKING- Reports: #Charleston shooter said,"You rape our women and are taking over our country & you have to go."Report coming on @NBCDFW

A five year old child survived by playing dead.

Update from a Charleston newspaper:
              https://twitter.com/postandcourier/s...33468120518656
              .@FBI confirms that Dylann Roof, 21, of #Columbia area is suspect in #CharlestonShooting. #chsnews
              Last edited by fm93; 06-18-2015, 09:05 AM.
              Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Would a five year old know to play dead? Maybe. This is why I distrust details of initial reports.
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

They caught him:

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2015/06/...g-bible-study/
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

One of the flags on his jacket is the apartheid South Africa flag. That might explain/give some credence to the earlier comment about "taking over our country", I don't usually hear that about blacks from white nationalist types. The other is probably the flag of Rhodesia.
                    Last edited by Darth Executor; 06-18-2015, 11:06 AM.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

And how long before the left turns this tragedy into a gun control argument. One day?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

I was just coming to post that

Source: Dylann Roof, suspect in Charleston church shooting, has been captured

Dylann Roof, who police say opened fire and killed nine people during a prayer service at a historic African American church here, has been arrested.

Roof, a 21-year-old from Eastover, S.C., was taken into custody Thursday morning, not long after law enforcement officials identified him as the sole suspect in the Wednesday-night massacre, Attorney General Loretta Lynch said at a news briefing.

Charleston Police Chief Greg Mullen said Roof was arrested during a traffic stop in Shelby, N.C., just after 11 a.m. Mullen said Roof “was cooperative with the officer who stopped him” in Shelby, about 250 miles from Charleston.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Sounds like he was trying to make a break for it since Shelby, North Carolina is nowhere near Eastover, South Carolina where he lived

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          And how long before the left turns this tragedy into a gun control argument. One day?
                          not even a day just a matter of a few hours

“Once again, a senseless act of gun violence has brought terror, tragedy and pain to one of our communities. And once again, gunfire and bloodshed has visited one of America’s houses of worship.
                          source

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                            One of the flags on his jacket is the apartheid South Africa flag. That might explain/give some credence to the earlier comment about "taking over our country", I don't usually hear that about blacks from white nationalist types. The other is probably the flag of Rhodesia.
                            You have far better vision than I do if you can identify what was on his sweatshirt

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                              Would a five year old know to play dead? Maybe. This is why I distrust details of initial reports.
                              Apparently she was with her grandmother who told her to do this.

Comment