Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberal Policies On Parade !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberal Policies On Parade !

Now who didn't know this would happen? The sad part is that it is the minority communities that are suffering most.

A dramatic drop in stop-and-frisk encounters has emboldened criminals and made cops more reluctant to take proactive police action, even as murders and shootings are on the rise in the city.

The frightening message — echoed by police supervisors and union leaders — comes as stop-and-frisk encounters are on pace to plunge by 42% this year, with 20,000 fewer street stops.

There were 11,652 stops across the city through June 3 — projecting to roughly 28,000 for the year, records obtained by the Daily News show. As the number of stops fell, the number of murders spiked 19.5% during the first five months of the year, the number of people shot is up 9.2% and the number of shooting incidents jumped 9%.

“What you’re seeing now are the perps carrying their guns because they’re not afraid to carry them,” said Ed Mullins, head of the Sergeants Benevolent Association. “We’ve created an atmosphere where we’ve handcuffed the police. We are sitting back, taking a less proactive approach.”
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

It is the classic case of unforeseen circumstances (or penalties) which is a classic evidence of lack of wisdom.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      It is the classic case of unforeseen circumstances (or penalties) which is a classic evidence of lack of wisdom.
      I'm not convinced that the consequences were entirely "unforeseen."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I'm not convinced that the consequences were entirely "unforeseen."
        Yeah, I'm being charitable silly.

(On the other hand, you may be giving them too much credit. )
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Now who didn't know this would happen? The sad part is that it is the minority communities that are suffering most.
          Source?
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            Source?
            http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2247406

Comment

I noticed that you conveniently forgot to mention this part from the article, seer:

In 2011, the NYPD conducted a record 694,482 stops — a number that has declined every year since.

But so has the city’s murder rate, dropping from 515 in 2011 to 419 the next year, 335 in 2013 and 333 last year.

Christopher Dunn, assistant legal director for the New York Civil Liberties Union, said history showed stop-and-frisks had no effect on crime data.

“We know from 25 years of NYPD data, including last year’s record low number of murders and record low number of stops, that reducing stops does not lead to more murders,” Dunn said.

So although the spike this year is troubling, the data actually does NOT suggest that the main cause is a reduction in the number of stops. More research needs to be done before a definitive conclusion regarding the cause can be drawn. For all we know, this could be a one year anomaly--statistical noise, as they say. Or perhaps some other factor has emerged this year. Either way, you're leaping to a conclusion that is wholly unwarranted at the moment.
              Last edited by fm93; 06-05-2015, 04:23 PM.
              Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post

So although the spike this year is troubling, the data actually does NOT suggest that the main cause is a reduction in the number of stops. More research needs to be done before a definitive conclusion regarding the cause can be drawn. For all we know, this could be a one year anomaly--statistical noise, as they say. Or perhaps some other factor has emerged this year. Either way, you're leaping to a conclusion that is wholly unwarranted at the moment.
                BS, they are just beginning to see the effects of ending stop, question and frisk. And Dunn is another bias liberal.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I'm a bit new to the debate, but how does stop and frisk not blatantly violate the fourth amendment?
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    I'm a bit new to the debate, but how does stop and frisk not blatantly violate the fourth amendment?
                    Yeah, I was wondering that myself.
                    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      Because a "stop question and frisk" is different than an arrest. And the "frisk" is a very superficial search.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...Stop+and+Frisk

The Supreme Court rejected the defendants' arguments. The Court noted that stops and frisks are considerably less intrusive than full-blown arrests and searches. It also observed that the interests in crime prevention and in police safety require that the police have some leeway to act before full probable cause has developed. The Fourth Amendment's reasonableness requirement is sufficiently flexible to permit an officer to investigate the situation.

Comment

BS, they are just beginning to see the effects of ending stop, question and frisk. And Dunn is another bias liberal.
                        What do the homicide statistics have to do with Christopher Dunn?

Comment

Thanks.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

So yeah, you're leaping to a conclusion that is wholly unwarranted at the moment. Thanks for confirming.

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            What do the homicide statistics have to do with Christopher Dunn?
                            Apparently certain liberals have the power to control reality. It's like "Yeah, the actual facts DID support my conclusion, but then biased liberals used their magic powers to change reality so now the facts don't. But it's only because of their liberal bias magic!"
                            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                              I noticed that you conveniently forgot to mention this part from the article, seer:

In 2011, the NYPD conducted a record 694,482 stops — a number that has declined every year since.

But so has the city’s murder rate, dropping from 515 in 2011 to 419 the next year, 335 in 2013 and 333 last year.

Christopher Dunn, assistant legal director for the New York Civil Liberties Union, said history showed stop-and-frisks had no effect on crime data.

“We know from 25 years of NYPD data, including last year’s record low number of murders and record low number of stops, that reducing stops does not lead to more murders,” Dunn said.

Well what ever is happening we "know" that it can not be a result of any liberal action.

Comment