Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transracial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Just more proof - the world is an insane asylum, and its run by the inmates.

(Did the original story smell of onion?)
    It smelled like greenish orange.

Here is another nut that the ACLU is catering to:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/12/ac...c-high-school/
    https://www.aclu.org/blog/speakeasy/...-boys-bathroom

The American Civil Liberties Union has filed a federal sex discrimination lawsuit on behalf of a Virginia high school student who has been prohibited from using the boys bathrooms and locker rooms on school premises.

The student plaintiff, 16-year-old Gavin Grimm, attends Gloucester High School in quiet, coastal Virginia, reports the Daily Press of Newport News.

The reason school officials have prevented Grimm from using facilities reserved for boys on campus is because Grimm was born a girl and by all accounts remains a girl.
    At least this school has enough sense to keep her out of the boys room.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      Has anyone seen any of the news concerning the president of the NAACP in Spokane Washington, who's recently been outed for misrepresenting herself as a black woman, and a victim of numerous hate crimes (including burglary, nooses on her property, and letters that she herself has apparently been placing in the PO box of her own NAACP chapter)?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ions/71110110/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/12/us/was...ezal-identity/

What are people's thoughts about this. Do you think there's any corollary between this sort of reidentification and that of the transgender community?
      She should move to Massachusetts, run for the Senate and wait for people to beg for her to run for president.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
        Ok, Sparko-chan.
        Only his friends may call him that, and since he ain't got any, nobody can call him that. OTOH, everyone can call him Sparko-san except you who can refer to him as Sparko-sama.

I knew watching all of those animes would pay off one day.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Only his friends may call him that, and since he ain't got any, nobody can call him that. OTOH, everyone can call him Sparko-san except you who can refer to him as Sparko-sama.
          Meh. I'll just call him Sparko-kun, unless he gets uppity about it, then I'll call him Sparko-dono with a sarcastic text font.
          Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            It smelled like greenish orange.

Here is another nut that the ACLU is catering to:

At least this school has enough sense to keep her out of the boys room.
            Gloucester is NOT quiet! Lots of crazy crap happens there.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

I knew watching all of those animes would pay off one day.
              I think I'll stick with Sparko-chan.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                Do you think there's any corollary between this sort of reidentification and that of the transgender community?
                No. Transgender people are essentially saying "I'm aware that I have male/female genitals, but they feel foreign to me. I'm unable to feel "at home" in my body, and it's causing me distress. I believe that undergoing some procedure to change the body would alleviate my distress." Meanwhile, this woman is saying "I am literally African-American; one of my parents was African-American," when that's just factually false.
                Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                  No. Transgender people are essentially saying "I'm aware that I have male/female genitals, but they feel foreign to me. I'm unable to feel "at home" in my body, and it's causing me distress. I believe that undergoing some procedure to change the body would alleviate my distress." Meanwhile, this woman is saying "I am literally African-American; one of my parents was African-American," when that's just factually false.
                  No, it is not factually false that she self-identifies as a black woman.
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    No, it is not factually false that she self-identifies as a black woman.
                    She didn't say she feels like a black woman with a white woman's body. She said that she's a black woman with a black woman's body, which is false. Her body is not that of a black woman. In other words, she was lying. Thus, she "self-identifies" as black only in a dishonest manner pertaining to the genetic sense, whereas when people talk about transgender people self-identifying as the other gender, they mean that those people are saying their internal perceptions are different from the body. You're comparing apples and humpback whales here.
                    Last edited by fm93; 06-12-2015, 08:13 PM.
                    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

Comment

She didn't say she feels like a black woman with a white woman's body. She said that she's a black woman with a black woman's body, which is false. Her body is not that of a black woman. In other words, she was lying.
                      Kinda like Bruce claiming now to be a woman. Any claim that now he's a woman is false. He has the chromosomes and internals of a man. In other words, he is lying.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Kinda like Bruce claiming now to be a woman. Any claim that now he's a woman is false. He has the chromosomes and internals of a man. In other words, he is lying.
                        Jenner is not claiming to biologically be a woman. Dolazel was claiming to biologically be black.
                        Last edited by fm93; 06-12-2015, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Jenner is not claiming to biologically be a woman.
                          Anybody with a discerning eye can look at Bruce and see he's a man. Besides, he couldn't have done thie much more publicly.

Dolazel was claiming to biologically be black.
                          Can you provide the quote please where Dolazel claims to be biologically black?

Thanks
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Anybody with a discerning eye can look at Bruce and see he's a man. Besides, he couldn't have done thie much more publicly.
                            Jenner's claim has consistently been "I have a male body but feel like a woman inside, so I want to make my body resemble who I feel like inside." At no point has Jenner claimed "I literally have the body of a female."

Can you provide the quote please where Dolazel claims to be biologically black?

Thanks
                            You have to be deliberately trying to be dense.

Dolezal represented herself as African-American -- along with several other ethnicities, including white and Native American -- in an application for a Spokane police ombudsman commission.

And she has presented the public with a different family photograph posted to the local NAACP chapter's Facebook page. When she announced her father was coming to town for a visit, she showed herself standing next to an older African-American man.

She claimed that her father--in other words, a person from whom she shares the biological traits that are manifested as race--is a man who clearly is black. But that wasn't her father, and her real father is not black.

In this video, a reporter shows her that picture and asks if that's indeed her father, and she answers yes. The reporter then presses further, and she walks away.

Comment

Jenner's claim has consistently been "I have a male body but feel like a woman inside, so I want to make my body resemble who I feel like inside." At no point has Jenner claimed "I literally have the body of a female."
                              So he's STILL "trapped in a male body", eh? And how much did he spend on that?

You have to be deliberately trying to be dense.
                              That is so unkind. And here, I'm trying to be nice to you, and simply asked a question.

Dolezal represented herself as African-American -- along with several other ethnicities, including white and Native American -- in an application for a Spokane police ombudsman commission.

Thanks, didn't know that.

And she has presented the public with a different family photograph posted to the local NAACP chapter's Facebook page. When she announced her father was coming to town for a visit, she showed herself standing next to an older African-American man.
                              She claimed that her father--in other words, a person from whom she shares the biological traits that are manifested as race--is a man who clearly is black. But that wasn't her father, and her real father is not black.
                              Gotcha.

In this video, a reporter shows her that picture and asks if that's indeed her father, and she answers yes. The reporter then presses further, and she walks away.
                              Yeah, got it. One quote would have been sufficient.

Comment

I mean, come on.

Jenner: Claims to have the body of a male, but feels like a woman inside.
                                Truth: Jenner DOES have the body of a male, and (apparently) DOES feel like a woman inside. Jenner is telling the truth.

Dozadel: Claims to have a father who is black, meaning that she's black too.
                                Truth: Dozadel's father is NOT black, and neither is her mother, meaning that she is NOT black. Dozadel is telling a lie.

Comment