Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Church shooting in South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    You have far better vision than I do if you can identify what was on his sweatshirt
    It's from seer's link, not the early one I posted:

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      And how long before the left turns this tragedy into a gun control argument. One day?
      They don't have to when you do it for them.
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

And how long before the left turns this tragedy into a gun control argument. One day?
        Obama already did...from YOUR link:

Obama also touched on the subject of gun control during his speech, saying he’s had to make speeches like these too many times because “someone who wanted to inflict harm had no trouble getting their hands on a gun.”
        “We as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries,” Obama said. “It doesn’t happen in other places with this kind of frequency and it is in our power to do something about it. I say that recognizing the politics in this town foreclosed a lot of those avenues right now, but it would be wrong for us not to acknowledge it.”

Source: http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2015/06/...g-bible-study/

"...this type of violence doesn't happen in other advanced coutries,..." Someone tap Obama on the shoulder and remind him of Norway please...
        Last edited by Littlejoe; 06-18-2015, 12:13 PM.
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post

“We as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries,” Obama said.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
            They don't have to when you do it for them.
            Nonsense - I'm not twisting any body's arm. They will turn this tragedy in political fodder. And we both know it.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              Tho you have to admit the USA has a lot more gun crimes. Brevik used guns but I think he was the sort who would have probably got a gun whatever because he was smouldering and a bit out of touch with the real world. I think some others, the hotheads, who go on sprees use guns because they are there and it is an option available to them. The hotheads are the type who would otherwise go slash someones tyres or break their property when angry, but when they have access to a gun then they use that to take out their anger. I am thinking of people who go in and shoot colleagues etc. Who knows with this guy. He could be a Brevik or just a hothead. I see on some sites he has had a drug arrest. Also - allegedly - he has a lot of black people as facebook friends, so not sure what we are to make of that. Whatever, what he did was wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Abigail View Post
                Tho you have to admit the USA has a lot more gun crimes.!
                Yes in Europe there's no need for weapons to commit crimes because the denizens will just let you do whatever you want to them.

Comment

They'll also gleefully use the racism charge against any pro-gun advocates in this case, a la Michael Moore.

Comment

Watching the news the Pastor who was killed was a really great guy. Well loved and respected. And I bet these people were more than happy to have this guy in their bible study, and probably warmly embraced him, only to be betrayed in the worse possible fashion - truly sad, truly evil.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

You just did exactly what you condemned.

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post

Obama also touched on the subject of gun control during his speech, saying he’s had to make speeches like these too many times because “someone who wanted to inflict harm had no trouble getting their hands on a gun.”
                      “We as a country will have to reckon with the fact that this type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries,” Obama said. “It doesn’t happen in other places with this kind of frequency and it is in our power to do something about it. I say that recognizing the politics in this town foreclosed a lot of those avenues right now, but it would be wrong for us not to acknowledge it.”

Source: http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2015/06/...g-bible-study/

"...this type of violence doesn't happen in other advanced coutries,..." Someone tap Obama on the shoulder and remind him of Norway please...
                      Er...that part you quoted shows that he said mass violence doesn't happen at that frequency in other advanced countries. I don't have a firm opinion either way on the gun control debate, but technically I think you've attacked a strawman. Pointing out an instance of such violence in another advanced country isn't really evidence that it happens at that same frequency as in the US.
                      Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                        Nope, just pointing out what the left WILL do.

Comment

Nope, just pointing out what the left WILL do.
                          So you decided to turn a tragic mass murder into an argument about gun control before they could?
                          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

So you decided to turn a tragic mass murder into an argument about gun control before they could?
                            You are the one keeping it going.

Comment

You are the one keeping it going.
                              Obama already beat you both to it.
                              To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Er...that part you quoted shows that he said mass violence doesn't happen at that frequency in other advanced countries. I don't have a firm opinion either way on the gun control debate, but technically I think you've attacked a strawman. Pointing out an instance of such violence in another advanced country isn't really evidence that it happens at that same frequency as in the US.
                                Matter of opinion I guess, but I read it as doesn't happen in other advanced countries...then doesn't happen as often in other countries. Seems to me advanced countries is different than just other countries. All advanced countries would be other countries, but all other countries wouldn't be advanced countries...YMMV
                                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment